1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What!!.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, Nov 3, 2014.

1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Thought and put on the forum that we would win our next three after the packers, and I felt that because of the way we played the packers, and the mindset of the team during the week after that tough loss, imo, we won that game on the field, just got unlucky with the bounce, and the biggest monkey wrench ever into a rhythm sequence of defense that I've seen, but I could tell we felt like we were the better team.

The matchup was right against the bears, their receivers were overrated and our corners were underrated..we now see the truth about our corners especially Grimes, sure hope I don't have to debate anymore folks abut his contract worth or have to keep reiterating he's not on the decline..he's explosive period.

The jags are the jags.

The chargers we had in the bank because Rivers doesn't scare me, say what you want, everyone loves him, but not I, he's solid, just not elite, move him off his pretty platform, disrupt his follow thru even a smidgen, and that arm is weak..

Ryan Tannehill..The raider game was big for him, I thought he needed the callout, and it came, I agreed with the coaches tactics, and I saw something in the game that was different..

first three games of the season, ryan has 18 yards rushing, since then about 250..its not a coincidence imo, his running opens a defense up so he can cut them with his arm..its not about one or the other, its about not forgetting what got us here, and noone can deny the legs have helped..Just please don't lose sight of it..and don't get discouraged by the fumble, he does two of those runs per game, and he will be the best version of himself.

man he was good throwing on the run today, the bootlegs, to both sides thank goodness, throwing on the run is mos deft..Like to see these designed rollouts continue to both sides 2 to 4 times a game.

Misi and Jenkins play with each other very well.:wink2:

seriously, Misi and Jenkins I'm good with for the future..i really don't think we have to look at the draft..I understand there are some good prospects, but Misi is a fit for the middle, its perfect for him, and he's still young, strong, and fast..lets look elsewhere if he's heathy at the en of the year.

What!! Grimes is the man...might very well be all pro this year..just as good as last year..spare me the stats.

Reshad Jones..yoked..jacked..boss..whatever term you wanna use, that dude is a bad *** right now.

Kraken and Ov..neck and neck with Ware and Miller..

I'm afraid dion jordan is useless in a three point stance..time to visit jenny craig and put him at a stand up position and let him be the freestyler.

wow..how bout those miami dolphin owner and coaches being progressive and unprecedented in bringin former dolphin greats to mentor our players, no team has had a scenario like Dan working with Ryan..that is pretty freakin cool, and personally I can't wait til we get Dannys old *** on the practice field having some fun..

I swear to god, I thought i saw some mannerisms in ryan today that was all dan..Like after Dan use to score and scowl on the sideline like ''don't fu**in congratulate me on sh__ just let me have a towel to wipe my face and gtfo of the way.''...remember that sideline demeanor.?

lol, thats just the craziest narrative that everyone will be talking about 2maro..and very much a really cool story.

Dan the man...embrace his essence y'all...don't overthink it..

Ryan has three weaknesses that he needed to get better at...feel...touch...sixth sense in the pocket....Those three things Dan had in spades..No worries man..Hes our resource, Ryan wanted him in the room, our head coaches ego wasn't to big to not allow it, and I respect him more because of that.

We cannot afford to lose lamar miller..just can't, he's running thru smoke full speed, and were in the playoff hunt..

Juice baby...I had his teammate at LSU rated above him, but SHeeeet if I'm not in love with the kid..turns upfield really really fast..almost Sammy like.

Detroit next week..we fear nobody..Credo..Detroit..what!!

It will be important to move ryan early in that game, but Im thinking Lazor is getting it.

2. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Thank god Lazor is getting it....cuz my ears are starting to bleed when you yell about him needing to run more....(that was said with much love by the way).

WOOOT! I totally just had that image of Dan scowling after throwing a lazor and scoring a TD. Just gimme the damn towel and pay the **** attention!

Trying not to get to high on 17, as he has to keep it up. If he has a rough game in Detroit, people will be yelling how we need to get another QB again.....its gonna happen hes still young, hes gonna have a bad game every now and then. Just keep being patient with him, cuz those games will be every now and then...not every other game.

More then anything....

The NFL is a game of matchups. We could be blistering every team in the league, then loose a game to a low win team who just matches up really well.

Detroit worries me because of the DLine. We just dont have an Oline that can negate that. One great thing is Lamar Miller is fasssssst....so he can run on the perimeter.

Also, dont sleep on Damien Williams. Watch his runs yesterday...I think if he got the carries he could be even better then Lamar.

evz, thisperishedmin and Da 'Fins like this.
  3. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    I like Damien Williams too. Think he could be a great weapon given a few more games.

77FinFan and thisperishedmin like this.
  4. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    One thing I'd like to see that doesn't seem to be part of the offense but could be effective this week is running stretch plays off tackle for Miller. See if we can set up some middle screens to offset the pass rush. I think an end around to Wallace could help negate pressure if timed correctly.

5. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    PFF has Wake the best 4-3 DE and Vernon is 4th best.

We have a special D-Line, y'all!

6. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, knew what would happen once we went up over 21 pts, utter carnage

Think Satele is playing at a high level and we are lucky Fairley is out

Think Sturgis should be replaced ASAP 2 missed kicks can cost a playoff slot, I do not trust him

THill. when he is right, he is really right, suspect with him it boils down to him playing with attitude, more then anything that is why having him run helps him as it puts his head in the game. Knowing Marino, you know he talks mad ish to THill about being able to run the ball Danny blew out a knee and never could run

7. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

I think with 17...he plays completely different when he is just "PLAYING"...and not over thinking. When he is over thinking, hes late delivering the ball, he hesitates and makes bad decisions. But hes MUCH more comfortable in this system now. Lazor is much MUCH more comfortable in calling a game for 17.

I think that is something really Ive learned is a much bigger part of the modern NFL game. To be successful, unless your a veteran who can pretty much be his own OC, the synergy between an OC and a QB is crucial. Lazor and Tannehill are connecting, they are wired into each other. That takes time. But damn Im loving our future with the two of them.

8. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Norfolk VA

I got a chuckle out of this because it's true, i had almost forgotten about that with Dan!

9. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I think more than anything, he plays well as long as the OL gives him satisfactory time to read the field and throw. His problems (Buffalo, Jacksonville) have come from defenders in the backfield as soon as the ball is snapped. He's not good at getting away from that and making a throw.

10. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    For curiosity's sake, I have to know, who are #'s 2 and 3? I'd put $ down on DeMarcus Ware...Carlos Dunlap maybe?

11. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Hopefully one of our guys who have access can fill us in. I got Wake and Vernon's rankings from Omar.

12. Fin4Ever

Fin4Ever Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    Probably DaMarcus Ware and Von Miller but I like Cam and OV better, especially when you figure in our guys have probably played less snaps.

13. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

OV is still younger than many draft choices .... loved the pick when we made it , great value .

14. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

JPP and Michael Bennet 2nd and 3rd.

77FinFan likes this.
  15. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    was waiting for that DJ, good stuff....i´m ready for detroit...huge challenge on both sides of the field....but i want to see it, we don´t have to fear anybody...this is what winning makes out of me, i can´t wait for the next game, coming up we will have 2 games in 11 days, Megatron will be back for the Lions, so will be Reggie Bush, Fairley is out....bring it on

BOOOM
    [video=youtu;tEBUsLsdv7c]http://youtu.be/tEBUsLsdv7c[/video]

16. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Part of it is Tannahill is really taking command. On one series you could hear him telling Brandon Albert "come on BA get down let's go". He's acting like he has command.

ElNino likes this.
  17. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Norfolk VA
    Yup saw alot of that during the game. "Hurry up! Hurry Up!!!" I think to Hartline. He really looked like a field general, more so than i've ever seen him....and like alot of us, I watch every game.

mbsinmisc likes this.
  18. finwin

finwin Active Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Jamestown, NC
    We got lucky with the Tannehill fumble and recovery. His yardage output wouldn't be worth the T/O in a close game. He needs to continue to slide, and he didn't on that one and they got a good hit to the ball. They'll be coming after that ball more and more.

77FinFan likes this.
  19. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    #2 is Jean Pierre-Paul, NYG
    #3 is Michael Bennett, SEA

DeMarcus Ware is 15th, Miller is ranked as an OLB and is 1st by a huge margin

20. RoninFin4

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Wow, would not have guessed JPP. After Dunlap I was going to guess Cliff Avril. Right team, wrong guy.

21. RoninFin4

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Makes sense re: Miller.

22. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    Always been an OV fan... the guy is not the most athletic but he is a football player. Same can be said for Landry, may not have ideal speed but the guy is a football player. Wish I could say the same for D Jordan but I just don't see it.

77FinFan likes this.
  23. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    The Dolphins would be crazy not to address inside linebacker. The defense is night and day with him in and out of there BUT he is never healthy. We need a franchise type MLB that we can depend on to play 16 games and Misi is not that guy.

24. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Yeah I'm not willing to chalk him up as injury prone, let it play out, if he finishes the season healthy, then I don't go in to the offseason having inside linebacker as a priority..misi has flashed too much, still young player.

25. 77FinFan

77FinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
    Gotta love guys that are just ballers. Love the game and love to play. Heart, heart, heart.