1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whos the one player in the draft that.....

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by TheMarshall, Apr 16, 2010.

Tags:
  1. TheMarshall

TheMarshall New Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Would make our team even more elite then we already are??? ....I would have to say Eric Berry, If we can get erric barry at FS, our team would be favored to win a super bowl this year...

2. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    well, yeah, sure. That'd be fantastic. He's an incredible talent and I cannot possibly believe some of these teams are considering NOT taking him in the top 5.

Seriously, what are the Rams/lions/bucs/chiefs thinking even considering otherwise.

3. TheMarshall

TheMarshall New Member

Apr 15, 2010
    you never really know what parcells and greg irland are thinking now too, dont forget ronnie brown and tedd ginn are both on the trading block...we can trade ronnie brown for a first

4. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan New Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Eric Berry and Dez Bryant both of them would make us more explosive also Earl Thomas

5. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Eric Berry.

6. Steve-Mo

Steve-Mo 'Saban' Guy

Apr 14, 2010
    Western New York
    I'd hardly consider this team elite, at least not yet. They're picking at number 12 & they finished 11th out of 16 AFC teams last year, don't forget. This team is still well into the bottom half of the NFL until proven otherwise. This team has too many question marks to be considered favored to do anything this year, to be honest. Not trying to be negative, I'm just calling it as I see it.

But back onto your original topic -- I'm not a huge NCAA fan nor do I claim to have watched any "film" on the newcomers, but Eric Berry really seams like the real deal from what I've seen and read. Obviously, he'd be a huge asset to the defense, but they also need to grab someone to start on the other side of Wake and a stud Nose Tackle at some point next weekend.

gunn34 and Larryfinfan like this.
  7. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Right on with Eric Berry.

8. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
  9. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    If Berry falls to us at #12, and we take him, I will be ecstatic. Other than trading down to replace the 2nd rounder we just traded for Marshall, that's my biggest hope for what happens next Thursday night.

Go Phins!

10. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Berry would be a tremendous addition, but who's going to play the most important two positions in this d, the OLBers ?? Do Anderson/QMoses and Wake conjure up memories of great OLBers ?? Who's going to spell Soliai and is he going to finally come into his own as Fergy's replacement for the NT spot ?? Can Fasano shake off the funk from last season and be a factor this year ?? This team is further away than one more player...

But, lets talk some more after the draft and see where we stand...

gunn34 and Steve-Mo like this.
  11. Larryfinfan

What ?? A pretty good RB who is coming off a Lis Franc injury...not hardly. RBs don't command first round compensation, for the most part and Brown is no exception. Additionally, Brown can't pass a physical right now, so the chances of a trade are slim to none before the draft...

gunn34 likes this.
  12. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Eric Berry if he falls to us would be THE ideal player to pick up in this draft bar none. Aside from him, Id go with Earl Thomas. I dont see any other defenders really taking the defense to a different level.

Offensively, while Bryant would be an amazing combo with Marshall, we really need to fill another hole and he would be a luxury pick.

If we can move Ginn, Spiller would be a fascinating pick for us. Would pick up the returners duties, give us a 3rd down back, we could split him out, or have him the WC with Ronnie etc. - generally be a nightmare for defenses.

gunn34 likes this.
  13. Steve-Mo

Steve-Mo 'Saban' Guy

Apr 14, 2010
    Western New York
    Good points. I completely forgot about about Fasano's troubles last year. The Tampa game is the only game I missed last year -- which is the only game Sperry appears to have contributed. Any thoughts on him? Do you think he could challenge Fasano for snaps?

14. Gitrdone

Gitrdone New Member

May 22, 2009
    Canada EH!
    E.T. would make our team elite, cause we could prob trade down a few spots and still be able to pick him. E.T. as in Earl Thomas.

15. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    I wouldn't label us SB favorites for drafting one Safety. I think Spiller would be a huge upgrade, but team wise IMO, we need to restock the D.

16. orangefinfan

orangefinfan New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    The one player I really like and I would pick would be Brandon Graham. I know he doesnt fit prototyipcal size, but I think he is going to be good and is just a try football player. He dominated the senior bowl.

17. TNphinfan

TNphinfan Always soo close... Club Member

Mar 3, 2010
    Ok here is a trade up Scenario, Don't get crazy when I say it! It could happen!:up: Ok trade Ginn, Smiley, and Brown to Seattle. We swap our 12 with their 14th pick, We get their 6th pick. Maybe throw in a 4th or 6th round pick if they say no? Who knows what could happen? :pointlol: Just hypothesizing here!

18. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    thats some hypothesis rook, lol, lets just go get N Suh..Championship!!

19. Larryfinfan

Given an offseason to learn the offense, yes. Is he a Witten or Gates, no but he could be more productive than last season with more opportunities...I had forgotten about him as well. I liked the acquisition when we got him...Another to look out for is Kory Sheets...he may be our return guy now that Ginn is gone...

Steve-Mo likes this.
  20. Larryfinfan

But who are our OLBers ?? Our D doesn't get to elite status with Thomas or Berry as long as Wake and Anderson are our OLBs...

21. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    I dont think we are going to draft an OLB who can come in and have the season to take us to elite status. OLB is a position where you draft to develop rather than start in general.

22. Mcduffie81

Mcduffie81 Wildcat Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Lake Worth, Fl.
    I like B. Graham if we go OLB in the 1st and grab our saftey later. The guy from Georgia Tech, or the guy from South Florida....provided they are still around?

Seems like there are quite few good safties out there.

23. DHPVW

DHPVW DuB addict

Apr 1, 2010
    AZ-520
    U of A's Gronkowski at TE would deff open up our offense now that we have Marshall. But I wouldn't say it would make our team elite. Maybe Berry on defense? I don't think one player is gonna make our team elite no matter who it is

24. finserg

finserg Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Linden,NJ
    I would like to get rid of ronnie and we take Cj, ronnies always hurt and ricky is the only one really pruducing in which leaves us in pretty bad shape after this season since he is going to retire.

Just my opinion

25. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there

All those teams you mentioned also need help in other positions also.
    But,I agree,Berry will be gone by the time we pick(if we even have that pick)when it's all said and done.:shifty:

26. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Earl Thomas. Ill go out on a limb and say he has a better career than Berry.

27. Phinatic425

Phinatic425 MIA State of Mind

Feb 19, 2010
    Upper Left Corner
    Berry won't be there at 12, and even if we did get him the Jets would still be favored over us because they are so overhyped

The best part about next season...all the Jets fans eating their words

28. Phinatic425

Phinatic425 MIA State of Mind

Feb 19, 2010
    Upper Left Corner
    Clay Matthews...Brian Cushing?

29. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    We're not elite.

30. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    Denver was pretty good with just Dumervill and Mario Haggan.

31. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    How about Patrick Willis?

32. Gitrdone

Gitrdone New Member

May 22, 2009
    Canada EH!
    Only problem i have with CJ, is our oline doesn't benefit his running style. He would be better suited in a zone blocking offense. In fact, he has even said so himself.

33. finserg

finserg Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Linden,NJ

Oh didnt catch that but i think we could work with him

34. miamiron

miamiron There's always next year

Jan 4, 2008
    Willis is not an outside linebacker