1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where should T.O. go? Three possible destinations

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by TheAnswer385, Mar 5, 2009.

Tags:
  1. TheAnswer385

TheAnswer385 Stay Low Run Free

Jan 7, 2008
    PA
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...g=whereshouldtogothreeposs&prov=tsn&type=lgns

FinsAreLife and GISH like this.
  2. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    He made it work because he had no choice. Bill didn't buy the groceries on that deal.

Ilyer isn't thinking it thru. Zero chance he's on our radar IMO. I don't think TO wants to play here either. Not just because of Bill, but Chad and his less-than-powerful arm.

I doubt he's on NYG's either.

3. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I'm pretty sure T.O. effectively burned the Bill Parcells bridge with his comments after Bill left.

Phinperor and opfinistic like this.
  4. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    Never happen here. I hope the Patriots grab him, then he and Moss can compete for stats and start a team chemistry meltdown.

muscle979, Phinperor, PMZQ and 3 others like this.
  5. Kucha

Kucha Season Ticket Holder

Dec 21, 2007
    None of those three teams will take him. Only teams like the Redskins (Snyder = Name Whore), and Cincinnati (imagine TO with Ocho Cinco!?) have dumb enough management to make something like that happen, IMO.

opfinistic likes this.
  6. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    You are wrong on all 3 accounts....

He will only sign with a team that is a contender. Also, a team rebuilding will not want him around because he will not be happy either not winning or with a QB who is just developing. So that narrows down the list to this:

AFC:
    Jets: Possible, but who will throw him the ball?
    NE: Willing to take a chance on bad locker room players. Moss-T.O. combo with Welker in the slot? Scary.
    Miami: No chance Parcells signs him
    Pitt: Not the type of person they want on their team.
    B'More: Needs receivers and it is possible since Ray tried to bring him there once before.
    Tenn: Possibly, but not likely.
    Indy: Can he be happy opposite Wayne and Manning in a pass happy offense? Yes. Do they want him around which is the total opposite of the quiet approach of the team? Doubtful.
    Denver: No chance
    SD: Very possible. Brash Rivers with brash T.O.

NFC:
    Philly: No way in hell.
    Giants: Would rather have Plax back and will probably wait on that to work itself out.
    Wash: Snyder is willing to spend the money and he doesn't care about personality. T.O. would love to play Dallas twice to "get them back".
    Chicago: No chance with a bad QB situation
    Minn: See above. No way TO will go and have Sage be his QB. Plus Childress already had his fill of him once...and that was enough.
    TB: They have to many QB's and TE's to afford another WR.
    Carolina: Very possible.
    Atlanta: No way they bring in T.O. with Ryan at QB. Perfect way to kill Ryan.
    GB: Possible, but not likely.
    Saints: Very possible. Solid QB that is needing a solid WR opposite Colston and Shockey.
    Seattle: No way after signing Whosyourmomma.
    Zona: No need.

So I would say it is either Saints, Carolina, Skins, SD, B'More or Tenn.

From that list I would narrow it down to the final 3 of Saints, Carolina, B'More. Only reason I am dropping out the Skins is because I don't know if they have any money left to throw at him. If they do, he goes there.

I think he would end up with one of those teams. Granted, B'more is in the same boat as ATL with Flaco at QB. However, Flaco has Clayton and Mason at WR. Not really any big play threat there. ATL has White. B'more has the attitude. Atl is trying to do things by the book and avoid the distractions.

skippysphins, gunn34 and Paul 13 like this.
  7. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
  8. Agua

Agua Reality: Try It!

Apr 28, 2008
    Oakland

9. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I'd rather retire....

10. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Going to Oakland is like retiring, only you get paid while you're there and you leave in shame.

11. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    Anywhere but here

12. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    If Snyder has the money, I can see him making a move for TO. If not, I could see Baltimore doing a 1-2 year deal.

Other than that, I dont see to many teams going after him.

13. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    I heard they are in dire need of wide receivers in the CFL.:yes::up:

14. Phinperor

Phinperor formerly In_Flames Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    I could see the Vikings, considering they lost out on Housh.

15. DOLFANMIKE

DOLFANMIKE FOOTBALL COACH 32 YEARS Luxury Box

Mar 22, 2008
    California
    I'd think Oakland is his next stop.

16. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    Anyone who thinks T.O. has a remote chance in hell of signing here at even a veteran minimum is rocking the gange severely hard.

opfinistic likes this.
  17. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    No way would I want him here. I think Balt might try him out. The owner tried to get him before.

18. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey
    Its not beyond reach to say he may not be playing in 2009

19. Tiki

Tiki New Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Los Angeles
    While I think it unlikely, I am not convinced that the time they spent in Dallas will be the main factor swaying this decision.

I feel that Bill's departure was more about Jones dictating to Bill then it was about being handed TO. Also Bill may not have felt the need for TO in Dallas as what is now needed in Miami. Bill's not going to make a move based on the sum total of his experience in Dallas.

Now if he had a decent relationship with TO, more importantly if Tony did or can, that will carry more weight.

There is no doubt we need the talent. But TO is also has to clearly understand that we are not at this time a long ball offense. He is going to have to get open in those mid routes and make something happen with his legs. Penny can deliver the ball on target and in stride.

As I said, don't think this is going to happen, but it would be interesting.

20. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    Kansas City, Scott Poli took a chance with Randy Moss, maybe he will take a chance with TO. 1-2 yr fix, just maybe??

Phinperor likes this.
  21. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    Would it make us better? Can Penny and the rest of the team handle his ego? Can anyone of our players keep him in check? Too many questions. I still say NO. The july cuts will produce a surprise or two. Be patient.

opfinistic likes this.
  22. Phinperor

Phinperor formerly In_Flames Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    Not a bad idea, one has to wonder though if he could mesh with Gonzo, Bowe and LJ in the locker room and Cassel on the field.

steveincolorado likes this.
  23. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    There is no way he comes here. Bill Parcells does not like him and Terrell Owns does not like Bill Parcells. Plus we want to get younger not older.

24. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan New Member

Nov 23, 2007
    i would love him for 1 or 2 years but when he starts talking send him packing

25. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I would stop watching the Phins if we brought in T.O.

Kanye West and opfinistic like this.
  26. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    I wouldn't go that far, but I understand how you feel.

27. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    T.O. will go to the Professinal Bowler League and boost it's ratings on ESPN2.

28. Cosmic

Cosmic Social Disease

Dec 10, 2007
    I honestly don't know why any sportswriter or fan on here or any message board would think Baltimore is a candidate for his services. He was traded to them once before and HE said "no way, I won't play there" and got the trade rescinded. That was how he wound up in Philly in the first place. I am surrounded by Ravens fans all day at work, and not one of them wants him here. The fanbase would go ape****, and not in a good way.

phinfanuk likes this.
  29. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Very true. He has left 3 teams on very ugly terms. Each time it was after a series of caustic and public diatribes against teammates and/or coaches. Someone may well give him another chance; but most I think won't.

30. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    Wouldnt be my first choice but based on his numbers its hard to deny him for the right price.

31. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    On the other hand, based on his track record as a disruptive force that will throw fellow players and coaches under the bus, no price is low enough.

32. steveincolorado

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    For a 1-2 yr deal, why not? He would know up front that KC is in the rebuilding mode and he really has only a year or two left anyway. He knows no team that has a chance to win will gamble on him, he's too much of a idiot, but he would sell jerseys in KC

33. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    If baltimore and ray lewis wont take em i dont know who will.

Could it be that he has burned his last bridge. wonder what that cats thinking about right now.

Ray lewis is the only person that canhandle this situation.

34. steveincolorado

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    Ray Lewis would eat TO's butthole out and spit it at TO:wink2:

35. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    exactly....he did lobby for TO a few years ago, its really the only scenario i can see..TO crawling back to rey rey sayin "iam sorry rey, pleeeeeease" i will be a good boy'.
    Rey loves the mental challenge, stong mo fo right there, plus rey knows hes got a small window to become champion again..so does T.O..i bet its T.O's first phone call

36. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

If the Redskins have money to throw at him it would be attractive to Owens he'd get to face both Philly and Dallas twice a year.

37. Agua

Agua Reality: Try It!

Apr 28, 2008
    Heh... I did that with Culpepper. Not because of his character, which was exemplary, but I had a pretty good idea what the outcome was going to be.

I think we've got a pretty good idea of what the outcome of TO on the Phins would be too - a slow motion grinding train wreck.

opfinistic likes this.
  38. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007

Also true. I wanna believe it would be different here but im just not convinced. At least untill it happened. Im not entirely sure i want to take that risk.

39. phinfanuk

phinfanuk Season Ticket Holder

Dec 19, 2007
    I dont think he ends up in Baltimore, Ray Lewis still wants to kill him over his snub when he chose to go play with McNabb after the Ravens traded for him.

40. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan New Member

Nov 23, 2007
    just because u dont like 1 player on the team doesnt mean u stop watching the whole team. to be honest i really hate ricky williams dont know why but i have never liked him but when he steps on that field i want him to do good.