1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHO makes a better COACH ?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by MIA4EVER-lives, Dec 15, 2007.

Tags:

Which coordinator makes a better HEAD COACH?

1. Defensive Coaches

17 vote(s)
    77.3%
  2. Offensive Coaches

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  1. MIA4EVER-lives

MIA4EVER-lives New Member

Nov 24, 2007
    A Defensive minded Coach are a Offensive minded Coach?

a couple of question to keep in mind.
    1.?Which coach makes the better and quickest transition to the other side of the Ball?

2.?Are offensive coach risk takers?

3.?Are defensive Coach to conservative?

your opinion here

Last edited: Dec 15, 2007
  2. Carabinieri44

Carabinieri44 New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    good question...

offense scores points, rarely does defense score points. but defense is what prevents or makes the other team score points.

cam cameron and nick saban are offensive minded coaches....so far we are 0-13 with Cam, and we went 4-12??? with Saban. Dave Wannstedt is a defensive minded coach, and we went 10-6 with him. i know lots of peeps here HATE Wannstedt because he IS terrible at drafting people, but lets face it...the last coach who took us to the playoffs and had a winning record with was......Dave Wannstedt.

for me, the coaching system id want is...

HC: Jimmy Johnson or Bill Cowher
    OC: Norv Turner
    DC: Dave Wannstedt

nothing spectacular, but nothing crappy either. and then keep Mueller because i like how he drafts...i just now, dont like the John Beck pick. but everyone else was a good pick.

Green Bay, Dallas, New England, Indianapolis.....are the top teams in the NFL, ALL have unstoppable offenses, and average defenses. so one would think its an offensive minded coach, but for us...seems like defensive minded works better.

3. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan New Member

Nov 23, 2007
    D-Coachs because the D keeps u in the game

4. dont fumble

dont fumble Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 4, 2007
    Germany

Nick Saban is a defensive minded coach, so are Dungy and Belichick. The *Pats won all their Superbowls with defense (and cheating), not with offense. The Colts finally won it once their defense came through. And Wannstedt did not lead this team to the playoffs because of superior coaching. I'm sure we would have done better with a more aggressive coach.
    I don't care about offense or defense, I want a good coach who knows what he is best at and who has enough character to admit that he may need help on the other side of the ball.

5. FanMarino

FanMarino Season Ticket Holder

Nov 24, 2007
    Ive got another question to add to that good question. Made me think. What was Don Shula? Offensive or defensive minded? Have to ask because he had best of both worlds in his time.

6. #1DoLfAnOKesh

#1DoLfAnOKesh New Member

Dec 13, 2007
    definitely defense...just look at cam and petrino compared to wade phillips

7. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    D-Fence

8. joker2thief

joker2thief New Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Along the Watchtower
    the coach with the more talented team
    that executes his game plan
    Belichick with Browns--hopeless
    Belichick with Pats --a genius and best coach in football.

9. Carabinieri44

Carabinieri44 New Member

Dec 1, 2007

u mean Belichick with Dolphins/49ers/Falcons--hopeless

the Browns arent a bad team.

10. namor

namor New Member

Nov 25, 2007
    He means back when he was coach of the Browns.:huh1:

11. NorFlaFin

NorFlaFin Active Member

Don Schula was a defensive minded coach.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Shula

12. Awsi Dooger

Awsi Dooger New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    I would rather have a defensive guy. Defensive coaches are more likely to understand the critical balance of each side of the ball. They run the ball more, which is absolutely vital unless you've got a freakish QB and WRs. Also they understand the need to stop the opponent from running at you at will.

When we had Wannstedt we always ran the ball often enough but with Cam you get the stupidity of 24 rushes per game on average, while allowing 35+. That's a blueprint for failure.

Somebody said NE, Indy, Green Bay and Dallas have average defenses. Sheesh. Check the most relevant numbers. I'd hate to see what a below average defense looks like, if those defenses are average. Just because those defenses may not resemble the '85 Bears doesn't make them average by '07 standards.