1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which free agents should we keep?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finole, Jan 17, 2009.

Tags:

Who stays?

1. ILB Channing Crowder

17 vote(s)
    37.8%
  2. CB Andre Goodman

32 vote(s)
    71.1%
  3. OT Vernon Carey

35 vote(s)
    77.8%
  4. FS Renaldo Hill

7 vote(s)
    15.6%
  5. SS Yeremiah Bell

41 vote(s)
    91.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Finole

Finole Season Ticket Holder

Dec 5, 2007
    We've got five players who could potentially be unrestricted free agents this offseason. Which ones should we make it a priority to keep. And why?

IMPORTANT: You can vote for more than one player!

The Sun-Sentinel ran a poll similar to this but they didn't give you the option to vote for more than one player. I wouldn't bring all of these guys back but I am definitely interested in holding onto more than one of them.

2. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    Bell, Crowder & Carey.

Carey is a solid RT, Crowder can play Inside and Outside in the 34 (one of my favorite players ever to come out of college and of course he landed in Miami) and I've always been impressed with Bell, when healthy.

Goodman & Hill could be parted with easily.

3. Pauly

Pauly Season Ticket Holder

Nov 29, 2007
    I'd keep all of them. Not all of them are studs but they are proven commodities that we know can play the game. I'd rather keep a 'boring' player than splash out on a FA who could turn out to be another Wilfork.

4. Vampire Baby

Vampire Baby New Member

May 5, 2008
    On that list it is Bell and Goodman for me.

Carey is a good OL who had a down year but he is a RT. Would you put that type of money in front of him? Nope..... :lol:

5. DOLFANMIKE

DOLFANMIKE FOOTBALL COACH 32 YEARS Luxury Box

Mar 22, 2008
    California
    Bell, Carey, Goodman..... in that order.

I also think we should look at some CB's in FA...CB D. Robinson and the kid from Oakland

6. Colorado Dolfan

Colorado Dolfan ...dirty drownin' man?

Bell and Goodman would both be priorities for me.

I'd also keep Carey, but I think he's gonna get a really good payday this year and so he'll be off to someone that will overpay him.

I like both Crowder and Hill, but I feel we can fill those spots with comparable if not better talent for less money.

7. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Crowder has really done better this year under Pasqueloni than the last few, but I don't see him as a lock to stay by any stretch. Maybe he stays at a moderate price and we couple him with Bart Scott ?? How does that sound ?? Well, I can dream can't I ??
    Seriously, I don't see them breaking the bank for Crowder and that probably won't be enough to keep him...if he hooks up with a 4-3 D somewhere and stays healthy, he'd flourish...as long as he's not asked to be the man on that D...

Goodman, Carey and Bell I think they'll get them re-signed, but Carey might rock the boat...he probably (and he may have a point) wants LT money. Still, Long and Carey bookends sound pretty good...

Hill is iffy. He improves the current lineup beyond the shadow of a doubt, but if they pick up a CB and S in the offseason, he may not fit in for what he'll demand in FA....He's not great, but he's a notch or two below that and an asset for depth... The ideal situation would be to pick up another stud S and re-sign both Hill and Bell....That would upgrade the secondary immensely...

I would guess that the trio will be scouring every nook and cranny for DBs though, no matter what they do with the current group...

8. DeDolfan

DeDolfan Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Rehoboth Beach
    Voting for more than one may be better if we could vote for them in order of preference. With that said, i only voted for one which was Carey. IMO, he's the only one that's worth signing "at any cost", if you know what i mean. I think it can be done reasonably. Bell is my secong choice but could be higher if not for 2 things. one is his health. Yes, he palyed the whole season this year but it's been his only full one and yeas, he's "headed in the right direction" concerning that. the other is that he, like most of the other DBs, has four feet and no hands and thus get very few picks, IMO.
    While Crowder is decent, i think he goes elsewhere since he'll probably want more than he is worth. Goodman is OK but same problem as Bell with the 4 feet. Hill is run of the mill and ok at the right price.

9. DeDolfan

DeDolfan Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Rehoboth Beach
    Wilfork? I'd take him in a Mississippi second. If you're talking about Wilford, then I'll agree!! :tongue2: :hi5:

10. Ophinerated

Ophinerated Preposterous!

Apr 1, 2008
    Bell, Goodman, Carey

11. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

Bell & Crowder...Goodman? heck, I don't know.

12. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    If possible all but if any one has to go it should be Hill. Goodman was coming on strong to finish the year, Carey is a starter which for a team thin in the O-Line department is huge, Crowder is a glue for the defense, and Bell is a beast.

13. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Goodman was easily our best CB this year. Last half of the year he had a probowl season. We need to re-sign Bell as well. Channing doesnt get much love, but hes a player. He may want to much money, but if we can keep him we should. When he was out we really struggled. He can make tackles, blitz the QB and isnt heinous in coverage. hes not gonna pull a Ray Lewis or Brian Urlacher, but hes a solid presence in the middle, and paired with the right guy can be a very very good player for us.
    Carey's best attribute seems to be that if we let him go we will need to replace him. Down year for him really, which is odd since its a contract year. Not sure what to do with him. Hill can be let go imo unless he comes cheap.

14. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Bell's a must. Goodman, I hope we can re-sign to a short term deal because we're talking about a CB on the wrong side of 30 who has been inconsistent throughout the season and pretty much only broke out this season. Carey's a huge tackle that I hope we can re-sign affordably but for sure he could be replaceable with another big stout RT. Crowder's no playmaker but he's solid enough to warrant being re-signed. Still managed to notch 2nd most tackles despite injuries.

15. Pauly

Pauly Season Ticket Holder

Nov 29, 2007
    :blushing::oops:

16. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I think it's important to keep everyone on that list in some capacity except Hill. I think we can delegate some of his duties to Bell and bring up a young player, or sign a better veteran possibly to take over his duties.

17. baboo72

baboo72 Bleeding aqua & orange

Mar 23, 2008
    Watford, England
    Bell, Crowder & Goodman for me. Not sold on Carey yet and I'd help Hill pack

18. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Bell and Carey, I dont see Crowder coming back.