What would make you feel next season was "a success"?

97 replies

Not So FastNot So FastForum Veteran
Feb 1, 2014, 03:43 PM

Win at least 1 playoff game.

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Feb 1, 2014, 03:51 PM

"lmeister3 wrote:

I pretty much agree with Boiks list. Maybe add boobies and a superbowl, but other than that pretty solid hopes.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 4

I didnt post a list...until now.

1. Playoffs
2. Win at least 1 game in the playoffs
3. Having an owner that doesnt make the franchise seem like garbage.

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Feb 1, 2014, 03:55 PM

Bpk*

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

Feb 1, 2014, 04:03 PM

If we went 9-7 and made the playoffs that would not get it for me. That still would indicate we were mired in mediocrity and could be 6-10 the next year.

A successful season?

1. At least 10 wins, including wins against some top teams.
2. no big blowout losses,
3. Playoffs and
4. A win or a competitive loss to a team that went on to the SB.

Alex44Alex44New Member
Feb 1, 2014, 04:04 PM

"Da 'Fins wrote:

If we went 9-7 and made the playoffs that would not get it for me. That still would indicate we were mired in mediocrity and could be 6-10 the next year.

A successful season?

1. At least 10 wins, including wins against some top teams.
2. no big blowout losses,
3. Playoffs and either a win or a competitive loss to a team that went on to the title game or SB.

What if we went 9-7 but won at least two playoff games. How would you feel?

On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.

MIASportsFanMIASportsFanNew Member
Feb 1, 2014, 04:41 PM

Win a playoff game. Ryan Tannehill takes another step forward.

ToddPhinToddPhinLuxury Box
Feb 1, 2014, 04:48 PM

double the amount of cheerleaders in half the amount of clothes.

MrCleanMrCleanSupporter
Feb 1, 2014, 05:12 PM

"Alex44 wrote:

What if we went 9-7 but won at least two playoff games. How would you feel?

If we make the playoffs and win at least two games there, I don't care what the regular season record is.

“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”

― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

MrCleanMrCleanSupporter
Feb 1, 2014, 05:14 PM

"phinsational wrote:

double the amount of cheerleaders in half the amount of clothes.

I think the pct of black cheerleaders should be commensurate with the pct of black players. Same as Latino or Samoan, etc. We have too high a pct of blond, blue eyes cheerleaders. :)

“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”

― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

7777FinFanSupporter
Feb 1, 2014, 05:15 PM

"Alex44 wrote:

What if we went 9-7 but won at least two playoff games. How would you feel?

Unwelcome at the kiddy pool due to a lack of wrinkles in my swimsuit.

UCF FINaticUCF FINaticNew Member
Feb 1, 2014, 05:39 PM

Honestly, this may seem harsh, but I would deem next season a "success" if we absolutely implode and we completely clean house and rebuild the entire front office from the top down with one of the many top GM candidates that we whiffed on this year.

This may seem harsh, but I have absolutely no faith in either Philbin, Hickey, or even our front office structure. I think imploding and starting over would get us to the Super Bowl sooner than continuing down the road we are currently heading down.

Thank you giovafin for this awesome Sig!

BpkBpkLuxury Box
Feb 1, 2014, 06:29 PM

"Alex44 wrote:

You participating in the GM league :lol:

Your ten seem like they would be nice.

I love GM-ing so much. That was my fave part of Medden franchise. lol. I liked building the roster way more than playing the games (maybe because I wasn't a great player).

Thanks for the invite to GM league, bro. I'll politely decline. My hands are full with building a business right now. No time to build a team too. :)

PUpumpdogsForum Veteran
Feb 1, 2014, 06:35 PM

Jesus just get to the playoffs.I don't remember even what that feels like.

SceetoSceetoForum Veteran
Feb 1, 2014, 06:35 PM

"lmeister3 wrote:

Maybe add boobies

Well, we had those this past season with John Jerry.

BpkBpkLuxury Box
Feb 1, 2014, 06:37 PM

"Skeet84 wrote:

1. Have a successful draft class.
2. No negative press.
3. Rebuild OL that will be at least average in run and pass blocking.
4. Win all games I attend (obviously being selfish here)
5. Dolphins get at least 2 prime time games (does not include Thursday Night Football) and win at least 1.
6. Have a 1,000 rusher that can also pass protect.
7. Tannehill and Wallace figure out the deep ball.
8. Dolphins are a contender to win the division in final two games.
9. Make playoffs and not get embarrassed.
10. Tannehill improves his play.
11. Beat Jets twice.

1. Have a successful draft class. (Well, we won't know the results her until 2017-ish)
2. No negative press. (Unlikely)
3. Rebuild OL that will be at least average in run and pass blocking. (Glad we agree.)
4. Win all games I attend (obviously being selfish here) (I have no problem with that)
5. Dolphins get at least 2 prime time games (does not include Thursday Night Football) and win at least 1. (Agree with getting 2 Prime Time games. But we need to win BOTH(
6. Have a 1,000 rusher that can also pass protect. (Man… that would be amazing.)
7. Tannehill and Wallace figure out the deep ball. (Whooo. That would be exciting.)
8. Dolphins are a contender to win the division in final two games. For that to happen, I think we need to sweep the Pats.. unlikely but possible)
9. Make playoffs and not get embarrassed. (Yup)
10. Tannehill improves his play. (Yup)
11. Beat Jets twice. (HELLS YEAH)

OnehondoOnehondoSupporter
Feb 1, 2014, 06:40 PM

I have a lot simpler goals. Tannehill throws at least twice as many TDs as Ints and finally develops a deep pass to Wallace. We finally have a functioning Offensive Line. Jordan justifies a trade up to the 3rd pick in the first round. Hickey does a good job in Free Agency and the draft. The Dolphins reestablish their dominance at home and make the playoffs.

BpkBpkLuxury Box
Feb 1, 2014, 06:41 PM

"Fin D wrote:

Seriously, if 1 & 3 happen but the other stuff doesn't, you'd consider that a failure?

No, I guess it wasn;t a baseline for success, and also not a pie-in-the-sky fantasy success season (Championshiiip!)… I started off wondering what would signify progress… and then it kinda became a wish list along the way.

Lack of list discipline.

BpkBpkLuxury Box
Feb 1, 2014, 06:47 PM

Okay, Fin D got me thinking (I was shocked by that too) and so here is the list of things that would HAVE to happen or I'd be disappointed in the season…. though I wouldn't call the season a "failure"

1) Playoffs
2) Not being embarrassed in the playoffs. Even if we lose in the first round, we look like we belong there.
3) Tannehill takes his next step forward
4) The Oline allows us to at least be average in rushing and pass protection
5) No bust Free Agency signings.
6) We make it through the season with no off-the-field embarrassments or scandals (very minor stuff aside) by players, execs, owner, ball-boy, DJ, etc.
7) We represent ourselves well in any primetime games (no blowout losses or embarrassing stuff in the national spotlight)

Now, if we only did 3 or fewer of those things, I probably WOULD consider the season a failure… but I have standards that are higher… no medioctirty will be considered successful around her (except the Oline, since that would be a major improvement)

LBLBsFinestNew Member
Feb 1, 2014, 07:39 PM

"UCF FINatic wrote:

Honestly, this may seem harsh, but I would deem next season a "success" if we absolutely implode and we completely clean house and rebuild the entire front office from the top down with one of the many top GM candidates that we whiffed on this year.

This may seem harsh, but I have absolutely no faith in either Philbin, Hickey, or even our front office structure. I think imploding and starting over would get us to the Super Bowl sooner than continuing down the road we are currently heading down.

The homers here won't like this but it could very well be true.

ToddPhinToddPhinLuxury Box
Feb 1, 2014, 09:15 PM

"MrClean wrote:

I think the pct of black cheerleaders should be commensurate with the pct of black players. Same as Latino or Samoan, etc. We have too high a pct of blond, blue eyes cheerleaders. :)

I kinda like the inverse relationship. :p

jboogiejboogieForum Veteran
Feb 1, 2014, 09:18 PM

1. A playoff win
2. A season without any complete meltdown, tear your heart out, wtf has happend to my team type games (ie. Jets, Bills x2)

Paul 13Paul 13Staff
Feb 1, 2014, 09:50 PM

"phinsational wrote:

I kinda like the inverse relationship. :p

you want more blond blue eyed football players?

Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!

Liverpool FC Discussion Thread

Feb 1, 2014, 10:39 PM

Aim high.....AFC East championship....

bigbrybigbryNew Member
Feb 2, 2014, 01:05 AM

Super Bowl Win
Wade-NFL MVP
T-Hill-Offensive Player of the Year

That or I only speak in Haiku

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Feb 2, 2014, 01:10 AM

For once pick a good amount of players I want in the draft..lol

1st...Sheldon Richardson... ROTY

2nd..Eddie Lacy..ROTY

2nd..Tyronne Matthieu..4th in voting

3rd..Keenan Allen..2nd in voting,

Got sick watchin that show tonite.

So lets draft well, so we can at least gain some trust with this GM.

Hope that some inside reports start to come out that said GM is nice to people in the building.

Ross begins his crusade again to get upgrades to a pathetic venue.

Or he just gets smart and builds a stadium that is on par with the link in Seattle..for obvious reasons stated ad nauseum.

Bill Lazor brainwashes Ryan Tannehill and starts to use this whole skillset of the Qb.

Ryan Tannehill learns to understand that every play is important and that he consciously realizes in the moment that he has legs and can use then to help his team get a first down and give the defense something else to think about.

Our GM really looks for tough players when he's aquiring, like really tough players.

The team wins 10 games..which shows the coach can get his team united amongst a very understandably impatient fanbase.