1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

where are the dolphins really gong?

Discussion in 'SoapBox - Rants forum' started by Aquafin, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Aquafin

Aquafin New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    the poor house
    There are some things I will never understand and that is how the practice squad works. What seems to be a recurring thyme with this front office and that is we seem to get rid of our better players so much sooner then we do with the bad players . I don't know much about Mcnutt and Bumphis but if they are good wrs and we let our rivials pick them off our practice squad we wont be successful at all this year.

Injuries can wreck hell with our team and we cant blame injuries on Ireland and Philbin. What I don't want to see is Miami having only one real good wr and two average at best types. Hartline is a average wr who may be good between the hashes but in the endzone he has been uninspiring .

if we had players really wrecking havoc they would stand out ,so other teams seem to be making moves while Miami seems to be letting players walk over to our divisional rivials so this wont be productive if we don't add another real good wr and a good tightend . People will say oh but we are improving , however with our schedule this year we better score more points and get Tannyhill some help .

to me tight ends Billy Bajema from the Ravens and Randy McMichael both are better blockers and would give us more talent and depth . two more wide receivers is needed if Bumphis and Mcnutt get picked off the practice squad . at qb we need to let Moore good and sign Vince Young who can sit behne Tannyhill and the other kid .

I know most people don't think our wr corp is bad but there is no way we will win if Hartline is the number 2 guy . Mike Wallace is a great wr but if we want to win I surely hope that we will bring n more wr's because average guys who don't scare opponents defenses wont get us to .500 let alone the playoffs .

many fans on other boards are not sure Ireland hasn't goofed up and neither 'm I . our running game isn't good as last years and letting Bush go was not cool . Miller seems ok but how good is he going to be ? Daniel Thomas is not a playmaker either so this year was starting to shape up but now many fans are concerned and that is what I think as well.

I was predicting 9 to 10 wins but I don't know if that is too high of expectations or not.

bottom line we need to sign more players and let our lessor guys go .

2. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Bumphis isn't even on our PS, and I don't know how anyone can say we should cut Moore for VY with a straight face.

Additionally, if we can't win with Hartline as the #2 WR, I'm not sure how anyone in our division is making the playoffs or getting to .500, because he's a better #2 than anyone in our division has (note: I'm not saying we will make the playoffs).

Paul 13, cuchulainn and BigDogsHunt like this.
  3. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Cleveland first.

4. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
  5. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    Before training camp I thought 10 wins was a realistic goal but after seeing how the OL and the running game are still a weakness of ours I think 8 eons is a more realistic expectation.

6. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    [​IMG]

Larry Little and invid like this.
  7. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    sorry, but i'm moving this to the rant forum... consider it a favor.

8. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    "eons" Now we're talking! :shifty:

I'll have to see the Oline in a real game or two for 4 qtrs before getting overly concerned. There was too much player swapping and evaluation plays to base a concrete opinion upon right now. Miller was still ripping off some 8+ yard runs against opponent starters with Cogs or Pouncey being down field and blocking on several of them. The weakness is LT and RG, but I think those positions will improve as the season progresses if we can stay healthy.

We should still be able to win 8 to 10 games this season.

Rocky Raccoon likes this.
  9. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    But this thread was going places...

10. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    Eons? How the **** did I type that??

I think the talent is there for the OL to be a good unit, they just need to put it together.

11. 72 Dolphins

72 Dolphins New Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Ok - this post was hillarious... tnx for that.

12. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
    The man, the myth, the legend.

SLJ.

13. 72 Dolphins

72 Dolphins New Member

Aug 5, 2013
    I can't stop laughing. You just sum'd it up in zero words. Thats a record.

Rocky Raccoon likes this.
  14. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    I don't see the issue with the receivers. Hartline was a 1000 yd receiver last year. He is not great in the red zone but he is good at moving the chains and that is important in the scheme of things. We picked up Wallace and he is surely an upgrade if he stays healthy and adds a red zone threat. But even comparing these two, Wallace scored 8 TDs and Hartline had only 1 TD, but Hartline led Wallace in every other statistic except in Long where Wallace had an 82 yard long and Hartline had an 80 yard long. The biggest difference in the two is the speed Wallace adds to the offense. Brandon Gibson adds another dimension to the offense and can be a good weapon and safety valve for Tannehill. I don't know, I just don't see the reasoning or the logic that we kept a lesser player in Hartline and let go better players in Bumphis, Tyms and McNutt?

Aquafin likes this.