1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the next transaction you'd like to see?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Sethdaddy8, Jul 28, 2008.

Tags:

What transaction would you like to see next?

1. Sign Terry Glenn for the vet minimum.

22 vote(s)
    37.3%
  2. Sign LeCharles to a multi-year contract, making him our 2nd highest paid o-lineman.

12 vote(s)
    20.3%
  3. Trade both 09' 2nd rounders and that 2010 6th for Anquan.

25 vote(s)
    42.4%
  1. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    I would take Glenn because the Fins would get the best bang for the buck. Boldin has the most talent and production but we would be giving up way too much in terms of draft picks since we are rebuilding. As for LeCharles he is just too injury prone to give a big contract.

Glenn just makes the most sense.

2. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    True. He may be a good corner but then why doesn't Philly pay him? They have Sheldon Brown who isn't as good of a corner as Sheppard. Why doesn't Philly get rid of Brown instead of Sheppard?

Sheppard averages 12 total games a season and an average of 9 starts a season.

I agree that they need talent and depth there. I think Arizona could find a good corner with the second round pick that we would give them.

3. Striking

Striking Junior Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Aurora, Colorado
    Have to go with the first one because the rest make me sick to think about.

4. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    With more cap space i dont see why we dont go for Anquan OR Lito Sheppard since he isnt happy in philly. Id go for Anquan first though.

5. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

Vernon Carey getting a new contract...would be my vote!!

Larry Little likes this.
  6. Larry Little

Larry Little Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    That is true. Boldin is a very good WR.

However, when you're building a football team, I don't think you should start pursuing costly veterans until the foundation of your team is built. This team isn't there just yet. If we looked good on the offensive line and the defensive front, we were a game or two away from competing for home field advantage in the playoffs, and a scenario like the Boldin situation popped up, then yeah... I think the front office would be smart to pursue it.

We just aren't close to being in a position where we can afford to shop at Sacs 5th Avenue. We need to shop at Target until we have enough clean underwear to cover our a**es.

I just think giving up picks really sets back a rebuilding team, and you just never know what players are going to be available at the picks we'd have to give up. Remember... Boldin himself was a 2nd round pick. Think about that.

I'd rather keep the picks, and take my chances on selecting three players who could help build the foundation of the team. Giving up three draft picks and a fat contract (which would also be required) for one skill player just isn't smart when you're 1-15.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
    calphin likes this.
  7. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    wow, fifteen people actually want to trade BOTH our 2nd round picks, and the 6th rounder, a total of 3 picks, for a WR? As San Diego showed in 2006, you do not need a star WR to have a high powerd offense. Of course, we don't have LT and Gates, but we have a damn good duo in Ricky and Ronnie. Giving up both 2nd rounders may be steep IMO.

HULKFish and alen1 like this.
  8. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I agree. That's why I say a 2nd and a 6th. :wink2:

9. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    Okay alen, we'll cut you a deal.

Chad Pennington & a 4th round pick for a 2nd & 6th round pick. C'mon, its a steal. :lol:

10. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    I picked Glenn in the poll. I would have chosen Bentley but to make him the second highest paid offensive lineman on the team would be crazy.

11. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    That's very tempting. We do know that Pennington has the highest completion percentage of all time. I mean, who else can throw a screen more accurate than Noodle arm himself?!?!?

12. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    Nobody throws a 3yd curl route on 3rd and 7 quite like Mr.Pennington. But hey, he's a warrior and as a Jets fan I should respect that and root for him no matter what. Take out the fact he played on two torn ligaments last year (and that was only because he was scared of losing his job to Clemens, not to help the team because an unmobile Chad hurts the team).

HE'S A WARRIOR! Your team would be getting an absolute team player and solid citizen.

Blah, blah, blah.

13. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    That's true! I'll make you an offer. I (Mike Ditka) will give you (Jets fan blah blah balh) my whole draft for King Noodle Arm. Deal?

he'll never know we are ripping him off. Muhahahahahh

14. DennyCrane

DennyCrane New Member

Jun 12, 2008
    Good golly miss molly, some of you never learn. We have pissed picks away for years now on other teams broken down hacks and scrub QBs. Keep the picks and use next year's #1 on Michael Crabtree. Use the 2nds to take BPA. Glenn's knee is gone, so let someone else to pay him to sit on the PUP list, ditto for Bentley.

We are rebuilding, lets do it correctly for a change. Keep the hurt chumps right away from Miami.

15. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I'd love Anquan, but not for 2 second rounders. Maybe 1. Bring in Terry Glenn on the cheap and hope he has some gas left in the tank.

16. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Where's the none of the above option?

- I think Terry Glenn is pretty much done, I'm not really interested in bringing him in. If we're going after a FA WR the only real choice out there is Koren Robinson, and I'd prefer we stay away from him, too.

- I'd be open to LeCharles Bentley, but to pay him ahead of Vernon Carey would be a crime. He's a veteran coming off of a serious injury, I'd rather see a contract with a vet minimum contract, with escalators and clauses that can kick in if he regains Pro Bowl form.

- There's no denying Boldin is an elite receiver, but to give up three picks for him is ludicrous. I'd ship one of the seconds this year and maybe a late round pick next year for him, but not both second rounders, not with this team and the holes they need to fill.

alen1 likes this.
  17. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Again, we need to acquire players outside of the draft. Lucky said it best when he stated that you couldn't just "copy and paste" a roster together. At the WR spot, we are young. Looking at the eighty man roster, you will see that we have ten WR's. 5 are rookies and 5 haven't been in the league longer than 5 years. Boldin I believe is going into his fifth year but is proven. These guys on our roster are not.

I don't think we should trade what Seth said above but I do believe that we can get him for a 2nd a 6th.

18. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Spring, TX
    I want to trade a 2nd (and maybe a lower pick) for Roy Williams from detroit, but it isn't on the poll.

19. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Spring, TX
    No way AZ would let him go for that. He still has 3 years on his contract!

20. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Why not?

Sure he has three years left on his deal. If we were to make that deal, it would be next off-season, when the Cardinals are looking to shop him. His contract is up in 2010 so they would want to get something in return before he leaves.

There original asking price would be a first rounder and it would drop because no one is going to give up a first rounder on a WR. So the asking price would be likely a second. Throw in a sixth or fifth and you could have a deal.

mullingan likes this.
  21. Straz

Straz Me and my girl :)

Mar 23, 2008
    I want Anquain Boldin here very bad. He'd be the best WR on our roster hands down, and he's still young. I just really want to see him here.

22. mullingan

mullingan New Grandbaby Pic!!!

Nov 27, 2007
    Gainesboro, TN
    sounds feasable Alen1. I think Boldin is exactly what we need on the roster. This guy is a hard worker, no "outside problems", not creating a circus even though he is unhappy. He just shows up and produces. Would love him in a PHINS Uniform next year!!

alen1 likes this.
  23. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I agree. He would tremendously help our team in several ways. He would help Beck as he is a very good receiver with very good hands. It would help in the development of Beck or whomever the Quarterback is. It would help Ginn as he would have more opportunities to catch the ball and beat the defense downfield. Third, it would help our running game. Teams are likely to stack eight or nine in the box against our teams as we have two unproven Quarterbacks and a journeyman in McCown. It would help the RB's because it us get rid of the Safeties in the box and open up more holes to run through.

As for his character, I love it. Does his talking on the field and backs it up. I remember watching a clip of "Q" ,as they call him in AZ, on NFLN and he was talking smack to Panthers CB Ken Lucas. He was telling him how he couldn't handle Q and how he was going to dominate him. Of course, Lucas replies that he is playing with the big boys now and he's going to show Q how it is in this league. Well apparently Lucas wasn't familiar with Anquan (Q was a rookie at the time) and he got completely totaled by Boldin on a rushing play. Later in the game, Lucas would get burnt on a pass play for a touchdown.

Boldin clearly has confidence and you got to love that.

24. Crunkcore

Crunkcore The Crunk One

Jun 17, 2008
    I'd take the cheap option and sign Glenn.

25. DennyCrane

DennyCrane New Member

Jun 12, 2008

Two points- Boldin is never going to be traded for a 2nd and a 6th. AZ will not let him walk, that is just posturing to get a new deal

Secondly- Glenn may work as a tutor, talk of him being a starter is rubbish, IMO it is better to go the youth route. This year we will not even come close to the play-offs, I look to see real improvement across the team and will be disappointed if not there.

Youth is the way to go, the team will grow as the years go by.

26. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Not disrespecting you or your opinion but how do you know this? Do you know something we don't?

I agree that we need to go youth but you need veterans as well. We have enough receivers on this team who are young. Add some veteran depth. Also, I'll be surprised if Glenn was here more than a year or two.

27. Disnardo

Disnardo Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Hialeah, FL
    I don't see this FO spending draft picks when they are still a few years from competing...

I mean if they were one player away...maybe...but now???

28. DennyCrane

DennyCrane New Member

Jun 12, 2008
    AZ lost Bryant Johnson this year, they will not let their other star WR walk. This stuff goes on all the time. Lance Briggs the Bears LB was "never go to play for the Bears again", suddenly he is re-signed.

Veterans sure, if they are healthy, is Glenn? Jerry Jones for all his faults would not let a healthy Glenn walk.

29. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    You never know man. It's early and we don't know how Boldin will feel about the direction of their team at the time. I'll agree to disagree with you as this could go on forever.
    We'll see if he passes a physical.

30. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    i kinda would like to get brady quinn from cleveland but price tag would probably be to high

31. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    I would like to get terry glenn. In fact anyone want to bet me we get him?
    anyone at all?

32. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Nah, at this point we really need to see what Henne and Beck are both made of before we go trading for another unproven draftee.

IMO Boldin would be great, hes a top quality reciever that would pair well with Ginn, and let Wilford be his natural 3, coming in on goal line, short yardage situation.

Hes a known quantity which is also great. However, I see him resigning with the Cards, as has been pointed out, there can often be alot of bluster with little end result. Plus, Im sure he would not come cheap.

So having Glenn for a minimum price if he passes a physical would be nice. He could help Ginn a little as they are not dissimilar players, maybe take some pressure off him and Wilford etc.

33. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ

i'm telling you buddy, the asking price of young, hard working, all pros is off the chart. you dont see them traded hardly ever. i dont think AZ would even take our two 2's and a 4th. i was just trying to come up with an inviting scenario for people to have fun with. they have no reason to feel a need to "get rid" of anquan. he doesnt have to go anywhere, and he wont unless someone pony ups BIG TIME. you cant draft guys knowing they'll be ALL -Pros. He's an All-Pro. if it comes out that Arizona is accepting trade offers for him, several teams will line-up, probably with their 1 in hand. and if they dont pony up, they'll simply keep him. they're not gonna dump him for a 2nd and 6th, no shot in hades. they're just not desperate to move him. this has NO SIMILARITY to the JT situation and trade...and we're talking about a WAY hotter commodity.

34. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Lol, I'll agree to disagree with you.

35. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    noooooo.

Must.
    Join
    us.