1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is Dan Williams the consensus #12 pick?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by padre31, Mar 19, 2010.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Per Tim Graham:

5 Dan Williams
    3 Sergio Kindle's
    1 Brandon Graham
    1 Ro McClain

This is unbelievable to me, #12 pick tens of millions of dollars, and 5 NFL Draft guru types have us taking Dan Williams.

Imho if we take Dan Williams with Dez Bryant still on the board it will make the Ginn at #9 over Willias and Quinn look like a friendly disagreement...

3 Sergio Kindle's...that one is a head scratching moment as well..

texanphinatic likes this.
  2. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    id cry

Stitches likes this.
  3. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I'd hope the fans down in the Miami area would show the same appreciation as when Ted Ginn was picked.

I truly hope those so called "experts" are wrong, the typically are, Williams at #12 would be a mega reach imho, I can see them doing it though...

SICK likes this.
  4. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    no way, parcells/ireland will get a NT in the later rounds. i would be devastated if we reached for williams at 12

Jackson likes this.
  5. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    0 Jerry Hughes/Jason Pierre Paul's. The fact that no one has us picking Dez Bryant is bad...at least i could see him being on the draft board and indeed a possible pick. But given Parcells love for LB's how could they come up with stiff hips Kindle? Eww..just trash. Another reason this board rules.

texanphinatic likes this.
  6. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, the one consolation is most of those names are not known for their accuracy of predictions, wasn't it Gosselin who is the day before the Draft guru?

As for Kindle, I don't dislike him, but guys like him and Dunlap are mid 30's early 40's types of picks.

Not sure if you will recall this player, but Kindle reminds me of Marcus Cotton..to a "T".

Boik14 likes this.
  7. pumpdogs

pumpdogs Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    If they draft williams I will lose complete faith in the trifecta.
    Get henne some weapons draft bryant and he will be a top 10 QB.

8. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Why do people listen to the media heads like they know whats going on?

#1 fan and Fin-Omenal like this.
  9. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Yeah Gosselin is the guy you are thinking of. Still I pt more stock in our Guru's or heck, guessing it myself, then any of these dimwits. Im not a big Kindle fan at 12. At 43 fine, but he wont be there imo. I remember Cotton in name only, not well enough to make then comparison.

RE Dunlap: top 10 talent, UDFA brain. Unfortunately he may fall right in to the Jets hands as Shaun Ellis' replacement. Not sure I like that.

10. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts

Whippet thin underachiever with all of the measurables.

And he could be their in Rd #2, with the Te and Wr class this year, imho #33-#41 will feature the Pitta's and Be Be Thomas's of the draft, then the second tier of Lb/DE's.

I'd be fairly happy if the jets traded Ellis out for Dunlap.

Ellis is a proven pro, Dunlap is a UF De..which for me says it all...

And I love the inhouse Guru's, keep in mind though they are the only ones who have Dez B coming to Miami, that is a bold prediction.

11. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    I dont understand why everyone hates Dan Williams. Yeah he is not Dez but if he can dominate the front line for yrs to come than he is well worth it. Solia is doing an OK job but we need to get a guy who can dominate a team. LOL @ Padre not liking Dunlap cause he is a DE from Florida (Alex Brown and Jevon Kearse). Dunlap has scary intangables and could be a monster in the NFL

12. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Alex Brown was a beast coming out of UF...but slid in the draft..J kearse was 12 yrs ago...

We need more impact from the #12 Skeet, we won't be picking this early for a long time and we need to make this draft count...that means the best football playing athlete..

13. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Fin-O's pick: Brandon Graham Outside Linebacker

Xeticus, #1 fan and Killerphins like this.
  14. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    The Jets are thin on the DL. IMO they will be looking heavily there and for pass rushers and for safety help. Ellis is good but hes going on 33 or 34. And the spot opposite Ellis is by no means set after they lost Marques Douglas.

I cant stand Williams for a variety of reasons.

For one I think Nose tackles are projects by nature of learning how to play the position. Soliai has the ability to be dominant as anyone. He just has to improve consistency, one of the other reasons I cant stand Williams.

Dunlap for the record could very easily be a Kevin carter type DE if he pulls his head from his *** and realizes what hes doing to his career before it even gets started.

15. dwhorton

dwhorton New Member

Mar 6, 2009
    i don't know why but the consensus on alot of blogs and forums is miami fans want dan williams. why would you draft a guy 12th pay him really good money and take him off the field on 3rd down. i guess they feel the 3/4 defense cant work without a nt. this team missed 2 pos. last year imo a free safety and a wr who could dictate coverage and beat you deep aka a no#1 wr.a nt would of helped us win how many games last year ? none. give me dez or earl.

16. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    kindle would disturb me more than dan williams. dan williams would be the vanilla pick imo. we need NT, we get NT. Really hoping its Hughes personally

btw: was cotton texas a&m?

17. mlb1399

mlb1399 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    In an ideal world, we would be able to trade down and pick up a 2nd rounder or 3rd rounder depending how far back we go. I wouldn't be surprised to see them go OLB in the 1st, NT in the 2nd and TE in the 3rd. The problem where we are at is Bryant may not be there and if he is the off field issues are a concern. No other WR makes sense at that spot. Late 1st round or early 2nd round seems to be where a lot of the WR's will likely go. We could trade down to the later round which is possible but I have a hard time seeing them move up in the 2nd. In either of those scenarios you could go after Tate, Benn or Thomas.

We definitely need a NT but I'm not sure about taking that pick at #12 unless you're certain he is an elite NT. I would rather see us take one in the 2nd or 3rd and possibly another one in the late rounds as a project. Knowing Parcells history I'm guessing it's going to be an OLB that can get to the QB. Bryant would be nice and we all like the idea of a true #1 WR but I just don't see them doing that. FS would be a good option as Thomas would make our pass D significantly better, is young and a ball hawk which is what we need. I'm guessing Morgan, Graham or Pierre-Paul are more likely candidates with the first pick.

18. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007
    Williams isn't the impact player you want at 12. He's not as good as Soliai so he's not going to start. Earl Thomas for example, starts. Williams is a 2 down player with minimal rush skills and I've seen no conclusive evidence on tape that he's suited to the 34. He's a much better 43 nose guard.

His inconsistency is a huge worry, as is his one year of playing at a good level. I'll be surprised and tremendously disappointed if he's the pick.

Xeticus, padre31 and BuckeyeKing like this.
  19. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Inconsistency scares me alot as well. One year wonder also scares me. I dont want this guy to be the pick @ 12 and I doubt he is. Just saying we could do worse and if we do draft him the coaching staff must see something. Hopefully we go WR, FS, or OLB

20. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Do you think he goes top 10? I mean would a team reach to get a NT?

21. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Team reach for players all the time. You also have to remember that the Raiders still pick in the top 10.

22. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Yeah well I'm banking on them taking Bruce Campbell or Taylor Mays :tongue2:

23. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007
    Well there's four 34 teams ahead of us if they think he's a nose tackle. Personally I think he's 20 to 30 but who knows?

24. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Well with Oakland and the Jills ahead of us its very possible :lol:

I think its possible he falls to the Vikings. At least the Williams wall would stand for another 5 years.