1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What you think of my fantasy Team 2014

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Alex13, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    Had the 7th pick overall, 12 Team league PPR, 1 catch 1 point, every 10 yards 1 point, 5 bonus for 300 yds passing or 100 rushing and receiving

QB Philip Rivers
    QB Ben Roehtlisberger
    RB Ray Rice
    RB Knoshwon Moreno
    RB Ryan Mathews
    WR Calvin Johnson
    WR A.J. Green
    WR Randall Cobb
    WR Mike Evans
    TE Jason Witten
    TE Charles Clay
    K Nick Novak
    D 49ers

i always go WR heavy, will start 3 WR and 1 RB most of the time, so what you think...Jeremy Hill, Ben Tate, Lamar Miller are still available, would have to drop a rusher though

2. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    I'd be inclined to ride Ben Tate until he gets hurt. At least you know he's the bell cow starter with West looking shaky in preseason.

It's possible that Jeremy Hill performs at a RB1 level the 2nd half of the season. He wasn't the second back drafted to serve as Bernard's complement; IMO he was drafted to make Bernard his. If you take away Gio's 15 runs of 10+ yards, he averaged 2.8 yards on his remaining 155 carries [91% of his runs]. Over Gio's final 4 games, including postseason, he carried 51 times for 120 yards for a pathetic 2.35 YPC. In divisional games, if you remove 36 yards on 2 carries, Gio averaged 2.85 yards between the tackles on the other 96% of his attempts.

If Cincy wants to ground & pound it, what does the potential look like for the smaller back who averaged 3.4 yards up the middle, 2.8 yards in I-formation, 3.5 yards in 2-WR formations [run heavy stuff], and 3.7 yards vs 4 man fronts? Cincy gave Hill 26 touches Thursday to help get him up to speed ASAP and to make sure he can handle a fuller plate.

Alex13 likes this.
  3. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Are there any decent FA QBs still out there? Can you drop Roethlisberger and roll with 1 QB until Rivers' week 10 bye? If so I'd add Hill and drop Rice for Tate. You should have much better RB clarity by then.

4. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Thats actually really good insight on Gio. Im not a Gio fan in the first place for fantasy purposes this year but that puts it in a different light. Having the 5th pick in my 12 team money league draft I was considering going Megatron and going RB in rd 2. He was on my list at 20 of who Id pick if I had to take a RB there for whatever reason. Not anymore. Youve successfully gave me a reason to drop him to rd 3 at earliest. :lol:

As far as Alex's team, eh. Its probably a playoff team, but it would need some breaks imo. Love the wr's, the TE is good. The rest I can take or leave half of em. Matthews as an RB 1....thats a huge risk because hes always a health risk. The small roster size means there has to be better talent out there. I like Moreno and think he may eventually emerge as the lead back but I think Miami's backfield is a big fantasy "dont bother" situation. Id swap Tate for him.

ToddPhin likes this.
  5. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    I agree on rolling the dice with Tate..he may be your #1 RB tbh. Great WR corps that will win you some games.

6. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    wait, you mean there's some value to my dissertations? :shifty: :p
    This is why I took Hill at #8 in the Armchair League and didn't mind trading back the #2 pick. He was my second target behind Hyde, and I figured he'd slide b/c of Gio. I think Bernard could still have a good RB2 season, but I wouldn't be surprised if Hill received 225-250 carries. I'm just not sure why everyone expected such big things from Gio this year. What was the reasoning behind this alleged "big jump"? -his draft status and a few highlight reel runs? It's not like he out-carried BGE last year. It's not like Cincy had anyone else to challenge him for carries. It's not like he didn't struggle between the tackles, in run heavy formations, or when he was needed to carry more than 10 times per game where his YPC dropped to 3.5. It's not like Cincy didn't spend another 2nd rounder at RB, which IMO doesn't seem like a glowing endorsement for Gio. Would Cincy have gone RB in the 2nd round for a second consecutive year if they thought Gio was the answer they wanted?

That's my own research and assessment BTW so you're likely to not see it anywhere else, except in a Rotoworld comment in response to Reff Ratcliffe's insinuation that Hill's 26 touches Thursday should offer solace for Bernard owners, suggesting that he wouldn't have gotten that many touches if Cincy believed he was a core player. I called bull****. Cincy believing Hill is a core player is the very reason to give him that many touches since the more reps he gets the faster he'll develop. So to me, 26 touches meant they want him developed ASAP. I think initially Cincy thought they could ease him in, hence giving him just 9 carries through the first two games, but then Gio continued to struggle [3.2 YPC]. So they boosted Hill's touches a bit in game three- 12 carries for 48 yards compared to Gio's 10 carries for 17, giving Gio 49 yards on 20 carries in preseason and pushing his last 7 game total to 71 carries for 169 yards [2.4 YPC]. I think Cincy saw enough by that point to realize their greatest hope for a quality run game is if they expedite Hill's development, hence throwing him into the deep end Thursday, and he swam nicely. In training camp Hill was reportedly showing off some great hands for what it's worth.

Alex13 and Boik14 like this.
  7. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    When you're right you're right Todd. I call me how I see em. :)

ToddPhin likes this.
  8. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    and what do you say to yourself?

9. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    I am the king :evil:

ToddPhin likes this.
  10. Alex13

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    well ben tate is gone now, QB´s that are left are

Cam Newton
    Robert Griffin III
    Joe Flacco

i forgot to mention carlos hyde is also still there

11. Alex13

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    so you would keep mathews ? i would like to hold on to ray rice

12. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    yes, definitely. I'd feel safer with him than Rice TBH. 311 total touches last year for 1444 yards and saw an increase in redzone touches and receptions the second half of the season [5 of his 6 rushing TDs and 19 of 26 receptions came in the final 8 games]? What's not to like about that? He's the man in San Diego, and Donald Brown is his handcuff, so no worries.

How 'bout this: hold onto Rice through week 4 or 5 when the smoke has had time to clear in that backfield AND you've had a game or two to assess his play as a starter should he emerge as one. In the meantime, drop Ben and pick up Jeremy Hill. Most, if not all of your RB situation should be settled by then, at which time you can drop the low man on the totem pole and pick Ben or whoever back up. Gravy.

Alex13 likes this.
  13. Alex13

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    its a good idea but i was actually thinking about starting ben week 1 because rivers has a tough week 1 at cardinals on a MNF to boot

chargers have a tough rushing schedule and i totally forgot about the addition of donald brown, with pesky woodhead already there, it was round 13 though so i didn't thought about it much at first

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

14. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    yes you are the king .... the king dingaling.

Boik14 likes this.
  15. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    So you like Matthews as my RB2 in our league :shifty:

16. Alex13

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    so i just checked it again, with the QB´s that are left, there is no way in hell i can get rid of Big Ben, we have a rule that we have to have one rookie on the roster and we have some guys who
    took rookie QB´s to be their backups, if i throw Big Ben back in the pool, he will be gone by tomorrow imo, and if something happens to rivers i´m ****ed, i´m very intruiged by jeremy hill, although i hate when RB´s on my team don´t catch but if i want to pick him up, i have to either drop moreno or mathews, i´m so high on ray rice (especially where i got him in round 7) in a gary kubiak offense that i won´t let him go

17. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    what r u tryin' to say? lol

18. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Wait a minute, if you have a rule that you have to have 1 rookie on each team and some GMs are using that rule at QB, then how can they drop their rookie QB and add Roethlisberger? Wouldn't that violate the rule? It seems to me they might want RB & WR maxed out until it's their QB's bye week, if not permanently, rather than drop a valuable RB/WR to add a backup QB. After all, Cam is still a FA so....

19. Alex13

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    no its a violation, but the one guy has bishop sankey as well to go along with Blake Bortles and the other has brandin cooks to go along with freakin david carr.....but like it is in fantasy.....i´m changing my mind every 10 minutes right now, right now i´m very close to doing this, get rid of ben and pick up hill

20. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Just trying to make myself feel better about him as Ive had doubts :lol:

ToddPhin likes this.
  21. Alex13

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    ahhhhh, i´m so torn.....neeeeeed help, would you cut Ben for Hill in my situation.....**** i hate fantasy football...season hasn´t even started yet...lol

22. Alex13

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    i have another scenario, what about Bernard Pierce the 1st 2 Weeks in Ray Rice´s Role ?

23. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    You stated you only use one HB generally so Im not sure why you're so torn. If you really like Rice you are pretty much set because you have a strong backup in Matthews and a starter in Rice. If you plan to just play matchups every week I guess it gets tougher but yes I'd cut Tate for Hill. '

Alex13 likes this.
  24. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Mainly because I consider the Browns a 3-4 win team who will be playing from behind and not running. The Bengals always score points and will run the ball more often with the lead.

25. Alex13

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    no sorry i meant big ben for hill, go with only 1 QB for now, although first 2 weeks are brutal for rivers with games @Arizona just to come home and play the seahawks

26. Alex13

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    if rice comes back, he will be the clear cut starter, if moreno doesn´t shine at some point, which i somehow expect though, but this would be a nice problem to have

27. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I was going to actually suggest cutting Moreno for Hill.

Moreno will see some catches but I don't think more than 2-3 a week as he splits time and we have so many other WR options. Hill probably doesn't get as many receptions but I see far more yardage and TD's available to him.

It all depends on what role you think Moreno will have though. Hill is a rookie after all so its a risk.

28. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    not necessarily, and therein lies the rub, as some believe Pierce is a better fit for that system, and he does have a 2 game audition to make a case for himself. It is within the realm of possibility that Rice becomes no more than one half of a RBBC. Let's also not forget that Pierce was a 3rd rounder who looked great as a rookie in 2012, and at 6'0 230 he has the size that Kubiak's system seems to prefer, as well as his one-cut run ability.

29. Alex13

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    i meant a clear cut starter in terms of my lineup, i just need around 10 points from the position, that should be possible

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

ToddPhin likes this.
  30. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Not to mention that while he is young, he's a small guy who's had a TON of touches in his career counting receptions. Plus he's had two seasons in a row where is production declined and was god awful last year.

ToddPhin likes this.
  31. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Running is about riding the hot hand, or at least it should be; therefore if Moreno establishes himself as the most productive and most reliable back in Miami, then there shouldn't be reason to give away snaps that he's perfectly capable of handling himself. How many did Ball get last year when everyone assumed it would be a RBBC? I just don't envision Lazor giving them away just to do so. I can see Lazor rotating in one back to keep the other fresh or if it plays to that back's particular strength, but I think unless Miller & Moreno are at an indistinguishable tie, the one who emerges as the leader will probably receive the bulk of the work- maybe not a Jamaal Charles, AP, or McCoy type load but enough to potentially be a solid RB2 or borderline RB1 like Ryan Matthews was last year, that is- if our offense and blocking are up to snuff.

right, and with all the unknowns surrounding these backs, including Moreno and Rice, that's why I thought it might me wise to load up and increase the odds to get it right.

32. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    I would absolutely do the following:
    Grab newton or rg3 for Ben. Either one is a better starting qb option IMO for FF and Cam has been a safe FF player for a few years now.
    Dump Moreno for Tate.

Wouldn't think twice about either move.

33. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Obviously you missed the post that said TATE IS GONE!!! Man you don't pay attention. :pity:

But yes, on the rest of his post.

34. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Then take hill. Or take a chance on a player with more upside like a cj spiller (who I think will be far more productive then any other bills back) or Terrence Williams (should hit 1000/7 td relatively easily as a starter) rueben randle (800/10td very possible since he's nygs red zone threat) etc. any of them should be more productive then Moreno.