1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why don't teams from the south practice north??

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by wpgfishfan, Dec 20, 2008.

1. wpgfishfan

wpgfishfan Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    First some background

1. I live in Winnipeg which is in Canada
    2. for the past 6 days it was -27 to -30 everynight with a high of -24
    3. with the windchill everyday it was near -40
    4. all these are celcius -30 for us is like -22 for you
    5. today it is -18 with a windchill of -24

So this morning I go and shovel the snow and bring my 2 kids to ringette and all 3 of us are not wearing our toques. The kids are not wearing there ski-pants either. We were in a big deep freeze for a week that today it felt warmer if you can imagine that

I always wondered why southern teams don't come to Canada to practice for a few days then go down to Buffalo or KC where they will feel "warmer" mentally

We all have football stadiums. The only thing I could think of is with the cold the practice would not be efficient

Am I crazy for thinking this???

2. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    ringette?? toques??

you lost me there....

3. funkdat

funkdat New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    The post funk era
    Are you talking Celsius or Fahrenheit?

I'm from Florida/Texas and anything colder then 30F use to be way to cold for me.I've be living in Maine for sometime, and now it has to get around 0~f for me to think of it as being cold now.

If there are any dolfans going to the game on sunday that are from the south, by the end of the 1st Q you are going to wish you were never born.I'm not even joking.Good luck!!!

Back to your point, it would take to much time for teams to go north and try to get use to the cold.

It would help if they could practice in -10F too get ready for the game.Then 18F would seem like no big deal but they just don't have the time.