1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why I Trade the Extra 2nd-Round Pick for a Wide Receiver NOW

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by shouright, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Of course..the Giants and Packers will let ALL of those guys go to not devote any "resources" to retain them. Remember, I have the same links to look up each player's cap charge.

You want good players..go get them.

BTW, if you noticed, I was joking when I said "get BOTH".

But you absolutely go get one of them, and then devote a first day pick to the passing game.

2. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

IMO, Mike Wallace is at least as talented overall as Brandon Marshall.

Section126 likes this.
  3. Mcduffie81

Mcduffie81 Wildcat Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Lake Worth, Fl.
    You normally talk one sentence at a time and with a cut and dry tone. No wonder you have 52k posts. :lol:

I appreciate the elaboration.

4. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Alen definitely brings up (as usual) the exact most relevant concern about Dwayne Bowe.

With Brandon Marshall you knew that money was an issue because of all the tantrums he threw in Denver, but respect was much more of the issue there. No money meant no respect. He was and is driven to go down as the best WR in NFL history. That's his goal and he works tirelessly for it. He tries to find new ways to reinvent himself every off season.

He just happens to be clinically insane.

I don't know much about Dwayne Bowe. I made judgments about Brandon Marshall before he got here that ultimately ended up correct in a general way, but not specifically correct as I wasn't aware of his drive and how motivated a football player he was. I wouldn't want to make that mistake again with Dwayne Bowe. However on the surface one does question whether he has that same drive to be the absolute best or if he's just trying to get paid.

Mike Wallace isn't in the same ball park and I have that from people that have spoken to and are acquainted with him. That comparison is unfair. Wallace's risk/reward scenario is entirely different. You either believe he's as talented as his numbers indicate or you don't.

ssmiami and Fin D like this.
  5. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    I know about Bowe pretty well. The assessment made by Alen is spot on. Guy doesn't really care about the things you want him to care about. This goes back all the way to his HS days.

6. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    This is where we disagree, mate, but we've discussed Wallace in the past so I'll leave it there. :)

One thing to consider with Wallace that almost always gets lost in the shuffle with every player transitioning to a new team is the system. Not every guy is cut for every system. And Wallace is not.

7. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I'm not saying one way or the other on them. They're going to make their assessments, and make decisions based on them.

It's been suggested and I think even acknowledged by Packers players that Greg Jennings will likely get a shot at free agency.

The Giants also have let multiple receivers who have been productive like Mario Manningham and Steve Smith walk in free agency.

8. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    Wallace is certainly a one-trick pony. But he does that one trick so well, and it is so productive, that I think it makes him worth it. He really is the premier deep threat in the NFL IMO.

9. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Worth what? The money?

10. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    Yes.

11. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I think its very debatable but I can see your side of it.

12. Fineas

Fineas Club Member Luxury Box

Jan 5, 2008
    Wallace is a very good player and very dangerous in that Steeler offense. Part of that, I think, is that Roethlisberger buys a lot of time to enable his deep guy to get free and throws a great deep ball. While Tannehill is also physically capable of buying time, etc., I'm not sure Wallace is an ideal fit in the offense we are running. Not that he'd be bad, but I just don't think we'd get the same kind of production out of him that Pittsburgh has gotten.