1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where is the hope for this season going to come from?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by NyPhinfan, Oct 28, 2013.

1. NyPhinfan

NyPhinfan Season Ticket Holder

Dec 21, 2007
    Yesterday was a tough day for this franchise and the fan base. Calls into question so many aspects of this team.. These coaches... These players. It's way too early in this season for it to be so dire. Where is the hope going to come from? Who is going to step up? Which player? Which coach? For the first time in a very long time I do not have a lot of faith in these coaches and in these players.
    Is Sherman really going to change his philosophy? Can Philbin get these players inspired and playing at a higher level? Someone tell me what can we hang our hat on? We have no identity and I really can't see anyone on this team or coaching staff that is capable of carrying this club to where it needs to be.
    Someone convince me please....because yesterday really took the wind out of my sails and for the life of me...I don't see where the answer will come from.

Where?

2. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    don't get your knickers twisted up too tight, ladies. plenty of time to evolve & improve a young team. enjoy the season. got to admit it was a great first half!

mullingan likes this.
  3. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    They've played quite well at times and if they stop making dumb mistakes they're a pretty good team.

4. P h i N s A N i T y

P h i N s A N i T y My Porpoise in Life

Apr 19, 2012
    Treasure Coast, FL
    It was there 27 hours ago, up 17-3 on the pats...... Hope will come from winning Thursday night, getting to .500 and going from there. I've seen Some very good teams play Jeckel and Hyde early in the year before, nothing is there to indicate we can't play like we did in September in November and December.

We need a few simple solutions, not hope.

5. NyPhinfan

NyPhinfan Season Ticket Holder

Dec 21, 2007
    I get it. Some really enjoyable moments so far and some really really frustrating ones too. I think my biggest problem has been Sherman. I have never complained about any of our Off coords before and lord knows we have had some doozies. Just has no rhyme or reason to what he does at times. Too cute for my liking and over thinks things to the point of getting away from what is working. Very frustrating

P h i N s A N i T y likes this.
  6. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    A win Thursday will clear my heart and mind.

7. Limbo

Limbo Mad Stillz

Mar 21, 2013
    OLine looks better with McKinnie, run game has been improved, Jordan's snaps are due to increase (:glare:), Wallace is due to do something good, Tannehill-to-Clay looks to be clicking better, the two rookie corners have yet to really contribute, Wake will steadily get healthier, Sherman will finally get that he can't abandon the run after two egregious instances (right...?), and our remaining schedule is very favorable (5 division games) especially after this week's tough one.

8. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
    How about a blowout win for once?

Other than that, Ryan Tannehill.

9. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Me....Im just looking forward with giddiness at shoving some crow down some throats....

10. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Thursday win, regroup for the 2nd half of the season, go to Tampa and win...there's the hope.

mullingan likes this.
  11. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Sad to think about the fact that if we do lose this Thursday then we'll actually be in contention for a top 5 pick in next year's draft.

Not a top 3 pick though. I think Tampa, Jacksonville and Minnesota are firmly entrenched there. All three could use quarterbacks so that kind of takes Teddy Bridgewater out of the discussion, if anyone was inclined to put him into the discussion in the first place.