1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who *wouldn't* you fire/replace?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Bpk, Dec 29, 2013.

1. 2socks

2socks Rebuilding Since 1973

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    Interesting. you want Ireland gone but you would keep 34 of the 53 man roster he put together...........lol

you really have a secret fetish ....don't you?

2. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Obviously we should keep the staffs from team message boards.

Aside from that:

Tannehill
    Clay
    Hartline
    Pouncey
    Jordan
    Grimes
    Vernon
    Starks
    Fields
    Wilson
    Carroll
    Koa Misi

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

3. Kud_II

Kud_II Realist Division

Oct 15, 2011
    Seneca, SC
    I'd fire the whole or most of the coaching staff

Especially

Head Coach Philbin
    Offensive Coordinator
    Defensive Coordinator
    Quarterbacks Coach
    Linebackers Coach
    Offensive Line Coach.

Players I'd absolutely keep for at least 1 more season...

Fields (reigning team mvp)
    Tannehill
    Wake
    Vernon
    Grimes
    Wallace
    Gibson
    Hartline
    Matthews
    Clay
    Jordan
    Starks
    Pouncey

Our biggest needed help areas: OL, RB, LB, DB, TE.

4. Canad-phin

Canad-phin Active Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Right now I think we are a talented team. Ireland hasn't put together a terrible team but it's decisions like the LBs and drafting guys that are hurt plus missing on almost every 2nd round pick that he gets fired. Let's get new eyes on this team. Philbin had my support but after the last two weeks in seems like he doesn't step on toes or micro manage at all. We had a chance to take the playoffs against two teams with rookie QBs and we couldn't get up for it, where is the motivation by the head coach. I might keep Philbin if he replaces Sherman/Taylor/Turner. I may also want him to replace Coyle. I feel our defense has more talent than before he got here and we got way worse. Basically Philbin need to take charge an call it straight by getting rid of both coordinators and Taylor/Turner. Tannehill needs a fresh approach to him. Let new eyes teach and scheme for him. God don't I wish we hired mike McCoy, to see what he did with the scheme in SD is amazing.

Basically Philbin cuts ties with list of coaches or he takes a walk as well. Ireland should be gone just because I feel he's truffles with being the boss. I hope Aponte takes the VP of the NFL football operations. Get a clean look at this team by grabbing a new GM and have him pick coaches and talent.

5. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

A lot of the younger players it makes no sense to get rid of them even if so far they don't look that good. Also, you cannot turn over an entire roster very well in one off season.

6. 2socks

2socks Rebuilding Since 1973

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    I know brother. Just messing with you:up:

7. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

The list of keepers is for the 80 man offseason roster. Not next season's 53 man roster. Yeatman is a cheap reserve if nothing else. I don't see any reason to keep guys like Gillislee, Don Jones and Will Davis either, other than they were drafted in 2013 and could still develop into good players.

8. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    TD the Mascot.

9. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Cheerleaders

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 4

gilv13 likes this.
  10. MAFishFan

MAFishFan Team Tannehill

Sep 20, 2011
    Massachusetts
    The coaching staff and GM have to go. I always believed in patience and continuity, but this staff infuriates me. People keep saying Sherman is the problem. I believe that. But that also means Philbin is the problem too. This is the NFL. I get it that he's his mentor and friend and all that crap. But this is a business and if Philbin's future is on the line AND he can't see that what Sherman is doing isn't working then he's an idiot too. This staff is consistently unprepared and makes bad adjustments. They keep trying the same garbage over and over and it doesn't work. As for players?

Tannehill
    Hartline (only because he and Tannehill work well)
    Starks
    Grimes
    Clay
    Wake
    Vernon
    Fields
    Gibson

Obviously those are the keepers in my opinion. Not the whole team. I'd trade Pouncey if they got a good offer. I honestly don't think he's anything spectacular. Anyway, none of this even matters if Ross doesn't start with getting rid of Ireland.