Who are your 5 most improved dolphins for 2024

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, May 12, 2024.

1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Love to see the growth in players based on their talent level and their work ethic, those two things combined allow players to reach their full potential. So based on those two things and the 2nd year in our offensive system I’ll list mine

5) Jalen Ramsey: finally in a system that will allow the obvious, something old dumb fart Fangio didn’t realize. We will now see the one of thee most talented all around football players and his talent be exploited on a football field. We were promised this by our new coach .

4) Robert Jones, I know he’s been working very hard this off-season losing weight and serious strength training so maybe it’s enough to hold off the mighty Driscoll. ( never watched the guy)

3) Devon Achane, hi level talent meets bigger stronger faster training, all with humility, I like to bet on those traits to improve.

2) Jalen Waddle, keep seeing this kid working with everyone and their mom, and working solo. The talent and speed are hi level, he’s working very hard all the time, this is the year he gives Hill a run as top producer.

1) Austin Jackson, First off lest we forgot how physically talented this man is, not sure I’ve seen a transformation this extreme, he’s got to be about 310 lbs of pure apex specimen. I see him becoming an elite right tackle this year and making Grier proud he took him when we did.

2. TheHighExhaulted

TheHighExhaulted Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    They need Jevon Holland to take the next step into stardom. He had one or two memorable plays last season.

3. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Yeah I hesitate a bit when it comes to players learning a new scheme ya know

4. OwesOwn614

OwesOwn614 Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2020
    Unless I'm misremembering things, he had several big plays on Black Friday alone. Of course, he got hurt along with Phillips in that game (a sign of things to come for us), but he showed up huge against the Jests, icluding one of the greatest Dolphins plays this century. Maybe he came back too soon.

Sceeto likes this.
  5. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008
    I said one or two memorable plays that I can remember. That's the obvious one of course. This guy should be taking three or four back to the house every season.

danmarino likes this.
  6. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008
    Eichenberg wasn't doing bad at guard before Williams got hurt either. He was just an absolute joke at center and I can't blame him. He is another guy that I see improving if he stays at that spot.

danmarino likes this.
  7. danmarino

danmarino Tua is H1M! Club Member

Sep 4, 2014
    I agree. For all of the criticism he receives he was doing OK before he had to move and everyone else was injured. The oline should function as one unit and that’s hard when you’re changing position and players every game. Hopefully they have better luck in the injury department this season. I’m expecting Armstead to miss some time, but one guy is a lot different than 4, which happened last year.

8. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Here is who I'm hoping is most improved, not who I believe will be:

1) Kader Kohou
    2) Cam Smith
    3) Austin Jackson
    4) Robert Jones
    5) Julian Hill

dolphin25 and djphinfan like this.
  9. Two Tacos

Two Tacos Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Jonnu Smith. I think he has a career year in this O. He is like Smyth only better.

Achane. I think he stays healthy and ascends to superstar status. It was only his health that stopped this last year. I was very happy after deep diving into his college games after the draft and his NFL performance blew me away. I always have unrealistic hopes, best case scenarios that are fair to high when it comes to Dolphin rookies. Achane's actual play blew my fantasy's away. That has never happened. Which of course means I have to have even higher hopes now. MVP as a running back anyone?

Cam Smith. This is mostly because doing anything will be better than the zero's he put up last year.

Aaron Brewer. Again, I think the O fit brigs a career year. The run scheme gets him out front more than most centers. I think he makes lines, circles, and even some arrows get drawn on replays during broadcasts.

Jason Sanders. Contract year with 4 years left. Contract year meaning no more contract if he doesn't play like the top level kicker that he hasn't in the recent past.

10. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    When I think of players that need to be the most improved for 2024, I don’t think of players who actually PERFORMED in 2023. I saw Austin Jackson on someone’s list which made me scratch my head. Jackson balled out last season. I saw Achane on someone’s list which made me scratch my head because he balled out, when he wasn’t injured.

Here are my list of 5 players that have to be the most improved for 2024.

Eichenburg. We need a beast of an OL and damn it, it’s time to show up Liam. You’ve had plenty of time. Hell, Jackson showed he can play like a beast.

Kohou. Fangio loved Darth Kader but last season too much was being asked of him in his scheme. We lost Howard, even though he had lost a step. Time to step up!

Sieler. While this may make some scratch their heads, this year he’s not playing along side Wilkins. He needs to be the leader on the DL

Long. The LB corps is going to be a question mark this season. Long has the talent but needs to step up to be that reliable LB we signed.

McDaniel. Yes, the head coach! McDaniel has made some calls the past two seasons that have made us hold our breath or cuss him out from going for it on 4th and not taking the points in a FG or calling plays such as that damned bubble screen on 3rd and long. Coach, you should know by now when and where.

11. Striking

Striking Junior Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Aurora, Colorado
    Good thread . A lot of guys I want to see improve have already been mentioned. Having guys like Brooks, Long and the rest of our LBs have career years would be monumental in making our defense thrive and flourish

12. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Austin Jackson was significantly better last year, but the bar was low after his first 3 seasons. You'd like to see him continue to get better, rather than digress.

13. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    I think Achane is a lock to improve and take another step.

Austin Jackson is becoming a star. People were counting this young man out on this forum because he didn't come in and dominate at his position right away. He was one of the youngest players in the draft I believe! At a position that takes a few years to really figure out.

Tua has not been mentioned, but I think he will ascend even more this year. I know that's not going to be a popular take with some on here, but I have the trolls on ignore.

Eichenberg is another one. Again, offensive line takes time, and experience. You have to get your butt kicked when you first get in the league in the trenches. That is a grown man position and Eichenberg is reaching manhood at this point. He's a vet now, he's bigger, stronger, battle tested...I think this year Eichenberg, Jackson, and Jones all become mauling bullies.

djphinfan likes this.
  14. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    A few of us actually wanted to draft Jackson and we’re happy when we did

He’s turning into a star like you said, took a bit :)

15. The_Dark_Knight

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    I would agree with that however, no one expected Jackson to come into camp buff as he was and playing as effectively as he did.

16. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008
    Don't forget, Jackson was 20 when he came into the league. It was going to take some time.

djphinfan likes this.
  17. The_Dark_Knight

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    I did forget about that. Jesus, he was just a kid! Well, they’re all kids compared to me :lol:

18. Springveldt

Springveldt Season Ticket Holder

Austin Jackson - he's not even 25 yet. He's actually only 15 months older than Verse and Latu who just got drafted. He's still growing into a mans body. He needs to keep progressing as his contract kicks in next season.

Kadar Kohou - we can't have the nickel CB being ranked in the bottom 7 of the entire NFL in coverage.

Julian Hill - I really liked the look of him last season, especially as a blocker when he would motion along the formation. I think he sticks around as TE3 and I really think there is something there with him.

Devon Achane - guys going to be a superstar. It won't be long before he's being recognised as the best back in the league.

Tua - he continues to improve, he has done so every offseason. I'm expecting a step up in play again.

dolphin25, djphinfan and danmarino like this.
  19. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    Who needs to be the 5 most improved?

1) Tua
    2) Smith
    3) Kohou
    4) Holland
    5) Eichenburg

20. The_Dark_Knight

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    Which Smith, Cam? If so, how can we even say that when he had zero playing time under Fangio’s unofficial no rookies philosophy?

If not Cam…sorry

21. ExplosionsInDaSky

Sep 13, 2011
    I think it's the fact that he's a high draft pick that has done nothing for us. It would be nice to have him come in and make a name for himself.

22. The_Dark_Knight

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    But my question concerning smith is did he not contribute because he wasn’t capable, or did he not contribute because he was permitted to?

I agree, he was our first round draft pick last season. He should be a day 1 starter but we didn’t see him at all. We do need to know…KNOW if he was worth the pick or dump him.

ExplosionsInDaSky likes this.
  23. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    Cam, because I said in the post WHO needs to be the most improved. If Cam does not improve we may be screwed on defense.

24. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    Exactly, we need that kid to become legit for us.

25. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    I cant imagine Cam showed up as a total stud in practices and DC just refused to play him. For the Dolphins defense to take a step forward we need Cam to become one of the most improved players.

I think the original post was who will be the most improved, I replied with who we NEED to be most improved. Sorry, for the confusion.

26. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    He's the lynch pin to the WHOLE defense. OK

danmarino likes this.
  27. ExplosionsInDaSky

Sep 13, 2011
    It's an important pick that you hope Grier didn't screw up. It was concerning to me that he didn't see the field at all last year. Maybe Fangio gets the blame for that, but even towards the end when we were decimated with injuries at the corner position, he still wasn't out there. I don't know if he had an injury or if he was just totally lost in the playbook. Either way, I agree with you. We absolutely need to know what we have with Cam Smith. I hope it wasn't a waste of a pick.

dolphin25 likes this.
  28. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    He was drafted in the 2nd and reports have Fangio just not liking him… for whatever reason. And when Fangio left, Cam was extremely excited. Cam looked really good in the preseason. Yes, it’s only preseason, but after the injuries, and who they fielded out there, you’d think there may be some validity to those reports and Fangio was just being stubborn.

29. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    It's cool you dont think DB's are important to a defense. A thin group would be even thinner if he does not pan out, but who needs quality defensive backs in the NFL passing league?

30. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Where did I say that? DB is important.

"...If Cam does not improve we may be screwed on defense." That's what you said. You're making out a guy who didn't even play last year to be the entire key to the defense.

danmarino likes this.
  31. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    exactly, could provide a really big hole in the defense.

32. Fishhead

Fishhead Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2016
    Not sure if Holland needs to be on this list. All he needs is a healthy, consistent secondary and I think you’ll see the difference maker he was in previous seasons. Last year he had to spend too much time covering for inadequate play from others in the backfield (cough, Kohou, cough). I would nominate any WR not named Hill or Waddle, or the entire TE group. Hopefully, the additions of Beckham and Smith will solve those concerns.

dolphin25 likes this.
  33. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    Or Tua.

I mean, sure he needs to improve on some things, (which NFL doesn’t have room for improvement ?) but needing to be “most” improved is far fetched and ridiculous. Tua was the NFL’s leading passer and an MVP candidate last season. He’s at the top, or close to it, in nearly all passing categories over the past 2 seasons. Is he supposed to be better than the NFL’s leading passer? Should he be expected to play QB, WR, Oline and defense while also being the HC? Maybe he can sell beer to fans in the stadium at commercial breaks? Lol

34. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    watched a podcast on how they questioned the scheme last year and never being able to cover the crossing pattern. Kohou got hung out to dry often.

35. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    you should of seen the players in san diego, talk about questioning everything lol

dolphin25 likes this.