1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why I Hate the Ravens (and why you should too)

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by GARDENHEAD, Oct 15, 2008.

Tags:
  1. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    On January 13, 2002, the Ravens killed us in Miami in the Divisional Playoff Game, 23-0. We have not returned to the playoffs since.

I hate them because it was widely reported that after the game several Ravens players urinated on our field in a sign of total disrespect.

I really hope we beat these guys. I pray to god that Ray Lewis is not "mic'ed up". I'm soooo sick of hearing that moron talk.

ps- George Bush, Jr. was watching this game when he famously "choked on a pretzel" and passed out. I wish I had been so lucky!

cnc66, HULKFish and opfinistic like this.
  2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

Well.

I agree with you. If they pissed on the field that's messed up.

I hope we beat them too, but because it would mean we'd be at .500 again.

3. Finsfan74

Finsfan74 New Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Urinated on the field!? How come this is the 1st I've heard of this....? Cement shoes for all the Ravens players

4. Finsfan74

Finsfan74 New Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Maybe South Florida was on watering restrictions at the time

Fin D, dolfan32323 and opfinistic like this.
  5. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey
    It could have been an accident. I was watching an NFL special last year on the NFLN and they were saying how it is very normal for players to take leaks right there on the field and actually in the huddle sometimes due to the fact they cant leave the field when they need relief. They even said once in a great while a player craps his pants.

Sometimes they do things to hide leaking in their pants like put a towel over their lap while on the bench or ask teammates to hold up a towel while they are standing on the sideline. Apparently this is a very normal thing in the NFL

It was a very surprising segment to say the least.

anlgp likes this.
  6. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    I crapped my pants when we beat the Patriots.

7. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    Are any of the same players even on the team now?

8. dolpns13

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey
    that makes two of us. :lol:

opfinistic likes this.
  9. Finsfan74

Finsfan74 New Member

Dec 6, 2007
    I thought the team moms were supposed to bake the brownies, not the players!

10. anlgp

Ray Lewis.

dolphindebby likes this.
  11. dolphindebby

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    Is he the only one?
    I wonder if any of our guys have ever done this? And if they did, why nothing has ever been said....

12. anlgp

I don't know if he's the only one or not. He's just the first one that came to my mind.

13. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    :sidelol:

opfinistic likes this.
  14. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    They intentionally pissed on the field after the game to "mark their territory".

They didn't relieve themselves cause they had to go and didn't want to run to the locker room. It was an intentional act of disrespect.

15. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Exactly! There were several articles about it. It was the day before or at least at a time where there were no Dolphins around.

16. dolphindebby

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    I never read any thing about it. I remember Bush getting choked, but that's it.
    Yea, I can see them doing it while our team watched. We would have really had a "pottying" contest. :yes: (you guys put in your word, I don't like using it)

17. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    im pretty sure that game wasnt a shut out. i think it was 20-3.

going to check now.

18. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    :lol:

I've never seen or heard such a thing and I played ball into college.
    Never once did I have a teammate that pissed himself or crapped himself.

I could see it happening once in awhile that a guy really has to take a leak or takes a hard hit that caused his body to just release a log but to say it's "very normal" is pushing it IMO. :lol:

As for peeing on the field that happened once and It was as stated, on the sidelines with some guys holding up a towel to block view. Mostly though you do your business before the game or at halftime and that's sufficient.

19. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
  20. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    we've played them like 5 times since 03'...including our lone victory last year. bit of a stretch for bulletin board material.

Brown42000, HULKFish and Coral Reefer like this.
  21. dolpns13

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey
    Well... I think you should send this post to the NFLN and then to the players that were talking and laughing about it ON THE FIELD. No need to call me out as i watched the segment and remember it vehemently.. This isnt my opinion...but hey, all can believe what they want, but according to players, IT DOES HAPPEN QUITE REGULARLY.. Now I am not saying every week, but a few times a year with numerous players

22. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    we already got revenge for that game though. its one thing to be 1-15. its another thing to be the team that gave us the 1. nobody wants to be the only ones to lose to the worst team in the league. Its been speculated that Brian Billick lost his job because he lost to the Dolphins.

On a side note, I wonder who will be the one team to lose to the Lions this year.

23. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    So did I... but I was at the game :pity:

opfinistic likes this.
  24. Coral Reefer

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    No need to get "pissy" :lol:

I'm just sayin man, I've never encountered that and never even had that discussion with any teammate.

Maybe NFL guys are just more willing to leak or defacate on themselves?
    Maybe the teams I played on were potty trained better?
    I don't know.

25. dolpns13

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey
    My bad.. didnt mean to come off like that...

They even showed the wet spots of players coming out of the huddle. Believe me, I never even thought about this going on before i saw the show. All those gatorades on the sidelines need to go somewhere before halftime and the end of games and I doubt the coach lets the players leave the field incase there is a turnover and certain people need to be on the field.. i guess.. There was even a QB that was worried about where he was putting his hands when taking the snaps from center.. Imagine havign a full bladder and getting hit in to gut by a guy.. let the rivers run wild. :lol:

26. Vegas_Phin

Vegas_Phin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 4, 2008
    I was only able to find an article that referenced the Ravens urinating on our field. Guess who on our team will not put up with that type of intimidation? That's right, Joey Porter.

USATODAY.com - Steelers not scared at all

Loyal Fin likes this.
  27. Phin-o-rama

Phin-o-rama Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2007
    i believe it...our entire secondary took a dump on the field against the texans

28. anlgp

*no longer wants to play quarterback in the NFL*

29. Loyal Fin

Loyal Fin Business as usual

Mar 22, 2008
    South Florida
    thanks, i had found the same article
    Joey Porter is well aware of what the ravens did in miami..
    if he thinks its wise to let the guys know, then they'll know.. some things are just better left unsaid though.

that's disgusting and clearly shows their character..

30. Coral Reefer

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    I just used "pissy" cause it was too good an opp. to throw out a bad pun.
    Didn't take any offense to your response bro.

31. dolpns13

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey
    oh.. haha.. i get it now

32. Vegas_Phin

Vegas_Phin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 4, 2008
    I agree. That has Ray Lewis written all over it.

33. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I don't think it should play as bulletin board material. I actually don't believe in the concept much. But the thread starter was listing a reason not to like the Ravens and this kind of behavior could be a legitimate reason for some.

34. HULKFish

HULKFish Artist and Scribe

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    The great thing is that all Ronnie will do is smile all day long! I hope he plows over the over-rated Lewis a couple times and jumps up smiling... OOH! How good would a Porter/Lewis showdown be on live TV???

35. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Hate em all you want, their a damn good team that plays more physical then anyone in the league, if the dolphins show their behinds like they did in houston their gonna get their *** kicked, listening to all the interviews from our guys they sure are feelin sorry for themselves, their better tighten up real quick, or their gonna get punched in the mouth.

Well at least i know Joey porter will come to play. should be fun watchin him a and ray ray go back and forth.

36. keypusher

keypusher Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2007
    I dunno, I still feel we owe them for giving it away last year and saving us from the ignominy of 0-16.

37. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    see, the thing is ray lewis bragged about what he did.. said it was deliberate.. this was no "emergancy" this was calculated disrespect. I have hated him thoroughly since that time.

dolphindebby and opfinistic like this.
  38. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    About 11 or 12 guys.

39. jupiterfin

jupiterfin Mild Irritant

Nov 29, 2007
    Jupiter Florida
    I was at this game and it sucked... Quadry Ismael I believe caught a deep pass that broke the game wide open for them. I can't believe this is the last time I've been to a playoff game in Miami. Oh well, someday we'll be back.

I can't harbor too many harsh feeling for them though, there is a little issue with them not going for it on 4th and an inch last year:lol:

40. anlgp

I was just saying he is still on the team.

As it has been said I don't hate them too much we beat them last year to save the season.

Also. Yes, we better tighten up or we will get whooped big time. Their offense isn't bad they just have a rookie QB. They have the defense to light pennington up big time.