1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which QB With A Realistic Chance To Start In 2012 Do You Want?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by AdamC13, Mar 11, 2012.

Who Do You Want Starting At QB In 2012

1. Peyton Manning

35 vote(s)
    53.0%
  2. Matt Flynn

17 vote(s)
    25.8%
  3. Matt Moore (draft QB to develop)

9 vote(s)
    13.6%
  4. Rookie (other than Luck, RG3...not realistic)

4 vote(s)
    6.1%
  5. Other Free Agent (Orton, Campbell, Henne :) )

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  1. AdamC13

AdamC13 Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    When Peyton Manning was first released and the forum lit up it seemed around 90% of fans wanted him to be signed and starting in 2012. Now that the initial buzz from the Manning frenzy has weaned a bit I wonder where the fan base stands.

Which QB with a "realistic" chance to be signed and starting do you want?

2. Sumlit

Sumlit Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Miami
    At this point, it's hardly a matter of "want" as much as it is a matter of what we can get when the dust settles. If we're really out of Peyton sweepstakes, how hard will we go for Flynn? Is he gonna shun us like Peyton will/might? Is Tannehill a top 8 pick?
    I hate our situation. What a mess.

I would have liked Griffin to begin with, btw.

3. Rouk

Rouk Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Hollywood, Florida
    I think if we really cant land a qb I pass on Tannehill at 8 draft all defense and play it out with Moore and if he sucks like most of us think he will you throw however many picks we need to move up to draft Barkley next year. If Moore has a great season then hey something worked out for us finally if not then o well.

pacadermng67 likes this.
  4. AdamC13

May 3, 2010
    As a fan it is always a matter of "want" since there is no power of decision making when it comes to actually signing/drafting players.

5. AdamC13

May 3, 2010
    You don't think it is a little early to be identifying Barkley as "the guy" since there is an entire season to play?

Cam Newton and RG3 are recent examples of why it is better to take it one year at a time imo.

6. Sumlit

Sumlit Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Miami
    Yeah, I guess. With the Dolphins though, whichever you "want" is the least likely to come.

7. AdamC13

May 3, 2010
    I am guessing that is true for fans of all teams...32 teams means there is a 1 in 32 chance of getting the players I want. Of course, context can cut those odds down or expand them.

I wanted Philbin to be hired out the realistic possibilities this year. If Miami signs Flynn I will think I am on a roll...:lol:

8. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    Cleo Lemon.

9. Sumlit

Sumlit Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Miami
    Haha, yeah i forgot about Philbin. He was my choice as well.

10. Rouk

Rouk Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Hollywood, Florida
    not really will there be new qb contenders that show up this year in college football of course however everyone knew luck was the guy going into this year just like Barkley

11. AdamC13

May 3, 2010
    I think you would be hard-pressed to find many people that think Barkley is the "slam-dunk" prospect that Luck is. And I do like Barkley, but I don't think he has solidified the #1 draft spot or QB coming out next year. He may, but too early to tell. If Barkley does then it almost certainly goes against your idea of Miami getting Barkley next year. Although Miami probably wouldn't make the playoffs with Moore as the starter imo, they will be good enough to put up 6-8 wins as a team. No way a team drafting in the 10-15 range has the ammunition to trade up to the #1 spot.

For Miami to base what they do this year on the possibilities for what "might" happen in the 2013 draft is just a horrendous strategy imo. I think it is safe to say Ross/Ireland/Philbin or any of the other coaches or players will not base anything they do this year on what might happen in the 2013 draft.

12. NCFin

NCFin New Member

Jan 24, 2012
    I say go with Flynn. He's a proven winner. The QB/Coach connection is a plus.

AdamC13 likes this.
  13. AdamC13

May 3, 2010
    :lol: The most intelligent first post I have ever read!

14. Starry31

Starry31 Phins and Heels.

Dec 8, 2009
    North Carolina
    First choice is Manning, but I just wonder if Philbin is high on Flynn and been able to persuade Ross. If Manning goes elsewhere and Philbin believes in Flynn then I will support the new coach/QB and that would be my second choice. Just seems like if Manning doesn't come here then we'll get Flynn and won't need to think of a third option. I haven't seen a ton of Tannehill so mind could change, but as a third option I'd build the team up around Moore and see how he progresses.

Barring injury I think USC plays in a BCS Bowl and Barkley is the top QB coming out, and I don't think that's a bold prediction or anything. As you said though, I don't think we'll be in any kind of position to draft him and planning that far ahead for the Draft is a bad strategy.

MAFishFan likes this.
  15. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Oh god.. Let me just say that i'm done if Tebow comes here, and it will also be hard to swallow Matt Flynn being the guy as well. I don't like Matt Flynn at all.....Yet it's starting to look like he's going to be the target... This is going to be awful if we get him. I thought we really screwed up not going after Robert Griffin...I would have parted the seas to get him.

16. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire
    flynn if jp being the oc in green bay thinks high of him go for it

17. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Agreed, if we think Philbin is a great talent evaluator and coach, go with the guy he knows best and fits the Offense our HC & OC want to run.

18. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    I remember a lot of people wanting Karlos Dansby and Brandon Marshall

Steve-Mo likes this.
  19. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    Manning is plan a and Flynn is plan b. I usually dont like plan b's but this case is an exception for me. I wish we had more than 2 NFL games on him but there's no denying that is brief play time has helped his stock, not hurt it.

20. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    1. Peyton Manning
    2. Brandon Weeden
    3. Matt Flynn
    4. Matt Moore

21. Hellion

Hellion Crash Club Member

Dec 4, 2007
    Here and there
    Why Weeden over Flynn? Just curious, do you feel Weeden has more upside? Will cost less? I know Flynn has only had two starts but hes been in the very system Philbin is installing for 4 years. Where as Weeden would need to learn the sytem read defenses and such things Flynn has been involved with for a few years now.. I would understand better if Weeden was younger or just head and shoulders better.

AdamC13 likes this.
  22. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Well there is no doubt in my mind Weeden would be a top 10 pick if he was 22 years old. Certainly better than Tannenhill. However at his age I wouldnt touch him until the second.

Hellion likes this.
  23. Steve-Mo

Steve-Mo 'Saban' Guy

Apr 14, 2010
    Western New York
    1. Peyton Manning
    2. Matt Moore

Either way, I'd like to see a guy brought in through the draft.