1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's the Next Coach?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Vertical Limit, Dec 31, 2018.

1. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    Probably laughed his *** off when offered the job

mooseguts and gilv13 like this.
  2. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    Then who with coaching experience you bringing in?

3. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    The only issue I have with Flores beyond the whole Belicheck coaching tree thing is the guy does not seem to be a fiery kind of guy. Like Joe Philbin and Todd Bowles in NY. If he has that wet dishrag personality its not going to work.

Regardless, Richard seems to be a better more complete candidate.

4. TheHighExhaulted

TheHighExhaulted Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    You all asked for it and you're going to get it. Years of non-competitive football.

Irishman likes this.
  5. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    We asked for it?? Lol

I’m not sure I follow..

danmarino likes this.
  6. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I’d take Bill cowher!!!

7. Dorfdad

Dec 9, 2007
    And this differs from the last what 8-9 years? Something has to change Gase wasn’t going to succeed here

8. hitman8

hitman8 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2016

What makes you think Flores will do better than gase? He is just another inexperienced first time head coach with even less if a track record of success than gase had. We keep making the same mistakes over and over again.

I have absolutely no faith in this organization going forward. Grier just hired his soul brother from new England. He was not the best candidate available.

9. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL

This is what we passed on. The fire and passion is amazing. But what’s more amazing is his players are tuned in, taking it and listening and not tuning him out. That speaks volumes about a coach.

I’m sick to my stomach after watching last nights game, that we passed on Richards :-(

10. Surfs Up 99

Surfs Up 99 Team Flores & Team Tua

May 5, 2016
    At first was concerned about that too. However, I believe he is still a tough minded coach who expects his players to have a high level of discipline. His delivery might not be fiery, but based on what he has said and what his players have said I don't have any more doubts that won't get the message across. At first, I wanted a fiery coach and I would still be very happy with Richard if that is what happens, but I think Flores and his style might actually be better suited for a head coach. I think he has high standards and expectations and won't be a push over like others we have had in the past.

11. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    Well I don’t have the authority to bring in a new head coach. I’m just a fan like you however, if I did have any say...

I’d aggressively pursue either of the Harbaughs and deal with any NFL consequences like Robbie did after landing Shula. I’d aggressively pursue McCarthy and take long hard looks at giving Schwartz and Phillips another HC shot as their gigs at HC we’re with dysfunctional organizations. But with that being said, we’ve been quite did functional ourselves for quite some time.

12. Dorfdad

Dec 9, 2007
    Gase was a hard *** and they tuned him out! I wanted Richards as well if we’re going with a young inexperience coach.

However let’s give him a chance let’s let him assemble his staff, and get through at least a year to see where he’s going before we dump on him. Maybe it will out maybe Richards and Grier didn’t gel as well.

texanphinatic likes this.
  13. hitman8

hitman8 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2016
    Grier hired Flores because they are old buddies from New England. Had nothing to do with Flores actually being the best candidate. Rizzi and Richards are better HC candidates than Flores.

Pretty much every coach that has come out of the belicheat tree has been a dissapointment.

14. Tin Indian

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    I don't know anymore but I will tell you after watching the defensive performance from the Patriots today I'm warming up to the idea of Flores as head coach. This is impressive. He seems to be dialing up blitzes at just the right time all game.

Surfs Up 99 likes this.
  15. TheHighExhaulted

TheHighExhaulted Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    What's a blitz?

Pauly and Irishman like this.
  16. Tin Indian

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    It's a play where a whole bunch of guys run towards the quarterback at the same time from all different directions. Some teams actually do that kind of thing.

Crazy right!

Irishman and Surfs Up 99 like this.
  17. Irishman

Irishman Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2017
    High Point, NC
    They go well with cream cheese!

Surfs Up 99 and Tin Indian like this.
  18. Pauly

Pauly Season Ticket Holder

Nov 29, 2007
    It’s a play where our OL and RBs allow a member if another team to run unblocked at our QB. It differs from a regular play in that we allow any member of the opposing team to go through untouched, not just a DL.

Surfs Up 99 likes this.
  19. Surfs Up 99

Surfs Up 99 Team Flores & Team Tua

May 5, 2016
    Let's hope we can get that cleaned up this year. Our Vikings game this year could be used as a training film for what not to do.

Irishman likes this.