1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what's this place like during a Dolphins game?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by RickyNeverInhaled, Mar 15, 2009.

1. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    Just wondering if there's a chat room during game time or a game thread?

2. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Theres definately a game thread. Chat room not sure about, might be a members only thing if they have it.

*edit* by member I mean paying subscriber, not general forum member ;)

3. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    what all can you do as a paid subscriber? i love going to a chat room during the game. i don't want to pay for one though. LOL. there's plenty of free ones. we can start one by ourselves and invite people to it if you're interested. i'm not too crazy about game threads b/c i don't like refreshing the page all the time.

4. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

there are game threads. they are nuts.

i've heard rumors of a chat but have never experienced it myself as i'm usually watching my dolphins game in a browser :shifty: and don't have a paid thing.. unless the club is it?

5. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    you haven't lived yet if you haven't experienced a live chat room during a dolphins game! it's better than putting on warm clothes right out of the dryer! LOL.

6. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Both..
    There's always a LONG and HEATED game thread out in the main forums. It usually starts an hour or so before kickoff and goes throughout the duration of the game.
    We also have a live chat. But I can't recall if its for Club Members only or not.
    To tell you the truth it's worth the small cost to go ahead and join the Club Level. It's 25 bucks for the year. Or (I think) 16 bucks for 6 months.
    I'll be honest; I'm not big on paying for services over the internet. But I went ahead and squeezed my pockets for the $25.00 and I don't regret it at all. There is also a way you can win a subscription - look in the "stickies" for the details.
    But if you're looking for good info and informed conversation the $25. is worth it, brother.

7. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles

yes, club does indeed have a live chat room that is usually up during the game. the admins try to get it running during other big events too (i.e. the draft) which is always fun, because you get immediate answers to all your questions from our draft guru's and thephins' best and brightest.

as far as other stuff you get access to, it's really great. the club guys aren't elitist or anything, but in there you get access to a lot of news and analysis before a lot of other people in the phins world do. there are occasionally some insider tips and things like that too. my subscription just ran out but I'm going to be renewing asap especially because of all the draft info that will be coming in the next month. I've only been lagging because I'm waiting for a hopeful job offer in the next week or so, at which point I can splurge.

That said, it's only like 24 bucks for the year, which is well worth it even if you're poor like me :lol::up:

edit: and even if you don't want to pay for club, the game day threads are great too. I usually keep those up too. always nice to be able to vent with everyone else when someone does something dumb.

8. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    We definitely have game threads :lol: they get pretty intense at times. Its not uncommon to see well over 1000 posts in them, filled with ranting/raving, negativity, followed by resounding positivity when the team does well... :lol: its quite the place, you'll enjoy it!

Plus on gamedays we have several great columnists on this site that contribute great articles about the game in the days leading up to the game, and some follow-ups afterwards.

you've picked the right dolphins site to register at that's for sure! Also, as everyone else has said, the club membership is well worth it's small fee! :up:

mullingan likes this.
  9. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    [​IMG]

TheAnswer385 likes this.
  10. 2socks

2socks Rebuilding Since 1973

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    we got this worked out:tongue2:

11. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

I'll add an endorsement to the Club, if you are a serious Fin Fan....game days get pretty intense...I'm never fast enough in the chat room to really say anything timely, but reading it as the game goes on is amazing. I've been a Club member since the breakoff from the other site and haven't been back there in 6 months now...

It's the only pay subscription I have on the internet and it's well worth the $24 bucks...This site puts other Dolphin sites to shame. In fact we even have some opposing fans in the Club...but it's a Phins site. The main forum is very good too, if you don't want to or can't join the Club. Most of the Club members traverse back and forth anyways, particularly some of our draft guru's and columnists...the mods do a great job of keeping the sites 'civil' as well...

If you're a Dolphin fan, do yourself a favor and hang around...

12. plc001

plc001 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Up until this past yr, GM sold more cars worldwide then any other manufacturer. But then... we all know GM produces utter crap.

I guess my point is: it's a matter of quality over sheer quantity.

13. Tiki

Tiki New Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Don't know of a chat room here, but Canephin, that I know from another board hosts a chat room that is fun and gets pretty lively. And while he doesn't let anyone go to nuts, at times it isn't a place for kids. The language does get adultish! But those of us who participate have a good time and don't get upset with it.

http://client11.addonchat.com/sc.php?id=336094

14. Dolphinsfan69

Dolphinsfan69 Member

Nov 26, 2007
    I want to subscribe but I honestly just don't have the $24 or whatever to spare. Poor college kid. I subscribe to another website but it was only $9 for a year.

15. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I wouldn't know. I'm too busy watching the game.

NJFINSFAN1 and njfinfan like this.
  16. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey

yeah, I'm the same way. can't pull myself away from the big screen!:lol:

MonstBlitz likes this.
  17. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Nothing against the folks who do game thread, but I just don't understand how anyone can completely focus on the game while posting. Maybe commercials? But that's usually when I'm pacing back and forth in my living room. I can barely stay sitting in my chair when watching the game, let alone hunched over typing.

Plus, I don't like leaving a paper trail for rival fans to mock. 2007 New England Patriots Superbowl viewing thread anyone?

I do, however; love talking with you all before or after the game. :up:

njfinfan likes this.
  18. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    Plenty of time between plays, play reviews and commercials to talk.

And yes The Club is the best damn thing out there. It says a lot when the vast majority of ThePhins.com membership is a Club member. There's far far far more posting there then in the mains. It's also held to a higher standard. We even have media spies in there (it's no coincidence when we talk about something for a couple days that's a bit out there and then surprise surprise there's an article on it).

njfinfan likes this.
  19. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    For me, that time is spoken for in one of the following ways:

1. Getting another beer
    2. Peeing out beer
    3. having a nervous breakdown if it's a close game

pennphinfan likes this.
  20. mnfinfan

mnfinfan Active Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    Grand Cayman and Minnesota
    One of my favourite places in the world. When we lived in So Cal we were members and went all the time.

Yes this site is like a zoo during games and the draft etc. Hard to keep up with the game threads sometimes lol!

21. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    not here.. other places maybe, but our mains are still quality.

njfinfan and late again like this.
  22. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Let me tell you somethin....

Our web family is great on every day of the week....but game days....next best thing to a tail gate. Club is more than any Phin fan can imagine....I can almost guarantee youll be spending time in there daily...365 days a year...and when you look at the price of a club membership...its beyond worth the small donation to keep ThePhins.Com the best sports site on the web.

The information you find here.....TRUST ME...is info you wont get anywhere else.

njfinfan likes this.
  23. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Theres ways around that.....

If you come up with an incredible thread...really put some thought and time into it....you might just win a membership.....!!!!

cnc66 likes this.
  24. bbqpitlover

bbqpitlover Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Maine
    Well I can tell you that usually the dolphin game is streamed online by a nameless person and where it is streamed there is a chat room. This site is usually full of members from this board and it's free you just need to hang in there for preseason to get a link.

25. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    you must be talking about instant messenger.

26. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    i know what you're talking about. i can usually find 4 or 5 links that show the game online. but i have no need for it b/c i have a 65" HDTV with the sunday ticket. i also get local channels for about 15 different states. lol. don't ask me how b/c its illegal. lol. anyway, in the forum i use to be in i always provided people with a link for an online dolphins stream just b/c i enjoyed people thanking me over and over! lol.

27. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    The game threads are all I need. I like them alot because i only get maybe 3-5 phins games on TV a year because im in new york and some people who are watching the game actually update us with what is happening faster than any gamecast/boxscore on the internet.

28. dolphinfn3454

dolphinfn3454 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 5, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    I dont know what this place is like during games because im always glued to my tv. But all I know is if you want Dolphin info asap you sign up for the club level. 24 dollars well spent and you wont regret it if you love Dolphin football!

late again likes this.
  29. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Naturally I'm just a little biased, but it's a fun place to be on gameday. Especially when we win. :lol: And certainly when we're blowing out the class of the division to the tune of 4 Wildcat TD's. :D The board collectively wets its pants. And that's a good time.

One thing I am proud of is that we've been able to provide a pretty stable community during events. Pages continue loading fast, site stays up, etc. That has always been our #1 goal and is something we continually strive towards.

We do have a chat room that, to this point, has been mainly for Club members only. The reason being, we simply didn't have the capacity to open it up to the public in its current state. That is something we're working towards for this year.

Anyway, the draft will be here before you know it. I don't know about you, but I typically stock up on Friday night and plan on staying in the house till Monday. :yes: We go on strong into Saturday night/Sunday morning. And even on Monday I dread going to work because we're signing UDFA's immediately thereafter and the news is fast and furious.

Good times. :)

cnc66 and alen1 like this.
  30. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    haven't you ever heard of calling in sick on monday?