1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

who should be gone in 2010?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dolphins1Beatles, Dec 27, 2009.

1. NoCalFinFan

NoCalFinFan ALLLLRIGHT MIAMI!!!

Dec 27, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    The Gerbil is #1 on my list with Henning being #1a.

I also wouldn't shed a tear if Mr. Peazy finds some other team to whiff tackles on.

Fasano since he cost us a couple games and really has no impact over any the other TEs.

2. High Definition

High Definition No Smoke / No Drink 2011+

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    Nate Jones? He's a very solid nickel back, and he'll be the 4th CB next year. Can't fault him for getting beat by the likes of Andre Johnson and Randy Moss. That's on the coaches... along with the bulk of this team's problems. This coaching staff is horrendous. Seriously. A joke.

RJones13LAL likes this.
  3. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Nate Jones? Why? he has been great all season for the most part. Good role guy.

I don't really care who stays or who goes or who becomes a backup, but this team needs major upgrades at LB and S.

4. NoCalFinFan

Dec 27, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    WTF, over?

5. NoCalFinFan

Dec 27, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    If there is no cap in 2010, then the bonus is a moot point. You don't cut playmakers, and safety is a position that has longevity.

Otherwise Bell and Wilson both go. But replacing Bell with Wilson makes this team worse.

6. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    The Gerbil should be gone, no argument.
    Porter we could live without as long as we get a replacement in FA or the draft.
    Ayodele can stay as depth. Crowder and Torbor should be gone.
    They will probably wind up cutting Will Allen.
    On offense, Ginn will likely be gone...I know a lot of people here disagree, but I don't see the front office keeping him around.
    Camarillo may go as well if we bring in a couple good WRs in FA or the draft. I like him, but they won't cut Bess and obviously wouldn't get rid of Hartline.
    Henning should be gone. Maybe Pasqualoni too.

7. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    disagree vehemently

1) GinnJr is a bust, the third year is strike three. hope we can get something for him
    2) loaded w/ excellent OLB's, might get something for Porter
    3) maybe Reggie Torbor & Bell (will keep Wilson) because of age & money. Jason Allen will stick because of versatiliy & SpecialTeams
    4) wouldn't surprise me to see Ferguson retire

there will be a number of pieces that go missing & only the FrontOffice knows who & why

personally, I am especially pleased w/ Chad Henne, the Orca-5 (the Pod in general)
    we go nowhere w/o the Franchise QB & winning begins in the trenches

need the PlayMaker, a starting calibre NT to enter the rotation & an ILB

we will contend in 2010

8. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    Everybody who doesn't make the team at the end of training camp next summer.

Parcells reality. Get used to it.

9. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    I think Jason Allen would be better than Nate Jones. I'm probably alone in this opinion though. :lol:

I think the way Andre Johnson made him look today made me want to get rid of him.

10. High Definition

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    I'd be pretty pissed if Ginn goes for nothing, which is his value as of right now.

He's shown a lot of composure and improvement over the last 4-5 games as a receiver. And we know the threat he possesses down field, imagine if you bring in a guy that occupies multiple DB's on the opposite side of the field? He'd be an asset without a doubt. KEEP HIM. I'd rather let go of Camarillo. We have two (better versions of) Camarillo's and you can find two more in the later rounds or even after the draft with the draftees.

11. High Definition

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    Just get us a true #1 WR please. Ball hawk safety, couple of linebackers, and an NT to go with it. TE, too.

mroz likes this.
  12. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    There probably won't be a cap in 2010 - there's a minute chance a miracle CBA does get put in place. However, odds are that there's a cap in 2011 and I'd rather not give all that money to Yeremiah Bell and have to sacrifice cap space in 2011 because he's still on the roster. At the very least he needs to re-negotiate, but I still think that Wilson, if playing at SS, can do everything that Bell does; which is nothing spectacular by any means.

Stitches likes this.
  13. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    three years for a WR is strike three. forget about it.
    think both Jones & Jason will stick.
    the defensive backfield is established.
    it's just a matter of adjustments. no substitution for experience
    same can pretty well be said for the rest of the team
    maybe three holes to fill & some coaching up to do
    having said that
    the bottom will be churned & new talent acquired

after a disappointing loss is no time to make serious statements/accusations.
    this team is basically set & can beat anyone in the NFL on a good day.
    they will begin to emerge as the PowerHouse they potentially are in 2010.
    meanwhile, let's enjoy the process :yes: had some tremendous battles this year
    & made a lot of opponents unhappy.

14. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Did you see that beautiful 70 yard tripping penalty? That is easily one of the prettiest TD passes I have seen all year, and for that reason alone I feel like Ginn's speed is reason enough to give him another year.

Besides, if he goes somewhere else (namely New England) he will end up a 10 year pro bowler and we will never hear the end of it.

Merauder likes this.
  15. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    Agree on Wilson.

Henning does have a nknack for making some wierd calls but over all he has made chicken salad out of chicken ****.

Soliai? really? OK, stop it...:pity:

16. mroz

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    14M? that is like 14 per turnover... lol

17. Merauder

Merauder Perseverance

Dec 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    You do realize that for every year out of the 3 Ginn has had a new QB throwing him the ball? And one of them goes by the name of Cleo Lemon.

It takes time for people to get on the same page. It wasn't Ginn's fault that the ref decided to throw a BS flag on his 60+ yard touchdown catch where he burned two defenders. That would have been a gamebreaking play. Ginn isn't going anywhere, and all the whining will continue through next year. Deal with it.

gunn34 and RJones13LAL like this.
  18. NoCalFinFan

Dec 27, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    I beg to differ here. Bell has made key plays throughout his career. Bell has made plays that have changed the complexion of games. Bell can catch a tipped ball (didn't he have an int today and last week as well?).

While I agree that Bell started a bit slow this season, he has never been a liability. I can't say the same for the Gerbil. Even when Wilson is in position to make plays like today, he doesn't make them. On the other hand, Bell ALWAYS makes plays.

I just don't see how releasing Bell for Wilson would be anything other than a huge downgrade.

19. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    it is what it is. good night ladies.

late again likes this.
  20. PhiNomina

PhiNomina White-Collar Redneck

Dec 21, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    You have to have replacements to make it worth cutting guys - so unless we overhaul the WR position I don't see Ginn being gone (if you count the play that was called back he went for 6 rec, 142 yds and a score). He won't ever be a "true #1" but seems to be figuring the WR position a little.

Hopefully the FO will realize that two SS just doesn't work. I think Wilson is the better SS but his play at FS will probably be his ticket out of here.

Is there a realistic chance of Clemons taking over the FS position? He seemed to be out of position on a play or two today.

21. mroz

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area

:spam:

22. mroz

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area

to be honest they both suck

23. mroz

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    my goners for 2010?

1. Akin A
    2. Porter
    3. Either Bell or Wilson, dont need them both

24. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    1) Ginn. Sorry to all the Ginn Family here on the site, but dagummit...he plays scared. And, a few big plays over the course of a season ain't gonna change that fact. Trade him or cut him and move on. Draft or look to add a play maker WR in FA. I'd seriously pursue Vincent Jackson if I'm BP.

2) Wilson and/or Bell. Not sure which, but I'd lean toward Wilson, even though he's basically been playing out of position all season. Either way, this team needs a ball hawk FS.

3) Porter, Crowder and Ayodele (sp?). Man, is this LB crew mediocre, or what? To whoever noticed Cushing today, you are right as rain. THAT is a LB! Get 2-3 of him someway/somehow in the upcoming draft/FA. This team desperately needs that kind of talent/heart/intensity.

Above and beyond that, I would have to take a long hard look at both coordinators in the off season. Henning in particular. I just don't get why you pass on third and one...twice.

gunn34 likes this.
  25. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Yea, neither are great. Wilson is better than Bell, though. Well, IMO, at least.

Stitches likes this.
  26. finserg

finserg Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Linden,NJ

dam didnt know that we can use that money some place else

27. RoninFin4

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Bell leaves his share of plays on the field. Last year Andre Johnson ripped the ball away from Bell - that cost us the Houston game as that play was on 4th down. What TE has Bell been able to shut down this year? Yeah, he got an INT off a tipped pass today and can fill against the run - but I believe Wilson, as a SS for Oakland in 2008, led all safeties in the NFL in tackles closest to the line of scrimmage - I wil try and find a link to that article if I can - but; essentially, to me, he's the same as Bell if he were at SS - just younger and cheaper.

Stitches likes this.
  28. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

No reason to part with Ginn next season, let him compete with the others. And yes, his speed gives him the nod over Camarillo.

Bell probably, Wilson has looked good when asked to do things a normal SS should do...

Porter and Taylor to old to slow. Crowder will probably get one more season.

I'm actually worried about RB. Do you think we will tie up Ronnie? If not, we can't think Ricky is the guy, that all of the sudden becomes our most glaring hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

29. NoCalFinFan

Dec 27, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    So that one play last year is all you can cite? He got beat by the best WR the NFL. If that were Wilson, it would have been 6 right there. BTW - That play didn't cost us the game. There was also a QB draw on 4th down for a TD.

A heck of a lot more than can be said for Wilson.

You seem to be making the assumption that the only thing that counts for a SS is run support. If we have to rely on SS for run support, then we are in big trouble. That ain't the whole we have to fill.

The worse a team's defense is, the higher the tackles a Safety gets. No doubt last year was a career year for Wilson in terms of numbers of tackles, but its no coincidence he had it playing on the worst defense of his career. Looking at the other half of the equation - pass defense - Bell has much higher numbers.

Bell is a much better all around player. He hits harder, he's less timid, and he plays the pass better. SS is a position with longevity. I'm not too worried about age. I am worried about having a liability like Wilson on the field.

RJones13LAL likes this.
  30. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Exaggerate much?

31. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    3 INTs, 7 FF, 0 Recoveries, and 7.5 sacks in 77 games. Yep, Bell ALWAYS makes plays. :rolleyes:

Bell and Wilson are essentially the same player, but only 1 is due a $14M roster bonus next year though.

PhiNomina, Anonymous and RoninFin4 like this.
  32. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    No offense, but judging a player off of one season is pretty short-sighted.
    Posted via Mobile Device

33. RoninFin4

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Off the top of my head, that play stands out. Do we really know how many times Bell was supposed to have over the top coverage on a Randy Moss TD or how many times a TE or WR had gotten a first round on an underneath route in a critical situation? No, we don't. I'm simply saying that if you put Gibril Wilson at SS, he can probably do exactly what Yeremiah Bell does. I didn't say cut Bell, I'm just saying one of them is probably gone this offseason, but Gibril Wilson isn't the one with a giant bonus due. At the very least, they should re-negotiate with Bell because his play certainly did not warrant a $14M bonus this year.

Stitches likes this.
  34. NoCalFinFan

Dec 27, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    You don't agree with me you you just say I exaggerate?

I saw it every week, when Bell is in position to make plays, he makes them. Today was an INT. Last week was an INT. Against the Cheaters it was a key sack late in the game. The guy rarely misses tackles. And he's come through several times with plays that change games.

I've yet to see Wilson make any impact. I've seen him out of position and then pointing fingers at the rookies. I've seen him in position to make plays and fail. So Wilson had a big season play SS in Oakland. Big deal - look at Tyvon Branch's numbers.

Now you may not agree with my observation - that Bell consistently makes plays and Wilson consistently doesn't - but don't just accuse me of exaggerating because you don't like the though. I've given actual solid facts to support my argument.

You just want to make personal accusations without facts. Gimme a break.

35. High Definition

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    :spam:

36. mroz

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    copy cat... :)

Rocky Raccoon likes this.
  37. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Wilson is better than Bell, IMO. He's playing out of position, making him look bad. If Bell were playing FS instead of SS, everyone would be calling for his head. Wilson has done a serviceable job playing out of position while having to deal with two rookie CBs and horrible linebackers.

Stitches likes this.
  38. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Neither of them deserved their pay and with the sheer amount of passing teams in the NFL as of late would it be that wild of a suggestion to want Vontae Davis at almost 6-0, 200 (he can rise to 205 if need be) to play FS and Tyrone Culver at a stout 6-1, 210 to play SS.
    Draft Joe Haden with our high pick and that'll be it.

To do so however the entire LB core would have to improve.

39. RJones13LAL

RJones13LAL New Member

Apr 5, 2009
    In No Order...

Craig Camarillo (We got enough Mediocre WR's and we need his spot)

Patrick Turner - I know we all don't want to see him go because we haven't seen him play. But if the Coaching staff truly thought he could help our team win.......he'd be out there

Porter, Crowder, Taylor, Ayodele - At least 2 of these guys need to be replaced IMO, Looking Back Patrick Willis sure would've been nice

Gibril Wilson and/or Yerimiah Bell - I really like Bell to be honest, but if the front office thinks he needs to go then so be it. Not sure what to think about Wilson.... All I know is that we need a True Starting FS

Jason Allen - I Just don't see him staying just because he's a decent special teams player, (just look at Brandon London :( ) I just feel he's one of the last remaining skid marks from before the Parcells regime

- I think we give Ted Ginn one more year (use him as a #2-4 type reciever)

- Sign a Vicent Jackson, Antonio Bryant type guy (Chambers maybe)

- Have a defense-focused draft (A GOOD ONE)

40. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Infantile rages are generally not a very good basis for running a franchise.

Stringer Bell likes this.