1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who would you rather have as coach wannstedt or tony

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by pumpdogs, Nov 25, 2010.

1. pumpdogs

pumpdogs Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    Thru the first 3 years who do think was the better coach dave or tony?I know this year is not over but what the **** something to talk about.

2. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    Sparano. And it isn't even close in my mind.

SeanP, TheAnswer385, baboo72 and 2 others like this.
  3. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    this is just bad dude. In fact, im hijacking this thread its so dumb.

Marry, boff, kill - Jessica Alba, Scarlet Johanson, and Megan Fox.

Go.

4. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Sparano, Wanny inherited a team loaded with All Pro's on defense, Sparano built this by scratch.

And I have to point out, in the late 80's early 90's NFC East, the Eagles had 10-6 records and finished 3rd in the division, the AFCE is as tough, if not tougher, than the NFCE with Gibbs, Jimmie Johnson and Buddy Ryan, we could finish 10-6 and be out of the playoffs.

It goes like that sometimes.

dolfan7171 and smahtaz like this.
  5. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Like there is a question. Didn't even have to think.

Sparano hands down.

6. pumpdogs

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    Well I think wannstedt was an idiot and I know tony started off with a 1-15 team but I looked back and wannstedt (I actually forgot about this) was 11-5 first year,11-5 2nd year,9-7 third year,and even 10-6 in his fourth.Hell he even had a playoff win his first year.We would all kill for that now.

7. miamiron

miamiron There's always next year

Jan 4, 2008
    That's like asking ,How would you like to expire
    Fire or water...either way your going to die

DolfanJake likes this.
  8. pumpdogs

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    Dude you don't no what you are talking about.The dolphins in his 2nd year finished 11-5 and in 2nd place,the following year 9-7 did not make the playoffs,4th year 10-6 and did not make the playoffs.
    Sure he inherited a team with great talent on defence but they just lost a hall of fame qb.
    And what has tony built but a team that is no where closer two the playoffs than last year.

9. pumpdogs

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    Tool!!!!!

10. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Jay Fiedler as QB...

11. pumpdogs

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    I thought fielder was better than people give him credit for.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  12. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    lol @ Wanny...

13. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    And he never bothered to develop one, and the talent degraded with his pretty pony seasons.

Pinning for the Dayz of Cut and Run Wanny?

14. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    Tony but let me just say this... as each week passes Tony looks more and more like Dave in their philosophies.

gunn34 likes this.
  15. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Kill Fox cause she's annoying. Boff Alba. Marry ScarJo, so I can keep boffing her.

16. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

[​IMG]

17. daphins

daphins A-Style

Mar 22, 2008
    Yeah, I've always felt that Fiedler, Yatil Green, and Cecil Collins never got a fair shake with the fans....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. smahtaz

smahtaz Pimpin Ain't Easy

Wow. Are you kidding? Sparano won an AFC East title with an expansion team.

19. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    We have 2 9 win teams in the division, even if we were a solid 7-3 we still would be chasing their exhaust that is how tough of a division this is.

Say we split the games with the Ravens and Steelers, beating one of them, even then, we would have to hope the team we beat did not win the division.

20. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I think people are getting a little too crazy now.

RevRick and padre31 like this.
  21. pumpdogs

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    Thats great but where are we now.I think they are both average coaches at best but wanny had more sucess.

22. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    Of course you do, why wouldn't you?
    If you think Wanny was a great coach you'd obviously think Fiedler was a great QB.
    In fact I think you probably are Wanny because I don't know anyone else who would post such a ridiculous thread.

Wanny was a virus to this entire franchise.
    He was inept at motivation, gameplanning and making adjustments..... he didn't know what those were.
    As a GM he took a team that had championship talent on one side of the ball handed to him and he rode that unit into obscurity while completely stripping this franchise of any talent before he left.

I'd take a girls cheerleading coach before I'd accept Wanny back as leader of this team.

23. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I was busy most of today..:chuckle:

I think "we" are missing the forest for the trees sometimes, Sparano is doing a fabulous job this year simply because the offense is so putrid, and we are still a .500 team.

Now the season is not over, in 08 we pulled the charge to end the season, in 09 we collapsed, 6 games left in 2010 and the season can go either way.

But not in the direction of Wanny, eegads that dolt beat feet out of Miami when the team was 1-8, I notice pumpdog overlooked that factoid....

24. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Wanny had to wear more hats than Sparano
    Dave was a player coach....... not bad but mediocre :pointlol:
    As a GM :lol:

25. pumpdogs

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    Hey einstein,
    Did I say anywhere in this post that he was a great coach and I want him back?No.
    I just don't think tony is worth a **** either.
    By the way ever hear of rick speilman?He was easily to blame as much as wanny.
    As bad as he was he is the last coach that acutually won a playoff game with.
    Remember what its like to win a playoff game?The skinny *** italian guy is never gonna win one.

26. pumpdogs

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    Dream on dreamer.Tonys not going to make it to year 5 to go 1-8

27. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Tony is the coach. Not much more to say.

The angle and the point was not bad. We get it.

The comparison was a facade :wink2:

28. pumpdogs

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    Facade?Why do you say that?

29. Puka-head

Puka-head My2nd Fav team:___vs Jets Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    You must be single. Or at least not married.

And choosing between Sparano and Wannstache is like choosing between a happy ending and a kick in the nuts.

30. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Easy answer..... you compared an ex coach to the current HC

good angle once again. Wrong approach.

31. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

OMG SPARANO!!!! And I hate you for making me talk like a 14 year old girl.

TheAnswer385 likes this.
  32. Vinny Fins

Vinny Fins Feisty Brooklyn dolfan ️‍

Oct 26, 2009
    Bklyn
    I'm just annoyed I've seen Cecil the Diesel Collins referenced twice in two days.

I had deleted that useless sack of trash from my memory banks.

Thanks for giving me THAT on my Birthday, ThePhins. :angry:

33. Pbateman

Pbateman New Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Neither....

34. godolphins

godolphins New Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Is this a trick question?

35. GreysonWinfield

GreysonWinfield Release The Hounds

Nov 1, 2009
    Stop the madness.,..

36. F.O

F.O New Member

Sep 26, 2009
    "Fabulous Job this year" ?? That's such a ridiculous thing to say and nothing could be further from the truth.

The person you should be crediting is Mike Nolan for the .500 record, not Sparano.

Sparano is an offensive guy not a defensive guy, so he is a big part of the blame for this putrid offense. It was Sparano's stupid idea to bring Incognito in and he has been one of the worst guards in the league this season. That's why we don't run to the left much when we do run, and Incognito has been the worst lineman we have in giving up sacks and QB pressures.

It was Sparano who recommended that blob who can't move Richie Incognito to Jeff Ireland. If you listened to Sparano's presser right after he was signed you would know that. Of course, Buffalo, an O-line that was worse off than we were, and one of the worst offensive lines in the league, wanted NOTHING to do with bringing Incognito back on their team.

And it's Sparano who wanted all these ex-cowboy stiffs on this O-line.. that's another FACT.

Sparano called plays for awhile in Dallas, so he has full authority over Henning but hasn't done enough at all to have the Dolphins higher than the 29th ranked offense in the league.

Sparano's incompetence is lacking the ability to adjust in-game... his gameplanning and game management skills are absolutely horrible. He's way in over his head and he should be a head coach for a high school or a division 2 college team, not an NFL team.

If not for Mike Nolan coming aboard and bringing this defense into the top 10, the Dolphins are 2-8 with Sparano this year.

The Dolphins are currently ranked 5th in pass defense after being one of the worst pass defenses in the league last year. That is a remarkable one-year turn around in a PASSING LEAGUE. What Mike Nolan has done is truly remarkable when you consider how many young and inexperienced players are on that side of the ball... And Sparano had absolutely nothing to do with that side of the ball and the improvement there, but Sparano has had a lot to do with the offense being so abysmal this season.

And let's not forget that Special Teams coach Bonamego was Sparano's guy !! It was his buddy going back to their Jacksonville days together in 2002. Sparano brought in Bonamego by his own recommendation. When Bonamego was fired, the Dolphins ranked last in the NFL in punting, last in kickoff coverage and 25th in kickoff returns..

So that's TWO areas of the team that Sparano totally flubbed on, and two areas of the team that suck this season. The one area of the team that Sparano did not touch or have anything to do with (defense) is where the team is actually quite good.

You're missing the forest for the trees if you think Sparano is the reason we are .500 and not Mike Nolan. Sparano is clueless and he hurts the team a lot more than he helps it.

That's just the truth.

DolfanJake likes this.
  37. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    All of that being said, F.O. I would still take Sparano over Wannstache.

38. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    Wanny was the worse thing to ever happen to this once proud franchise. He alone set us back a dozen years with his lack of drafting. Any team we played knew exactly what we would do and stacked the box to stop us.

Tin Indian likes this.
  39. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well gosh, he receives no credit for hiring Mike Nolan, no credit for firing the ST Coach in season, something that not even the Chargers have done even when their ST unit cost them 3 games, and the Oline prior to the Bears game had given up 12 sacks in 9 games but Sparano doesn't know what he is doing?

Sparano correctly benched Henne, he caught flack for it, but he did know what he was doing, and the Defense allowing the Bears to have a full qtr (15 minutes) in time of possession advantage of course means he doesn't know what he is doing.

The current ST unit is ranked #17 in NFL and moving upwards.

And for all of the love you give the Defense you are overlooking they have dropped 10 or more interceptions, those change field position and help the offense, basically the Defense is below average until the opponent reaches the red zone, then we are top 3, but of course, that would be on Sparano as well.

So yes, Sparano is doing a fabulous job, look at the teams in bottom 5 in the NFL in offense none of them are close to .500 ball save for Miami do you think that is some sort of magic or a Coach maximizing what his team does do well?

40. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    Well I think both have been somewhat dissapointing although Wanstache had more talent.