1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When will Sparano get it and start Ronnie?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by BuckeyeKing, Sep 15, 2008.

1. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Its quite evident that Ronnie Brown is just a flat out better runner than Ricky. Ricky is a ncie change of pace but my god Ronnie looked like last years Ronnie, making moves, pushing the pile, stiff arming, trucking over people. I hope Ronnie gets the start vs New England.

2. Eop05

Eop05 Junior Member Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    My guess is that Ronnie will be getting the start and more carries after the bye week because he's still only 10 months removed from the knee injury.

3. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    Soon I hope because he looked great in limited time today. If fans and media make enough noise about it I'm sure he will give the ball to Ronnie more.

4. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    I know in the Boxscore it doesn't look good but if you watched him run today you will know what I mean.

5. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    I don't know what the deal is with Ronnie but he couldn't seem to fall into Cameron or Sparano's good graces. He's obviously talented if not a big injury prone. Maybe he's a complete dbag or something. I dunno. However, dbag or not, we need to be putting the most talented players on the field who give us the best chance of winning, not the nicest guys.

6. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    He's very nice from all we've heard. Always in shape etc etc...

It's kind of bull**** to be honest.

7. SCall13

SCall13 ThePhins QB

NEITHER back is looking good right now. I can't see anything that can give anyone the right to say one back is looking better than the other. Neither can look good when defenses aren't respecting the passing game and doing everything to stuff the run.

This smells like yet another "I like Ronnie better because Ricky quit on us" thread. And as far as I remember, Ronnie DID start.

8. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    It doesn't matter one wit who "starts". It DOES matter how many reps..

first&goal and SCall13 like this.
  9. SCall13

SCall13 ThePhins QB

The thing that is frustrating about it to me is that they are both used sporadically, thus neither can get into a rhythm. When we started moving the ball well on the ground, they went to 3 consecutive passes. They need to make a decision that at least one of them will get at least 20 touches in a game and stick with that plan (as long as we don't fall behind 17-0 in the first qtr), and let the other guy spell him some. Then bring in the other guy more later because he will be fresh and pound them in to a tired defense. Of course, this would only make sense if we can manage to be ahead or at least in the game late.

10. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    For reference-

Brown- 11 for 25
    Williams- 11 for 28

What in the hell are you people talking about? Second guessing is fine, but how about you base it on something?

11. beemerdaddy

beemerdaddy 2008 AFC EAST CHAMPS

Mar 23, 2008
    ORLANDO FL
    i guess you dont get it as a team we are not running the ball good ricky was 11/28 yds ronnie 11/25 so how can you say that also ronnie droped a pass in the end zone im not saying he is bad because i think they are both great rb but as a team we need too have better run blocking

12. Dannyg28

Dannyg28 Say hi to the rings

Jan 4, 2008
    while the stats don't show it ronnie looked better than ricky imo, everytime he got the ball he was making people miss and churning his legs for extra yards. This is just my opinion though.

13. SCall13

SCall13 ThePhins QB

IMO, people see what they want to see. Ricky and Ronnie were equally ineffective. And I blame neither of them. It's our ineptitude in the passing game that allows defenses to stack the box. Ronnie did not "look" better than Ricky. That's ridiculous to say and completely untrue. We need to place the blame where it belongs: on the entire offense and the fact that we are falling behind too early, can't convert on third down, can't throw downfield, have receivers who can't get open - thus no respect from the defense for our passing game. So of course they are going to make stopping Ricky and Ronnie their focal point. I'd hate to be either one of them: knowing you are having to run through a wall of defenders just to make something out of nothing.

I'll also note that RW is much quicker to the edges than Ronnie. And Ronnie dropped a TD pass. Not knocking Ronnie just for the sake of doing so - just pointing out that Ronnie has/had his issues too. Neither running back can run if we don't get something going in the passing game. Our receivers are a disaster.

adamprez2003 and first&goal like this.
  14. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    I totally disagree. Sparano is a Parcells disciple, and as such will have as much disdain for the fans & media as possible, almost to the point that it may hurt the team. Sparano will not be bullied, and no matter what pressure he gets from fans or media will make him change his mind. I can already see this in his personality, and it may eventually lead to a "Saban Like" media relationship.

That is when it will really be ugly around here, and Parcells will only step in when it gets to the point where Sparano's pigheadedness really affects the team.

15. Phin-o-rama

Phin-o-rama Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2007
    you really think sparano doesn't "get it" ?

seriously?

o man i wish he could see this thread, so he could "get it" and start ronnie so we can win some games!!!