1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

who should be gone in 2010?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dolphins1Beatles, Dec 27, 2009.

1. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    keep Taylor & Porter is an inappropriate expense
    we are strong @ OLB: Wake, Moses, Anderson
    could trade Porter, lessen expenditures & lose very little in our defense
    we need to find help @ ILB

Wilson is the keeper, Bell will go. don't need two starting SS's
    Clemons is the future @ FS,
    hope to see him play the entire game against the Steelers

we need another NT to work into the lineup
    (Ferguson will not be around very long)
    & we need serious talent @ ILB
    not so much to fix for next year:up:

2. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I really fail to see how Ginn's draft position has any bearing on keeping him or not. He had zero control over where he was drafted. If you have/had expectations of him being Randy Moss because of where he was drafted, then that's just you bein silly
    Posted via Mobile Device

PhiNomina likes this.
  3. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    don't get it ???
    must of missed something...

4. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    We let Hill walk and had a hole to fill......call it desperate, hasty......whatever

It was a move that made no more sense then than it does in hindsight....adding a safety with poor coverage skills, to pair with Bell was/is a train wreck.

5. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Hasty I could possibly agree with, but that doesn't make it desperate.

The signing of Wilson made an incredible amount of sense at the time IMO.

We signed Wilson before we signed Bell, so if you wish to complain about a move making no sense (at the time), it was the resigning of Bell after just having signed Wilson. Wilson at SS would probably not be that bad of a thing, if not a very good thing.

6. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    Bell has been the best DB we have had in years. I ONLY SEE HIM GOING IN A MONEY MOVE. If 14 million is right...bye, bye.

IMHO Ginn is too soft. Runs straight to the sideline so he won't get hit (unless a defender is in his way). I see him staying only for his speed.

Crowder needs to go. He is my #1 cut. We definetely need 2 play making ILB's. Draft one or two and sign one in FA.

I would like to see another stud guard signed. One that will not be injury prone.

7. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Lot of important things to come in the offseason, but cutting Crowder before Ayodele, Torbor or Anderson? Not sure about that - especially if it comes to money. I believe that both Anderson and Ayodele are due to make more than Crowder this coming year (since it's the last year of both their contracts). I really thing Crowder stays, but you're right, we definitely need a playmaker (McClain, Spikes, a free agent like Dansby, etc.) inside next to Crowder and have Crowder take over Ayodele's spot.

jetssuck and Rocky Raccoon like this.
  8. jetssuck

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    Personally, I'll take Bell over Wilson any day....and I have a hard time believing Bell wasn't always in their plans, regardless of Wilson.

No amount of excuses changes the fact that this was very poor foresight on the FO's part......the two are a very bad pairing. As we have painfully witnessed all season. Given both of their skill sets, they had to see this coming.

Rocky Raccoon likes this.
  9. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Where are the excuses the FO is making? Or from anyone else for that matter about the FO's foresight on this? I said when we resigned Bell that it didn't make much sense, given that we just signed Wilson.

If we are strictly speaking for the SS position, I'm taking Wilson over Bell, but to each their own.

Anonymous likes this.
  10. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Cutting Channing Crowder is laughable IMO. He is very solid and while not the best is still better than average. His biggest issue is causing Turnovers.
    Bell should go and Let Wilson stay. Wilson is younger and a better player overall. Get a nice coverage FS and our secondary will look much better

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Agree on everything.

12. jetssuck

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    On what planet is Wilson better than Bell?

I mean honestly, what is it that some of you guys are seeing that makes you think this?

SICK likes this.
  13. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Read everything Stitches, RoninFin4, and I have been saying throughout this thread.

RoninFin4 and Skeet84 like this.
  14. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    This is such silly revisionist bull****. There's absolutely no argument that you could suggest that at the time of the signing that Gibril Wilson was a "cast off" with less value than Darren Sharper.

And yeah, the Saints? You wanna look at that current administrations track record? Because you can start with Reggie Bush.

Anonymous, PhiNomina, Phins28 and 2 others like this.
  15. jetssuck

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    Revisionist? ....lol.....yeah ok

You're surprised that Sharper has more ball skills than Wilson? Idk, maybe you just didn't see enough of them I guess. We're most likely to be the 2nd team in a row to let him walk, early in his contract....."cast-off"

Sharper having 8 picks is no more of a surprise than Wilson not being able to catch a ball if it was thrown to him underhanded. We needed a ball hawk....we chose a guy who's the very definition of liability in coverage.

The Saints? Yeah I see what you mean.......can't believe those idiots passed on Culpepper for Brees and then to top it off, they waste a 7th round pick on Colston.

That team was all but packed up and on the road to San Antonio and within no time, they're one of the best teams in football. That wasn't luck, pal.

16. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Getting a WR who has performed like Colston in the 7th is absolutely luck. If it were not luck, then he would've been taken a lot higher. Getting a player like Meachem or Devery Henderson was not luck, but Colston absolutely was. Just like getting Tom Brady in the 6th and having him turn into one of the best was absolutely lucky.

And the "ball being thrown underhand" comment really doesn't make much sense, because Wilson has proven to have adequate hands over his career. No he isn't a ball hawk, and he may be a liability in coverage, but it's silly to turn his ability to catch into a caricature (just like what was done with Ginn).

Anonymous and PhiNomina like this.
  17. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    And I still dont see a valid argument to show Wilson is better then Bell. When on the field, Bell is much better. Hes a much much much better tackler, takes better angles and is smarter. Both have stone hands, Wilson has better interception numbers because hes played more FS in his career and Bell has been closer to the line as a fourth LB more in his career then Wilson. no one is going to accuse Bell of being Troy Polamalu in the play making department, but he sure is hell a lot more SOLID of a SS then Wilson.

jetssuck likes this.
  18. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I don't think that Wilson was a cast off. IMO the error was in the coaches plan to try and use two SSs. Now maybe they thought this was a throw away year and the plan was to cut Bell after the season. Bell's contract would suggest as much since he's due something like $14 million next year. Maybe they saw no viable, long term FSs on the market and just did the best they could for the long term.

jetssuck likes this.
  19. jetssuck

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    Possibly, altho after watching him struggle all year, they may revise that plan....14 million next year? Ouch..

20. jetssuck

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    He did that himself last Sunday....

You can call Colston luck if you please.......I'd say it's more attributed to good scouting.

21. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I didn't say ball skills. I said overall ability. The full package. If you claim to have had any idea Sharper was going to be that much better than Wilson you are pretty much a liar. Further, to suggest the Saints FO has been remarkably better than ours pretty much completely ignores the reality of the Saints last several years. They've looked a whole lot like us over the past couple of years.

22. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    That's simply not true. Wilson averages 2 picks a year, and this is arguably only his 2nd year ever at FS. Bell has 3 CAREER INTs, and it has nothing to do with him playing SS.

23. jetssuck

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    Liar? So you're not buying that I'm rich, handsome and currently typing this while sitting by the pool and staring at the ocean from my Palm Beach mansion?

Ok fine, does working at a bunch of them count?

Maybe you should take the time to do a little research on Sharper's career...you obviously know little about him. Do you realize that this is his THIRD year with 9 INT's? Several time Pro Bowler, etc, etc...

And yeah we're a carbon copy of the Saints.....you know with both of us being in a Conference Championship game a couple years ago and then this year making a run at being undefeated......oh wait

You guys can think differently/ be wrong all you want......I'll stick to my opinion and you can have yours. The beauty of America :up: