1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where Does Leadership Come From?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by MaddMatt, Feb 2, 2010.

Tags:
  1. MaddMatt

MaddMatt New Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Miami
    I look at all the playoff teams and see vet leadership all over the place. This is a VERY important thing.

Then I look at our Phins, and see little. Henne is a leader, there is no doubt in my mind, and I believe Grove will be this year on the OL. At WR, lots of luck.

On D, there is no one. Crowder tries but, is VERY FAR from filling the need. Ferg was a help but, chances are, will be gone. JT is not in the position of years gone by, and always deferred to Zach,

No one in the secondary worth mentioning.

Talent is one thing. Leadership is another, although EXTREMELY important.

Who will fill that need on D?

2. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I thought Will Allen was a leader. Smith and Davis seemed to really look up to him. Jason Taylor has always been a leader IMO, which is why the D was so great when he and Zach were in their primes.

Rolando McClain, IMO, would be a great leader for years to come if he fell to us.

3. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Dont forget Long too on offense, and for that matter Ricky, the guy barring any set-back of the kron smoking is the ideal player you would want on your team.....

On defense if they sign JT back, him....Wilson even though he didn't play well back there this year, was a leader in that backfield....I remember the pre-season game against NO (I think) when Vontae had a 15 personal foul against him, Wilson went over to him, and grabbed his face mask and got in his face...other than that bro not sure...

4. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    You couldn't be more spot on about the importance of veteran leadership. Which leaves me wondering why so many on this board want Joey Porter gone. His leadership presence on the field and in the locker room will not be easily replaced, especially if we don't resign JT.

5. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    His mouth was the reason why he wasn't a good leader....a leader doesn't cry foul, when you don't get your way....a leader shows up, and takes back what is theirs.....

6. MaddMatt

MaddMatt New Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Miami
    Zach was Butch, JT was Sundance. LOL

7. MaddMatt

MaddMatt New Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Miami
    Think the leadership of Penny, Ronnie, Grove, Ferg, and W Allen did not matter in the last few games? I DO!!!!

8. phinagan

phinagan New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    I'd give Davis the nod at least in the d-backfield....

9. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    I thought the guys said JT was a leader to them.
    Didn't he talk to the offense to encourage them also this year?
    If I'm wrong ok, but if I'm right:tongue2:

10. TheAnswer385

TheAnswer385 Stay Low Run Free

Jan 7, 2008
    PA
    Wal-mart