1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats your Favorite Theme Park/Rides?!?!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by SICK, Jun 22, 2008.

1. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    [​IMG]

Some of the greatest times in your lives, is when you are planning on/going on/at a vacation.....and most vacations (excluding cruises and beaches) involve one of the greatest things in the world....

THEME PARKS!!!!

Whats your all time favorite place? And not only do i want you to name your favorite Park, but excluding parks.....whats your favorite rides and why?!?!

Everyone loves roller coasters (most of us).....but if your like my dad....hes a disney nut, they dont have great thrill rides, but the FEEL of the place....the music, the costumes, the movies and memories make that park his all time favorite!!!! So let me hear yours Phin Fans.....gives us something to discuss during this dredful off season!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ILPhinFan88

ILPhinFan88 Premium Member Luxury Box

SICK likes this.
  3. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    I like the Mamba at Worlds of Fun. The first drop is over 200 feet, and it's got a 580 degree helix in it. It has a max speed of 75 mph.

[​IMG]

The Timber Wolf, also in Worlds of Fun, is a fun coaster too, although the ride is significantly harsher. It's one of the largest wooden roller coasters in the world.

[​IMG]

Outside of Worlds of Fun, my favorite Theme Park would probably be Universal Studios in Orlando Florida. I went about 10 years ago. Jaws, T2 3D, Twister, King Kong ... they were all fun and it was a great time. I wouldn't classify any of them as "rides" but more as "experiences."

DOLPHAN1 likes this.
  4. dolfan06

dolfan06 New Member

May 19, 2008
    Arkansas
    six flags magic mountain have the best. Xtreme and Goliath are fantastic. Viper is not too bad.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2008
    SICK likes this.
  5. Lt Dan

Lt Dan Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    Eglin AFB, Fl
    King's Island

THE BEAST!!

Zeke0123 likes this.
  6. DOLPHAN1

DOLPHAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

my wife and i rode the Mamba the second day it was open. at the top you could see all the way down town KC! the Timber Wolf was great when it was new. the thing just shakes you to death now. my favorites there are no longer there, the Orient Express and the Zambizie Zinger. i believe they were dismantled and shipped to South America or something.:pity:

Vengeful Odin likes this.
  7. Phinperor

Phinperor formerly In_Flames Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    Not a big fan of theme parks due to the fact that I can't stand large crowds and rollercoasters, but I do enjoy going to Bush Gardens Europe in Williamsburg, Va. once in awhile due to the various Country themes, especially Oktoberfest-Germany and Killarney-Ireland...(it also helps that it's not far from my house), but it does have great rides for the roller coaster enthusiasts here.

Rollercoasters:
    The Griffon
    Apollo's Chariot
    Alpengeist
    Big Bad Wolf
    Lochness Monster

We also have Paramount's Kings Dominion nearby, but that pretty much sucks...

8. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    The Zambizie Zinger was the first coaster I ever rode, and the Orient Express was the first coaster that took me through a loop ... I'll have a special place in my heart for both of them.

DOLPHAN1 likes this.
  9. Zeke0123

Zeke0123 message board ******* Club Member

Nov 22, 2007
    haha no ****...Im a theme park junkie and that thing is just insane.

10. SAVES

SAVES Season Ticket Holder

Jan 3, 2008
    Cedar Point in Sandusky Ohio. The Millennium force is one wild ride. The Raptor and Magnum XL are other favorites of mine, and you can't forget the Top Thrill Dragster! The place is just full of 300+ foot rides and other madness.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

SICK likes this.
  11. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Cedar Point is awesome!!! Its roller coaster heaven!!!!

12. DOLPHAN1

DOLPHAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

13. charlestonphan

charlestonphan Junior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    gotta give some love to Disney's thrill rides. the Tower of Terror at MGM is pretty cool, and the Rockin Roller Coaster is as well, but there newest coaster; Expedition Everest is the best thrill ride they have made. i love that coaster.

plus seeing my kids so happy, and the overall atmosphere and custimer service at Disney resort is awesome.

SICK likes this.
  14. JCowScot

JCowScot So funky the dead dance

Mar 22, 2008
    FLA USA
    As far as coasters, BG Tampa is one my faves- it's close and has prob. one of the best hanging coasters around (still), Montu.

[​IMG]

The new one, Sheikra, is pretty sweet as well.
    [​IMG]

Second for coasters is probably Six Flags in Georgia (outside ATL), simply b/c the number and overall quality of coasters there is pretty high. It would be rated higher, but I hate driving, and it's farther away than BG is. :sad: That said, it has my favorite coaster so far, Superman:Ultimate Flight. Here's why:

[​IMG]

Yes, you are 'flying' the entire time. An absolutely singular experience. I haven't had the chance yet to experience Goliath(tallest coaster in SE) there, as it wasn't yet finished the last time I went. Hope to do that in the next year.

However, by far my most fave. theme park(s) is: Disney. I know, it terrible to sell out to a mouse (still prefer the duck), but the magic is still there from when I was a little kid (even if the did screw w/ Figment:mad: ), and I can appreciate the food there now much more so than when I was a kid craving hamburgers and hot dogs...*still crave those turkey legs, though :yes: :drool: * It is as much an escape for me and my wife now as it was a journey into fantasy and imagination when I was a boy. *sigh*

Thankfully, being a FL resident, I go during the off-season(s) and skip the crowds and long lines, which severely detracts from the experience, no matter what theme park you go to. I remember one time, in the first couple years after 9/11, my friend and I went to MGM Studios in Feb. and rode ToT and RR back-to-back about 8 or so times w/ no wait. :eek: I had a hard time talking the next day.:up: It was great.

15. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    Ive only been to Floridian theme parks, but my favorite is Islands of Adventure, the Hulk and Dueling Dragons Ill ride a million times.

16. Firesole

Firesole Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
  17. PeaTearGriffin

PeaTearGriffin Season Ticket Holder

Dec 8, 2007
    I've been dying to go to cedar point

18. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    hershey park. straight up. not too expensive, rides are great, attractions for the whole family. plus it was only about a half hour ride from me when i lived in PA :up:

and you could get meat on a stick

[​IMG]

no, thats not me, but the deliciousness is similar to what i describe