Why are we waiting to go to England?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by gunn34, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    I heard Omar talk about it. Miami has a 5 hour time difference and Oakland has an 8. Hickey also mentioned that Tampa went a week early when he was on the team and they still lost.

2. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    And Philbin said he spoke with Duffner who went over there last year with the Jaguars I believe, and he took into account Duff's observations.

That's all I'm saying here is we don't know if there's a right or wrong to this. We just know that his choice was a bit unusual. If it turns out it was wrong then so be it, unusual + wrong = have at him. On the other hand if it turns out right...

3. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    If he went early and lost, is an idiot.
    If he went late and lost, he is an idiot.

No matter what, if Miami loses, he made the wrong choice.

If Miami wins, he made the right choice. Unless they look bad and win because Raiders are just more terrible.

4. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    I don't agree with this. I think if he went over Wednesday, which has been the norm for NFL teams going over there, then we're not talking about this. Oakland went over there unusually early because they were already on the east coast and they didn't feel like flying back to Oakland just to fly back to England a few days later. That option was never on the table for Miami. Miami was very much in line to use the normal option which is to go over Wednesday to give the players an extra day to get over the time difference and jet lag. If they did that, there isn't even any discussion about this.

5. DPlus47

DPlus47 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 14, 2008
    I live on the West Coast and have met East Coasters in England before; it has taken me longer to adjust, for sure.

6. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Adjusting east is so much tougher. Miami is not used to traveling east. No need to go as early as the Raiders but I'm not sure Thursday was the best day.

7. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS

Agreed. I fly east almost each month for 3-5 days. The first day or two there my sleep pattern is thrown off and I feel drowsy or sluggish. I'd rather go west any time.

At least the team will have a couple days to adjust...

Bottom line is that Allen is a terrible HC, the raiders are more beat up than we are, and they're only averaging 12.3 ppg. We lose to them, Philbin should be fired following the game.

8. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Ha ha ha.

This whole thread is stupid. We dominated.

Rocky Raccoon and xphinfanx like this.
  9. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    Good example of internet coach fail.
    Dolphins used third and forth stringers to finish the fourth quarter. Tannehill has a good game and Miller runs well.

Rocky Raccoon likes this.
  10. DPlus47

DPlus47 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 14, 2008
    I'm going to ignore the fact that I said the Dolphins would probably lose and quote my theory, which I believe is 100% responsible for the win.

11. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Philbin deserves credit for making and out of the ordinary call on when to leave and having it pay off.

heylookatme and DPlus47 like this.
  12. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Yeh..I was not sure about that..especially after reading Barry Jacksons stuff

13. I knew it was the right calk to leave late all along I just kept my mouth shut so I would ruin the pleasant surprise for the rest of you

xphinfanx and GARDENHEAD like this.