1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When Does It Become Obvious?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Bpk, Jan 2, 2014.

1. 2socks

2socks Rebuilding Since 1973

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    Are you saying it would have been wise to purposefully blow up our offensive line? Because that's what would have happened had Ireland let Philbin have his way. Way to go Philbin!! You single handedly would have been responsible for the departure of our 2 best linemen; Long and Incognito. All the while ordering a "Code Red" on Martin. Yep....great HC we got

2. 2socks

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    That's easy ---The Career Offensive line Coach AKA Joe Philbin

3. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Yeah yeah whatever. Common sense says that fans don't know ish about running a profession football team but hey here we are, thousands of opinions and everyone swears theyre an expert.

I know know what it is. You just don't wanna reveal your methods. Don't be like that bro, crystal ball, Ms Cleo, what is it?

4. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Same source as you. Because, you know... you believe your opinion is the right one, and we're on the right track. So clearly you have some special ability to see the future too.

Are we done here now? Yup, I think so.

5. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Un****ingbelievable.

Hard to convince much? Or just a lawyer? Lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

6. 2socks

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    New word for the week.

Bpk likes this.
  7. ASOT

ASOT New Member

Mar 29, 2013
    Coral Gables, FL
    They haven't produced a winner in 5 years, which in NFL terms is an eternity.

8. mlb1399

mlb1399 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    I'm amazed that Ireland still has a job after the 2013 offseason. We had the worst production out of any NFL team with our draft picks, his "upgrades" at LB ranked at or near the bottom at their respective positions, he assembled the worst OL in Dolphins history and he ignored Philbin's wishes to get rid of Cogs who created one of the biggest distractions in the NFL this year.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised by anything with this franchise, Ross hasn't shown good leadership since day 1. He is public enemy #1.

ASOT likes this.
  9. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    The benefit of doubt you willingly give them year after year is nothing short of amazing. You continue to insist that fans know nothing while year after year the fans continue to basically be right. I suppose though if the fans just would have given Tony Sparano their blind loyalty we'd be competing for Super Bowls right now. He was definitely a great hire because Bill Parcells hired him and knows more about football than anybody here. So he couldn't have been a bad hire. That's not possible. The poor man only made it three and half years through his slow and steady approach. Jeff Ireland was also hired by Bill Parcells. So he's definitely a great GM who just needs a few more years to build that Super Bowl winner. Never mind that his slow and steady approach will take longer than most players' careers last. What did we just finish year six of the Ireland reign?

Bpk and ASOT like this.
  10. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Nice strawman.

11. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    The proof is that Ireland was responsible for bringing in these players..Brandon Marshall, Karlos Dansby, Reggie Bush, Vontae Davis, Kevin Burnett..and all we're let go when Philbin got here..if you read between the lines there are plenty of signs that Philbin wanted to go in a different direction from those players..

Ask yourself this, from a GM perspective, why would you let go of Marshall, Dansby, Reggie, Vontae, they were productive players from a personnel standpoint, and they were your guys to begin with.

Ireland is to blame for some things and has his issues, but imo, those departures are not on him, and if anything you have to include those players being aquired in his own evaluation..

12. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    What is painfully obviously and has been right in front of us the whole time: Its Not Philbin, Its not Ireland, its Ross!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

Bpk likes this.
  13. KB21

KB21 Almost Never Wrong Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    When you are not a good GM, you do things like this. Jeff Ireland is nowhere close to being a good GM. He's among the worst in pro sports at his job.

unifiedtheory likes this.