1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do Challenges even exist in the NFL anymore?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Jt0323, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Serious question, why have them if everything is basically able to be reviewed? First every TD is reviewed and now every turnover? Why give these coaches challenges if you are going to review it anyway? I think if you give the coaches challenges, then let them use a challenge if they think that a fumble was a fumble. I think you should give coaches 2 challenges. They win both challenges, you give them another, if they win again keep giving them challenges until they lose

2. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    i guess catches and no catches mainly.

3. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Agreed. They need to get rid of coaches challenges and get an official in the booth who will then buzz the ref during questionable calls. I find it ridiculous that a coach only has two opportunities to try and correct bad calls. And if he's wrong, or right, but ruled wrong, it's at the expense of a timeout? huh? WTF is that bull****?

The goal is to get the calls on the field right, not play some secondary shell game of idiocy.

Jt0323 likes this.
  4. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    but then Bill Belichick has nothing to put in his sock.

MikeHoncho and jsizzle like this.
  5. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    I'm sure the NFL considered this, but upon further consideration the brass changed their minds.