1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who Would Be the Next Owner if Ross Sells?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by KeyFin, Feb 5, 2022.

1. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    I didn't realize this, but all NFL teams have to have a succession plan in place naming the next owner. Ross has named Bruce Beal years ago, and he essentially runs Ross's operations for his real estate empire. That doesn't guarantee he's the next owner if Ross were to step down, but he'd basically have the right of 1st refusal and he's already approved by the league.

So that kind of sucks- we'd replace Ross with Ross's protégé. Here's already a vice chairman and a partner with the Dolphins as well.

Anyway, here's an article about him if you're curious-

2. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    If we could CHOOSE our next owner, I would choose either Elon Musk or Donald Trump…and since Trump has already owned a football team…:up:

3. Rouk

Rouk Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Hollywood, Florida
    This guy has already been part of our front office for the last 6 years. How much input he has is impossible to know but hes been involved in every decision at least.

4. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    Terrible choices. Trump destroyed the USFL lol. So maybe if you want the NFL to go bankrupt that might be a good choice.

Elon is great at building tech companies. He's shown no ability (or desire) to build a great sports franchise. And him focusing on sports would probably detract from tech, which isn't good. Let him stay in tech where he's one of the best today.

If I had to choose I'd go for the Rooney's. Pittsburgh has been a model of consistency like no other NFL franchise since the merger. They've only had 3 HC's since then: Noll, Cowher and Tomlin, and all 3 won SBs.

5. Fishhead

Fishhead Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2016
    The Broncos are reportedly going to sell for 4 billion, so the list of individuals who can actually buy an NFL franchise has to be pretty darn small.

6. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    After what happened to the USFL, I wouldn't trust Trump to run a franchise on Madden.

7. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Ross selling has 0% chance of happening.. its a dream that i want to come true but it wont at least not yet.. im sure Ross has a plan that is dependent of his health and whether he can perform his duties as an owner..

Owning a NBA or NFL team has become too expensive for a sole person. So it will be an ownership group just like the Broncos are about to take on for 4 billion.
    Imagine that, 4 billion to own a team that never hosts a Super Bowl or major bowl game.

now factor in that Hard Rock Stadium hosts the Super Bowl every 2-4 years, hosts a major bowl game ever year -somwtimes twice a year.

they do F1 events, hosts a ton of major international sports, the Premier League, champions league games get played in the Hard Rock.

this team is going to sell somewhere up there around 6 billion or higher when the time comes. And it wont be a single owner, itll be multiple billionaires.

8. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Have we not learned anything from our current real estate hustler owner?

9. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Way to make me sad on my day off

Dol-Fan Dupree likes this.
  10. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I would 10000% want it to be Grier.

:crapstrom::ban::crapstrom::omg::crapstrom:

11. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Unless Beal changes his mind and backs out, its very likely that he's the next owner. He's very secretive, as many very wealthy people are, so no one knows a lot about him. Its hard to tell how different from Ross he would be. The good news is that Ross has fixed and upgraded a lot of the team's infrastructure and unlike almost all other major US pro sports teams, we flat out own the stadium. So he would only really be responsible for making sure that football ops work.

12. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    Here's something else to remember:
    https://operations.nfl.com/inside-football-ops/nfl-operations/integrity-of-the-game/
    It takes 3/4 of all owners to approve a change in ownership. Forcing an owner to sell has never happened in the NFL and I don't expect that to change here unless there's hard proof Ross paid Flores to lose, as in actually the transaction happened. Anything less and I don't see a change in ownership given how huge the hurdle is and because it's easy to "explain away" some suggestion about paying to lose.

So I agree with those saying (near) 0% Ross is forced to sell.

13. Mike8272

Mike8272 Active Member

Sep 1, 2012
    I wouldn’t mind Micky Arison if he could bring the same level of ownership success to the Dolphins that he’s had with the Heat.

14. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    I would like the team to be owned by the players and coaches. Just like every other team should be owned. In a co-op.

Two Tacos likes this.
  15. plc001

plc001 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jun 22, 2008
    didn’t they force Richardson (Carolina) to sell?

Lithoman, Puka-head and Unlucky 13 like this.
  16. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    No they didn't.
    https://www.chicagotribune.com/spor...-panthers-owner-sell-team-20171221-story.html
    Interesting tidbit at the end there:

Puka-head likes this.
  17. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Unofficially, yes they absolutely did.

Lithoman and KeyFin like this.
  18. Pennington's Limp Arm

Pennington's Limp Arm Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2014
    Ontario, Canada
    [​IMG]

19. The_Dark_Knight

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    Yes, Donald Trump and his evil super powers single handed my destroyed the USFL.

Of course, the NFL had absolutely nothing to do with it…it was Trump and his Sinestro super powers that did it.

You guys are too much.

Lithoman likes this.
  20. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Or cities.

The Packers show it's certainly a viable thing - the billionaires are superfluous to sports.

Dol-Fan Dupree likes this.
  21. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    Yes Trump was the primary reason for the USFL folding. He was the one who led the charge to change the USFL schedule from spring to fall with the explicit goal of forcing the NFL to accept a merger. He gambled and lost. Teams realized they couldn't compete with the NFL and folded. So yes Trump is the main guy at fault.

Worst possible suggestion for owner. NFL would be on a path to bankruptcy with that guy's ego. He's really good at that bankruptcy stuff.

Puka-head and KeyFin like this.
  22. The_Dark_Knight

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    Yes…of course. The other owners who voted to play in the fall had nothing to do with it.

It was All the evil Trump muhahahahaha!!!!!!

As I said, you guys are TOO much. Quit being so selective in your postings.

23. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    lol give it up. First you said the NFL had nothing to do with it. That's like saying if you start a war and the other side defends themselves from your aggression your argument is "and the other side had nothing to do with it??" lol.

Also, I said "primary" reason. Trump is the primary reason the USFL went under.

24. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    I'm from that area and it was all over the news for about two weeks- Richardson did this, Richardson did that. Did he cover it up? Does that represent the integrity of the league? And just like that, he announced he was selling.

As some of the others here would say, it was the "woke crowd" making noise and I personally didn't even pay attention...it felt like they were reaching for a scandal that wasn't really there. Details were very sketchy; maybe there was some harassment stuff handled with payouts, that kind of stuff. Perfectly legal stuff, mind you...settlements happen every day. Nothing like the accusations against Ross.

I can't say whether or not the league pressured him to make the move- it would be the gentleman's way to deny forcing him and say he did it on his own. But in any case, he was under intense local pressure and he caved quickly. So that's what I'm hoping will happen here- once it goes from "reporting the facts" to "looking into the allegations", the tide in the Carolinas shifted very quickly.

Unlucky 13 likes this.
  25. The_Dark_Knight

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    I had a long post and elected not to bother. I could lay out every fact and it still wouldn’t matter…as demonstrated many times before.

Congratulations…you “win” (sarcasm)

26. Lithoman

Lithoman New Member

Feb 5, 2022
    I hate the guy, absolutely hate him, but dayum if he don't put his effort into building championship teams... Mark Cuban....