1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do we listen to the noise??

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Bumrush, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Why are we getting caught up in what OUR FREAKING opponents are saying about us while we are down? Ryan Clark, an AFC opponent talking trash about Miami? Is that really how low and desperate we are to find dirt on this team and something else to blame on the ownership group and Ireland?

I for one am sick and tired of the media talking heads creating this aura around the team, without putting things in perspective. Manning is one instance, Fischer is the 2nd and the Harbaugh fiasco is another glaring example. All three of these media driven issues had clear, indisputable evidence pointing to nearly insurmountable evidence that the Dolphins had little to no chance of landing anyone in those scenarios- Fischer, walking in to a goldmine of draft picks and a franchise QB, Manning needing to come as close to contender as possible with a tested coaching staff, Harbaugh staying close to home on the left coast.

Yet the media, the fans and everyone else is harping on these three issues as "facts" as to why the Dolphins are in purgatory, while forgetting the past two decades of draft ineptitude.

Flynn was a risky proposition and obviously the team wasn't comfortable either paying him a bounty or guaranteeing him a starting position... Do you think this organization should act based on popular opinion or the mob mentality or should Ireland and Philbin do their due diligence and make the right choices to help shepard in a new era of football in Miami?

Keep the negative attitude going and eventually they will start making rash decisions, trading away draft picks ala Wann-Speil, signing the Dante Cullpeppers of the world and changing direction once again to the failed policies that stretch back 20 years.
    For once we have a team interested in building through the draft and in early March we are already jumping ship and hopping onboard the media lovefest in seeing a once glorious franchise thrown down the trash shoot. I may not agree with everything this franchise has done, but I'll choose to stand by my team during these trying times. Are you?

2. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    Because it's better to be feared then laughed at.

3. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    Dat sig pic.

Rofl.

dolfndav34 and Lab3003 like this.
  4. Bumrush

Nov 25, 2007
    Feared? WTF does that mean? Winning creates fear, we haven't won in decades.

Pretty sad that most of the people doing the laughing are the very same fans that supposedly love this team.

5. hazed819

hazed819 Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    Because the noise is materializing into facts.

Pagan and Aquafin like this.
  6. Aquafin

Aquafin New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    the poor house
    AND PRETENDING THAT ALL IS WELL DOESNT HELP US AT ALL . so lets stop pretending because things are much worse then what the kool aid drinkers want to beleive.:angry:

Pagan and jw3102 like this.
  7. Bumrush

Nov 25, 2007
    How so? Are we operating recklessly like we did in the past to find quick fixes? Did we make Flynn an offer he couldn't resist with Kolb like numbers? Are we trading draft picks for instant gratification? What exactly are we doing?
    If I'm Ross the team goes in to full lockdown. No leaks of who we are talking to or what we are doing. If a staff member leaks info to the media you fire them on the spot. This team shouldn't make any of their potential moves, interviews, discussions or possible personnel decisions public. Looking at Flynn as a possible option becomes "Losing Flynn". Speaking with Manning becomes "A mighty franchise can't win", losing out on the Fischer sweepstakes to a superior package, team and division is the end of the world.

His'nBeatYour'n likes this.
  8. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    The talking heads haven't created this aura around the team... The team itself has. Just look at the track record in the last 10 years. One comical blunder after another... with one playoff appearance and a thumping from Baltimore mixed in. Everything Ireland does recently is criticized... not because the media is choosing to pick on little old Miami, but because the moves are for the most part crazy, and deserve to be questioned. The idea is out there that the way this team is being run is comical. You hear it from players, coaches, and guys well tied to league insiders in the media... It's not a perception... It's not just noise... It's time to start thinking its probably the reality.

bran likes this.
  9. Bumrush

Nov 25, 2007
    I'm not pretending jack sh*t. But everyone here complaining is pretending to actually know what the strategy was around Flynn.

Don't give me the Manning horsesh*t anyone with a half a brain would have realized the odds were practically null when you figure out who we were competing with.

10. bakedmatt

bakedmatt Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    You're exactly right. The media is totally playing the fans.

11. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Apparently it was the Denver Broncos. Really. I am not making that up. The stench of manure is so strong at our facility that Manning would rather go to a inferior team with a cold climate instead of here.

12. jjlovecub

jjlovecub New Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Sarasota
    Not to mention what part of Ireland's plan has worked so far?? None of it!!! How anybody can still defend that guy is beyond me

13. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I agree, but you're fighting an uphill battle. we are trying to use logic to argue an emotional problem. It won't work, it never does.

People have made up their minds based on no facts. Bringing facts to them won't make them change. They still think its a fact Manning wanted to come here and then Ireland pissed him off. They literally believe that. Both Ireland and Manning could come out and say that wasn't true, and they'll say Ireland is lying and Manning is being a diplomat.

it doesn't matter anymore, the tide has turned all the way. The fans are creating the atmosphere now. That won't change until Ireland is gone. Even if we are impressive this year, it won't matter.

BlameItOnTheHenne and slickj101 like this.
  14. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Not when you're dealing w/emotionally sensitive people like 90% of this fanbase appears to be.

But of course if we do well next year all these little babies who visit the site just to complain will act like it never happened, or find a reason to justify their previous stance.

15. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Anybody that can read a roster sheet, and do a pros and cons list would realize that Miami was a very good destination for Peyton Manning.

They wanted Peyton. Peyton didn't want them. It is Ireland's job to persuade Manning to hear us out. All we got was a mercy **** in Indy.

But all is good. Ireland is gonna get the guy he wanted all along, David Garrard.

16. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    The talking heads didn't create this aura.

The talking heads didn't cause Ireland to ask Bryant if his mom is a crack ho.

The talking heads didn't cause Ross to go all in on Harbaugh while he had a head coach in place in Sparano.

The talking heads didn't roll out an orange carpet, put a nightclub into the stadium, or bring on celebrity minority owners who have no business being in that position (Fergie?).

The talking heads didn't create any of this.

brandon27 likes this.
  17. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    This is a lie.

Tennessee has history, more cash, and were willing to give Peyton a CONTRACT FOR LIFE and they still lost to the first team he visited.

Hmmmmmmmm. Nothing to see here, keep the bull**** train moving.

Bumrush and slickj101 like this.
  18. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    When did Ross go all in on Harbaugh again?

19. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    What is a Lie?

That is my opinion and an opinion that MANY would agree with.

You see, the way this works, is that I state my reasoned opinion, and you can come in and disagree. Not call it a "LIE!"

Matt Moore was the guy all along, Ireland played this thing brilliantly. This is just what Moore needed to get properly motivated.

20. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    UH, what?

21. Firesole

Firesole Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008

Or to cause him to hold out for a new contract

22. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire
    couldnt have said it better. the media does this to all piss poor run organizations be it us, browns,bengals,jaguars etc

23. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    I am glad BTW, that I was one of the last to jump off the SS. Ireland. I gave him this offseason. it has been a unmitigated disaster.

He HAS NO PLAN. He said that he had a plan in place.

Asking everybody that has ever thrown a football in their life to play QB for us is NOT a plan. They are settling.

24. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Well it sure as **** isn't a fact.

25. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire
    i think there is a plan but it stopped on H. :tongue2:.

now they are definitly winging it i mean david garrard? what the **** is that

26. bakedmatt

bakedmatt Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Didn't happen.

27. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Even if he had plan, it wouldn't matter because plans don't mean **** if you can't execute.

28. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    well..it is a FACT that Peyton Manning never considered us, and that Matt Flynn is a Seahawk. Just waiting on Alex Smith to resign in SF, and that would be 3 for 3.

29. Bumrush

Nov 25, 2007
    2 week disaster, huh? What if we weren't sold on Flynn and didn't want to offer him a big contract? Has that entered your thought process or is that impossible since it doesn't fit the narrative you are building?

You gave him two weeks to find a franchise QB and your main thesis is that Peyton didn't choose us after rejecting the near NFC Champion 49'ers, the Broncos who defeated the Steelers in the playoffs with NO QB and his hometown team that offered him a lifetime contract.

What else do you have besides those two incidents to reach this groundbreaking conclusion after supposedly having an open mind about Ireland this offseason?

Fin D likes this.
  30. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    You caught me off guard here. I don't think I've heard you admit that your opinion was an opinion and not fact before.

Clearly...its a trap.

When did we "go all in" on Harbaugh? We went and talked to him. Going all in would mean we went there with no other coaches. We did, which is why we were told we didn't get him. Which is it?

31. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    lol No. If anything it's a FACT that he did since we met with him. If he didn't he'd of told us no thanks to even listening to our pitch, like he did to KC.

Could care less about Flynn. As has been said a million times, if Philbin was really sold on him, he'd be here.

I could also care less if Smith signs as a backup, but that won't happen either.

Maybe you should go tweet what you just said, then "report" it, and then more people would consider it a fact. Ftr, I still wouldn't.

Fin D likes this.
  32. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Why even bring Flynn in for a visit? Why low-ball him? If you don't think he's worth 9 Mill a year (or whatever) you're basically saying he's not a franchise QB. So if he accepts a lower offer he's then good enough?

This is what a lot of people don't get when it comes to this regime. The whole "He's only good enough at the right price" BS they've been spewing since Parcells' FUPA walked through the door. You either want a guy, or you don't. It's that simple.

I also don't buy the "If Philbin really wanted him here, he'd be here" line. If the Dolphins DIDN'T want him, they wouldn't have asked him to fly across country to meet for 5 1/2 hours. Speaking of meetings that lasted over 5 hours, one QB had no interest in making any sort of flight...

33. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Has he not whiffed on every QB he targeted this offseason? I'll answer it for you. Yes. if the rumor was true that he only wanted to consider a AFC team, the Fins SHOULD have been in the running till the end. They weren't.

You are extending the benefit of the doubt to somebody (Ireland) that DOES NOT DESERVE IT.

34. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Bc they didn't know how much money he wanted until they brought him in?

lol And by no means is the whole "He's only good enough at the right price" BS they've been spewing since Parcells' FUPA walked through the door. You either want a guy, or you don't. It's that simple" even remotely true.

Don't let logic get in the way of a good story though.

35. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    we got on a plane with the intentions to come back with our next HC. we came back with a PR disaster and a new extension for TS.

36. Bumrush

Nov 25, 2007

I don't disagree with that. If that was the case then we need a STRICT NO COMMENT policy from the team. Break it and you are fired.

We could do a better job from a PR standpoint. I think we all agree with that. If this was a let's feel out Flynn meeting and we weren't sold on his abilities, then that is the information that should have been leaked. Not another PR disaster.

But make no mistake, if we wanted Flynn we could have overpaid for him. Apparently the organization wasn't sold, nor was the team willing to make guarantees. Remember, we are talking about a 7th round draft pick who had two good games. If he failed here, we are looking at a minimum of 3 additional years of misery. If the team wasn't sold after the demands were placed on them, or didn't have confidence in his abilities at that price, should they have just signed him because the fanbase is calling for blood?

37. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    This doesn't even make sense.

You do not know why Manning turned us down. Why would he grant an interview and keep us in consideration for a couple of days, if we are so inept?

38. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I see.

You don't know what "all in" means. You think you would from all your gambling prowess.

39. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Flying across country to meet with a coach, make him an offer, and give him anything he wants (while you currently have a head coach) is going "ALL IN" for Harbaugh.

Believe what you want to believe, but he didn't fly out there just to have noon tea with Harbaugh. He went out there to bring him back as the coach of the Dolphins. That was his sole purpose.

And in the end...as a result....we were left with this:

[​IMG]

THAT was ALL IN! You don't get that without him being ALL IN on Harbaugh.

40. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida

he never came to our facility, and never seriously considered us according to all reports. You are being deliberately obtuse at this point. Any attempt at sarcasm falls flat because in your corner, you have Jeff Ireland. In mine, I have the actual events of this off-season.