1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do you believe in God?

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Crappy Tipper, Sep 3, 2008.

1. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    My personal belief is that Jesus is the Life, the Truth and The Way.
    I am a sinner. I could never be perfect, only Jesus was and is.
    I think the confusion of being in a church that looked at all doctrine would be so confusing to me, you know, who's right, who's wrong etc.
    I think each person must decide for themselves. Listen to testimonies, study the Bible, get good concordances and study guides and explore. For me, the more I explore, the more I am satisfied in my personal beliefs.
    He does accept the fact that we're sinners, yet He loves us any way. We're human and easily swayed. He knows all this, but my greatest pleasure is knowing He will always love me, just like a father loves his children. He admonishes us for sin, but never forsakes us or leaves us. Even though we forsake Him and leave Him.
    I look at it this way: I'd rather try to do right be the best I can and trust Him than live the kind of life I used to live.
    I hope I made some sense, I tried. I'm not as good as Ohio & The Rev writing it. I hope I've said something to help you.:yes:

2. The Rev

The Rev Totus Tuus Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box Club Member

Thanks for the faith in us to answer your question. I am humbled but I am in no way a pastor. Ohiophinphan (Pastor Keith) is a great resource and brother.
    This is my opinion. Salvation, like Jesus, is available to all who seek it. My one fear with believers who see to "explore many different beliefs" is that you become a "Cafeteria Christian". This means that you pick and choose what is relevant to your life and choose to ignore the whole picture. I am NOT saying this is you, brother. I am saying that is the difficulties with many beliefs.
    Jesus died once and for all (of us). He loves us and calls us to Him. I think this makes it inclusive because his covenant (promise) with us was made in blood. I think a lot of denominations have their certain appeals and I will never say which is better (if that even exists) but I do know that we need community. No man is an island. God did not call us to serve him in privacy. He wanted us to preach and share Him with everyone we meet.
    Finally, I will say this: I think that if you seek God earnest in your heart, He will guide you. Admitting our failings keeps us real in the eyes of God and this is the key: LOVE.
    My God is about love. Love your family, love your neighbor as yourself in words AND in action.
    I think it was St. Francis who said: Preach the word at all times, use words ONLY when necessary.

GB my brother. I hope you find what you are looking for.

3. The Rev

Brother, you make my brain hurt too early in the morning. :lol:
    I just don't fathom a situation where God does not forgive. If that were true, then why bother sacrificing His only son on a cross to absorb our sins once and for all. :wink2:

You do well, my friend. :wink2:

:amen:

dolphindebby likes this.
  4. The Rev

Disclaimer:

Please remember that while my name here is "The Rev", I am not a licensed pastor. I "play" one here to remind me how to treat others and to share my witness.
    Pastor Keith is a great resource.

5. SkapePhin

SkapePhin sigpicz.blogspot.com

Jan 3, 2008
    Fort Lauderdale
    How is the argument FOR God stronger? Could you post some of the points that help make your case please?

6. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    You don't need a license to spread the Good News and Love Rev. And you do those very well indeed.
    God Bless You.

vt_dolfan and The Rev like this.