1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why are we worrying all weekend about what Peyton will do???

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by finfan, Mar 11, 2012.

1. finfan

finfan New Member

Jan 20, 2012
    I am definately pro Peyton Manning however, I like alot of other dolphin fans want this to just be over. If we were to get Peyton that would be great with a capital "G", but we are building for the future with a new coach and staff so we need to think long term. I say we go get Flynn (if that is who coach Philbin wants), then use our draft picks to fill the needs for this team. I am a die hard fan and have been since 1970 and I got caught up in all the hype and circus atmosphere just like everyone else, but lets be realistic, there is a reason people don't want to come to our team and we just have to deal with it and go forward with those who are willing and want to help put the Miami Dolphins back on the map. I just hope that even being a pro like Peyton is and how he handles himself I would like to hear from him as to exactly why (if he doesn't decide on Miami) he didn't come here. Thank you for this board allowing me to vent my feelings.

2. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    But Peyton...... We laughed....... :(

3. JamesyEsq

JamesyEsq Active Member

Jan 10, 2012
    England
    If we get Flynn its because he is the only option who is a bit better than Moore, Aaron Rodgers said Flynn is only a top 15 QB, which is pretty much what Moore was last season...

Manning is our only chance of a franchise QB, and unless we tank the season Colts style, we won't have one for a long time yet. So, yea i am worried :)

4. finfan

finfan New Member

Jan 20, 2012
    ???

5. finfan

finfan New Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Manning is great grant you that however, how can he be a franchise QB with only 3 or 4 at the most 5 years left in him?

6. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Who is worrying?

Beautiful sunny weekend.

Pandarilla and PhinPhanatic like this.
  7. RevRick

RevRick Long Haired Leaping Gnome Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Thomasville, GA
    To know that, all you have to do is read half of the posts in the forums. It's always all Ireland's fault, along with:

Pythons in the Everglades;
    Kim Kardashian being news worthy;
    the Iranian nuclear weapons program;
    Global Warming;
    and, the reason Bill Parcells really left.

Call me cynical, but half of my mind says that if the team really finds out that Manning is trying to work a non throwing required contract, we publicly withdraw, and go after Flynn, Tannehill, Weeden, or anyone who can pick up a football and not be afraid to throw it. I think he is playing the crowd more than anyone around here supposes, and it would not be surprising to me to see him sign a huge contract, have another injury or a nerve problem, and collect a lot of money for a half-vast effort.

8. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    Not sure if serious.... or...

9. finfan

finfan New Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Hey, dcafiero, I would appreciate it if you would reply not in code, LOL. You made two posts here copying what others have said and not any sense on what you said in either of them. Just want to know what you mean.

10. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    My apologies... My first post was a very poor movie reference elaborating on my sadness for the probability that we are not getting manning.Second post was because I'm not sure if that guy is serious or not because it didn't make a lick of sense in multiple ways.

11. finfan

finfan New Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Ah, gotcha, thanks for clearing that up. Now it makes sense, LOL. Like I said earlier, it would have been nice and I guess there is still a small chance of it happening but we do need to move on with things, this team won't just pack up and leave if we don't land him. right?

12. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    man.....really ???....and this deserved a new thread ? why not chose one from the other 3+ PM threads

Ohio Fanatic likes this.
  13. finfan

finfan New Member

Jan 20, 2012
    I started this as it is my feelings and I wanted to hear from those who felt the same way. So, Yes Man, really? Probably no reason for you to even post on it was there? Have a great day.

14. GreysonWinfield

GreysonWinfield Release The Hounds

Nov 1, 2009
    Baseball practice with my son, father/son street hockey game with my son, watched my daughter play 2 soccer games, score 2 goals and plow any player over (legally) who got in her way then had dinner with the wife and daughter at Outback. What is this about Manning?

Pandarilla likes this.
  15. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    If it wasnt for the bloomin onion or their soup, I'd never go to outback... their steak and other entrees are subpar at best.

/hijack.

16. hazed819

hazed819 Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    I pray to the football gods that we dont waste money on Flynn, because after he busts (and he will) we'll be short 1 starting QB yet again and 1 HC as Philbin will shoulder that blame im sure and Ireland will come out unscathed again. I would not want to place the future of my franchise in the hands of a guy that 132 pass attempts in four years. 2 starts in four years with 2 int's and 8 sacks, granted he had 9 Td's in those starts but we must not forget that he is also in a very talented offense. Im just convinced Flynn is not our guy and we will pay once again for years to come if we swing that way.

17. finfan

finfan New Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Hazed, I hear you what would you do about the QB situation then? I would only think that Philbin would only bring Flynn in if he was certainly confident with him as he has been with him for several years. Which one of the QB's in the draft should we go for with our #8 pick? I figure if we are going to get one who may want we would have to go at that point, not sure if a decent one will be around in round 2?

18. hazed819

Apr 7, 2010
    Im no GM but at this point in the situation the team is we need to try and get a face for this franchise. If Tannehill is there i would take him, if the kid blows up we're golden. If he flutter's were screwed but it rather take the scrutiny of getting a rookie QB that didnt flourish then to lay my eggs in the basket of a 7th round pick QB that has been riding the bench for four years.

19. GreysonWinfield

Nov 1, 2009
    Its above Fridays and below a true steakhouse but meets the expectations based on price. I had the porkchop which is good. I went to Capital Grill earlier this week and found it to be overrated and the cost was for the snobbish atmosphere not the food.

Mods please add a food forum..................

20. GreysonWinfield

Nov 1, 2009
    So if the Phins get him I should take this analysis over the time and work that Philben has seen from him?

21. hazed819

Apr 7, 2010
    What work, the guy has thrown 132 professional passes... Two starts. Practice balls? This guy is as proven as the rookies coming out in the draft, i would much rather take my chances with them.

22. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL

How dare you slander Fridays good name! the jack daniels items on their menu are gods among foodmen. And 2 for 1 drinks and appetizers?! COME ON MAN.

since i moved to Sebring like 7 months ago I miss Fridays so much... there isnt one anywhere near here.

.........but we have an Outback here that i had to walk out of for being so horrid..... I keept giving them second chances.... still no bueno.

Also.... food forum......... thumbs up.

23. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    Is it a bad thing that Flynn has been riding the bench for four years behind Rogers? I don't see that, true he is a 7th round pick but that in itself is not a bad thing either, see Tom Brady (and I am not comparing the two) just their draft position. Matt Flynn beat out a second round pick in Brian Brohm to be the second string behind Rogers so they must have seen something in him. He may not ever be a legit Franchise quarterback but I don't see bust written all over him anymore than I see it in Tannehill.

24. sloppyjoer

sloppyjoer New Member

Apr 16, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Pretty much this. I am sick and tired of the media and their bull**** right now. If we don't get him, too bad, life goes on. None of their facking stories are worth my time. Just lemme know WHEN he signs and where. Other than that, I have things to do.

25. GreysonWinfield

Nov 1, 2009
    Just an FYI all of Fridays for is pre-made and just heated up (or cooked as they like to say). And yes the JD sauce is nice.

26. GreysonWinfield

Nov 1, 2009
    Actually he is more proven as he has NFL experience but I understand where you are coming from.

27. finfan

finfan New Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Do we have any faith or trust in our coach? If so then all our talk about Flynn doesn't amount to a hill of beans, does it? If coach Philbin has seen this kid for that past 4/5 years and feels he will be good, then whose judgement is better? His or ours? Like I said earlier, either way I just want this over and done with so that we can work on getting better for this upcoming season.

28. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Weeden if he was 22 instead of nearly 30
    Healthy Manning for 2 seasons
    Moore/Flynn (Fine with either)
    Weeden at nearly 30
    Injured Manning
    Me
    A hot dog
    Ronnie from the Jersey Shore
    Snookie
    Jwow
    Vinnie
    Pauly D
    And then at the bottom of the list I have Tannenhill

As you can see I wont be worried unless we draft Tannenhill.