1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's Up with Brown & Fasano's Tender Offers?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by PhinsFanWife, Jun 6, 2010.

1. No news at ALL on this, unless I missed it?? What's the story??

2. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    I've been wondering the same thing myself.

3. Deadline was five days ago, and we've not heard a thing about it... very strange...

4. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

The deadline from June 1 was that the team had to extend the tender offer or make a new "qualifying offer" if the original tender offer was at least 110% of the players' 2009 salary. In both Brown and Fasano's cases the original tender offer was more than 110% of their 2009 salary requiring no adjustment to the offer. The player has until July 22nd to accept offers from other clubs. If the offers are accepted, the rules regarding what compensation we would receive are still in effect (1st round pick for Brown and second round pick for Fasano). It seems unlikely that some team is waiting this long to make an offer and have to give up a pick as well. After that, the Fins can rescind the tender offer but either way, they will become exclusive rights FAs. Meaning they can only re-sign with us. If no contract is signed, they would be considered hold outs and have until the 10th week of the season to report or they would lose a year of eligibility and still be ERFAs to us.

I may be off a little on the dates but I'm pretty sure (too lazy to verify it). The bottom line is that they aren't going anywhere and likely both will sign their tenders before the deadline...

Duper85, LandShark13, Shoes and 13 others like this.
  5. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Thanks for clearing that up Larry, good job!

Larryfinfan likes this.
  6. PhinishLine

PhinishLine Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Maryland
    Roger? Is that you Roger?

Larryfinfan likes this.
  7. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

What the "too lazy" part ?? LOL...Never got that impression of Goody....LOL

8. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check