1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who else is getting a sick feeling?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Phins_Fan_87, Jan 2, 2014.

1. smahtaz

smahtaz Pimpin Ain't Easy

I know for a fact that Clabo didn't attend any OL meeting in a strip club and wasn't fined a dime. Whether or not Incognito is a jerk is irrelevant. Ireland chose to keep him and it didn't turn out well. What is Philbin supposed to do? Ask for a team vote and exclude a player the GM has cleared from receiving votes. That's just silly.

2. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    That is exactly what Holmgren did. How do I know this? That is exactly what Holmgren said he did on the radio.

Philbin is the manager of the locker room. That is his job. The reason why Ross had to mention him so many times at the press conference is because he had to mention him so many times, because that is his job.

3. Fineas

Fineas Club Member Luxury Box

Jan 5, 2008
    You think that at the time he was thinking about Martin quitting the team and a several months long NFL investigation? I highly doubt it. If he was diligently covering his tracks it suggests that he knew it was a potential clusterF#$% of epic proportions, which would make the decision to do it in the first place particularly stupid.

4. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    I'm going to get killed for saying this but I personally think we are in much better shape with this coaching staff, than any other staff we have had since Jimmy Johnson left. I was front row during the Jets game on my computer calling Joe Philbin a gutless turd until my jaw hurt, and I get a pregnant woman type of nausea that overcomes me when I look at Mike Shermans stupid square head and coke bottle glasses. I know some of us are mad because Ross didn't go madman with an axe, but in all reality a three year term at building a winner is a fair amount of time in my opinion. This was year two, and we came one game away from making the playoffs. Obviously we choked in a dry heaving dramatic fashion on what appeared to be a small piece of Macaroni, but hey....We improved this year, and more importantly Ryan Tannehill improved this year. I guess i'm done with the sick, angry, outraged feeling and i'm ready for the offseason. Reality has set in with me at this point, so all I can do personally is hope for the best going into next season. The offseason has it's moments of suspense with free agency and the draft. I'm anxious to see if our rookie class can improve going in to next season, and I think Tannehill will continue to get better as a quarterback.
    I don't think we are all that far off from being a very good team, and like it or not this staff probably gets another year to make this work.

5. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Sam Madison agrees, said from the get, warmups, inside the building was dead, players had no hop in their step, said even during the game no one stepped up emotionally...

ExplosionsInDaSky likes this.
  6. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Well, if it does, at least we'll know something and can go from there. At this point, the media have us all believing that all Ross wants to do is shirk his owner's responsibilities and not make any changes.... That may not be the worst thing that could happen. I think much of the problem is the negative local media guys. They are the ones that need to be changed out....Kelly, Mando, Beasley, the whole lot have no concept of what their jobs are other than to stir up the fans...

Look, I can live with no changes in staff...But there are some things that have to change in order for this org. to progress. Right now, it's textbook dysfunctional if you believe any of the media crap that has been spewed about, which I just can't believe that Ross, Ireland, Philbin, etc are that stupid...

7. Phinatic74

Phinatic74 New Member

Oct 12, 2013
    When you say Ireland has built a talented team as opposed to a mediocre team, what do you in fact mean when you say that? Do you think maybe some of these players are really really skilled and just don't have the heart or maybe lacking in the right mentality? Who in your opinion would you say is really really good but was holding back in 2013 and will explode in 2014? When I hear this team has talent, I think we have several position players on either side of the ball that you classify or a rating website like PFF would categorize as a top 8 or even top 10 player? Is Mike Wallace a top 10 wideout? Is Lamar Miller a top 10 RB? is Rashard Jones a top 10 Safety? Is Ellerbe a top 10 LB? Now don't get me wrong we do have a few top 10 pieces. Cameron Wake, Soileau, and Brent Grimes definitely top 8 in their positions. No arguments there. Pouncey on offense is a top 8 C but seems to be regressing but it is what it is. The Miami has 4 or 5 top talent pieces, but they need to be surrounded with a good 2nd tier of players to improve. The idea is you can't have a pro bowl cornerback on one side and on the other side the cornerback has injury problems or the other starter is not in the top 15 at his position. That's what leads to mediocrity. That's ALL on Ireland. Nolan Carrol, Ellerbe, Brian Hartline as #2 WR, Chris Clemons, Will Davis, Jamar Taylor, Jimmy Wilson, Jelani Jenkins then on the offensive side, Nate Garner, Jon Jerry, Tyson Clabo, Dallas Thomas, Yeatman, Dion Sims, Marlon Moore, Daniel Thomas, Gillisie that is Buffalo Bill-like lack of talent. You have 4 or 5 pieces (and Cameron Wake isn't getting younger) and you are trusting Ireland to surround those stars with other stars or at the very least, top 15 type players. What gives you that confidence in Ireland? On a Side Note, my friend Lane Johnson was called the best rookie Tackle in the NFL. Everyone ripped me when I said we should have drafted Lane Johnson.

pumpdogs likes this.
  8. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    No, it's not the WORST thing that could happen. Aliens could destroy the planet, the sun could go nova, we could get hit by an asteroid, disco could become popular again.
    But it's nofreakingwhere near the BEST thing that could happen to this franchise.

bigbry likes this.
  9. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    Not me. I thought we should have drafted him.

Phinatic74 likes this.