Whats more important for this offense moving forward? Bruiser 'back or big wideout?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Colmax, Dec 26, 2014.

What position will benefit this offense more?

1. Bruiser 'back

28.8%
  2. Big wideout

71.2%
  1. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    I think I'd rather have the big bruising back. I think our receiving corps need improvement, but I can't help but think of Moreno vs. New England in week 1. Imagine a 2002 Ricky on this team.... Yikes.

RoninFin4 likes this.
  2. 77FinFan

77FinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
    Ok, yeah, for a Ricky I'd go big.

3. speed

speed Banned

Oct 14, 2014
    But is there one of those in this draft?

Draft experts?

4. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    i wouldn't say there is a megatron presence but there are multiple prospects with #1 ability,maybe not a Dez Bryant but a little notch below..perfect to fit our #2 role.

5. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I'm glad that OL wasn't an option. Obviously everybody wants a great OL, but that's rarely something that's achieved by just throwing high draft picks at it it. Great OLs most often seem to come from learning to play together rather than just talent. You need talent, but that cohesiveness is arguably even a bigger factor. With skill positions talent is the far bigger factor. If we had a great RB suddenly our lineman would start making probowls b/c that RB would make their jobs so much easier. IMO RB would have the single biggest effect on the rest of the team (after QB).

RevRick likes this.
  6. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    The two best receivers in this coming draft is just as good as Watkins/Beckham/Evans. Cooper and White will make their new teams very happy.

speed likes this.
  7. Maple Phin

Maple Phin New Member

Aug 28, 2014
    A couple big WRs that I want the Dolphins to consider are Jaelen Strong and Dorial Green-Beckham and I think they'll add more to the offense then a RB at this point, if you want RT to keep progressing you have to give him some more weapons. I think we can nab Todd Gurley in the second round.

8. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    Dorial Green-Beckham is going to have a tough time getting drafted with his off field stuff. Especially after Ray Rice.

9. Maple Phin

Maple Phin New Member

Aug 28, 2014
    He's got time to prepare and interview well. He could be good value if he drops like other character issue guys in the past.

10. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    There is no interviewing past this. He's going to be off a lot of teams draft boards completely. Read up on CK's telling of it. It's absolutely brutal.

11. Limbo

Limbo Mad Stillz

Mar 21, 2013
    A stud RB would work wonders for Tannehill. If you go back and look at the QBs who are winning big, all of them had a sick running game to fall back on in their early years. It takes weight off the QB's shoulders and leaves them room for error.

Peyton: Faulk & Edge
    Brady: Dillon, run-first O
    Ben: Bus, run-first O
    Brees: LT
    Rivers: LT
    Eli: Tiki
    Flacco: Rice
    MRyan: Turner in his prime (1,800yds)
    Kaep: Gore
    Wilson: Lynch

Tannehill...Lamar Miller and Daniel Thomas. derp :tongue2:

Young QBs need to develop, obviously, and history here tells us that a great running back or simply heavy commitment to running the ball seems to pay big dividends down the road. Get Tannehill a workhorse and let him turn and hand it off to let that RB chew up some easy yards. In the past three years our offense gets laughably little 'easy' or 'free' yardage for the QB.

RevRick likes this.
  12. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

There are several very good big receivers.. Some better than others.

Green-Beckham, J Strong, K White, and much further down the list Mayle.

My two cents via iPhone.

speed likes this.