1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which one looks more ready to go today?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by smahtaz, Apr 6, 2011.

1. smahtaz

smahtaz Pimpin Ain't Easy

2. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Gabbert & Mooch are business partners, Ponder too. None of this year's QB's look ready to me, especially when you consider the current state of our offense.

3. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    I like Ponder a lot, but his affinity towards injuring his throwing arm genuinely scares me.

4. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I don't think any college QB is NFL ready. The most you can reasonably hope for is that you can hide him behind a great running game so that he isn't too much of a liability.

Ophinerated and ToddsPhins like this.
  5. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Yup. Despite how good Bradford looked 'as a rookie', if he were a veteran playing the same way, the Rams would be looking to replace him.

rafael likes this.
  6. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Been a die (cry) hard FSU fan since the Peter Tom Willis - Casey Weldon days. And IMO, Ponder isnt better than Ward, Weinke, or even Kanell. I love the athleticism, the fearlessness, some would say recklessness, but it takes more than that. With a few years to learn and a good supporting cast I think he can be a solid west coast QB, but not a guy who's going to be chucking it all over the field. I wish him the best, but I don't think he's a good fit in Miami.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  7. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Exactly. And I'm constantly amazed by how many people don't understand this this.

rafael likes this.
  8. Vendigo

Vendigo German Gigolo Club Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Well, was Ben Roethlisberger ready to start? Matt Ryan? They certainly weren't elite, but I would say they were darn ready to start at that level. Did they have a good supporting cast? Sure. I just don't think it takes away from their ability to come in and win games as a rookie.

Now, do I think someone from this class is ready to pull a Ryan or Roethlisberger? No, I don't. But I wouldn't argue that no rookie is ever ready. And I didn't even mention Dan Marino ...

9. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    I'm just speculating but I think he's referring to them not being ready to actually carry a team if asked of them. A lot of young QBs can look good & win games when masked behind a talented team, good defense, and strong ground game, etc........ but when things fall apart or you need them to step up in a critical game, then they're more prone to being a liability than an asset. How many rookie, 2nd, or even 3rd year QBs have teams ridden to a SB victory?

10. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    I've been saying since the end of the regular season, Carson Palmer is ready

11. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    i just don't see us grabbing a QB is RD1, less Newton should he be there ....