1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would you rather have?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Kanye West, Mar 23, 2008.

1. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    Well remembered (fourth in points; sixth in yards).

2. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Yeah I think building that great offense requires a bit of serendipity, as well. You can't have an elite offense without a spectacular QB. But finding one can be a crapshoot How lucky were the Rams with Kurt Warner? A guy who was playing in the arena league. The Fins got lucky when Marino fell to them. NE got lucky with a 6th rd QB. For that matter, a case could be made for the Colts just getting lucky. Most of the so called draft experts thought Leaf would be as good a pick as Manning. The Giants too, with the whole Rivers/Manning trade.

3. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Great offense....

Been a LOOOONNNNGGG time sense we had that "we are scoring everytime we get the ball" feeling...and i would love to see that again

4. phunwin

phunwin Happy kids are Dolfans. Luxury Box

Absolutely. Not just serendipity, but Job-like patience. Wide receivers and QBs take time to develop into their roles, more than other positions. The only parallel on the other side is CBs, and I don't think their development time is as long as QBs or WRs.

5. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Man, Phil, after these past several seasons, I already feel like Job. But with the new regime I'm feeling pretty optimistic. Honestly, one thing that I really like about them is that Sparano's experience has been primarily OL. So I truly believe he'll give us an OL that'll actually give whoever the QB is a chance to develop and find a comfort level.

6. larfo2224

larfo2224 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Box Elder, South Dakota
    Great defense and a decent offense. We all know the saying that defense wins championships and we watched it first hand this year.

alen1 likes this.
  7. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    :up:

8. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Tell me how many great offenses won a super bowl?

A great defense triumphs anything.

9. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I've played WR my whole life so I love offense, however my perfect team starts up the middle with the defensive line and linebackers. You can dominate the trenches and you can dominate the game.