1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why You Should Believe in Matt Moore

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by KeyFin, Dec 13, 2016.

1. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    We'll all be here while he's starting next year.

Fin D likes this.
  2. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I think you have problems following conversations. You understand, many of my posts in this thread have been directed at a few posters who truly believe that Moore is better than Tannehill, right?

Fin D likes this.
  3. Sloopy

Sloopy Member

Dec 16, 2016
    Last night Moore did something very uncharacteristic for him, and very rare in the league in general.

For his career Moore's TD rate is 4.7% (touchdowns divided by pass attempts * 100). Last night it was 22.2%, which was the highest rate in the league in the 420 games this year in which a QB has played for a team.

In other words, Matt Moore threw more touchdown passes per pass attempt than any QB in the league has in 2016, in the 420 instances in which a QB has played a game this year.

dolphin25 and Rock Sexton like this.
  4. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Anti-Homer

Mar 14, 2015
    Be ready for it guys. Hoops has spoken.

What a hater. This was inevitable though.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

5. Dolphins Dad

Dolphins Dad Member

Dec 12, 2016
    He has showed me a ton more football knowledge than you have shown. LOL.

Fin D likes this.
  6. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Anti-Homer

Mar 14, 2015
    Doesn't seem to show.

All you've done since arriving here is attack posters. Sweet troll account man!

dolphin25 likes this.
  7. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Anti-Homer

Mar 14, 2015
    It's not surprising that what Moore did will continue to be understated by guys like yourself. 5 years worth of rust and playoffs on the line - dude comes in and deals 4 TD's. Tannehill hasn't done that all year and he's played his share of turd teams too.

I'm so glad we still have this guy to help keep our playoff hopes alive while Tanny is injured.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    dolphin25 and Runnincm like this.
  8. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Wait...I haven't seen Dolphins Dad attacking people.

But I've seen Hoops getting **** from the usual suspects, who seem to dislike any analysis that paints Tannehill in a good light.

The dude seems to know his stuff. I find him to be a nice addition to the forum.

Dolphins Dad, Fin D and dWreck like this.
  9. Dolphins Dad

Dolphins Dad Member

Dec 12, 2016
    I knew Hoops from another site. You will not find anybody who know more about football anywhere.

dWreck, Fin D and resnor like this.
  10. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Anti-Homer

Mar 14, 2015
    Are you blind? Go read Dad's history since creating an account. He's been coming at me with every reply, none of it football related.

Hoops is very knowledgeable, but he is also the same guy insisting Tanny was "Tom Brady with legs" over on Finheaven. His support of of the man clouds his judgement of another player like Moore. He's too emotionally involved with his own assessments ....... too much ego and never admits when he's wrong.

dolphin25 and Runnincm like this.
  11. Fin-O

Fin-O Initiated Club Member

Sep 28, 2015
    You are missing the point. It is already ridiculous to suggest "Matt Moore isnt an NFL starter" when you have the likes of RG3, Bortles and Brock Osweiler out there.

It is even more ridiculous to watch his game last night and claim the same BS.

dolphin25 and Rock Sexton like this.
  12. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    1) Moore COULD start for a number of teams across the NFL- he's turned down two trade offers alone in the last five seasons because he wants to be in Miami. He's also restructured his contract multiple times to stay here....those are facts, my friend.

2) The coaches DON'T like that Moore takes chances- Okay, maybe I should have said Philbin and his offensive coordinators didn't like it when he took chances. Isn't that evident by the way they groomed Tannehill to be ultra-conservative on every down...despite when it cost us the game in 4th quarters?

3) Moore wins more than he loses- He's the only QB on Miami's roster with a winning overall record. The fact that he did it across three bad teams is just a bonus.

Now, maybe you don't like these FACTS...and that's okay. But arguing them over and over just because they don't fit a Tannehill agenda is plain ridiculous.

13. Fin-O

Sep 28, 2015
    The conversation with me, was not about that.

14. Dolphins Dad

Dolphins Dad Member

Dec 12, 2016
    NOt Osweiler now. Benched today. What a terrible signing. Wow.

15. Fin-O

Sep 28, 2015
    Kind of my point.

It is okay to think Matt Moore can start elsewhere and still believe Ryan is the better player. Somehow it seems to have become taboo to think both are possible.

16. Dolphins Dad

Dolphins Dad Member

Dec 12, 2016
    I think so too, but nobody really made him an offer. Wrong side of 30.

17. JShady

JShady Miami Heat lover

Sep 8, 2013
    Matt Moore is our Udonis Haslem of the Miami Heat.

KeyFin likes this.
  18. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Or our Alonzo Mourning. I so loved Heat basketball back in those golden years- they were all passion and effort.

JShady likes this.
  19. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Ok...here's the string of our argument. I was pretty clearly (in my mind) not simply talking about QB play. My point was all along that a successful team needs some semblance of a run game and a defense.

Much of Marino's career he had not much run game, and not great defense, and they struggled to make the playoffs.

Fin D likes this.
  20. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Anti-Homer

Mar 14, 2015
    That's actually the most endearing trait of Moore's. You can see how excited he is out there. Talent-wise he's no Dan Marino, but man his personality on the field reminds me of him.

dolphin25 and KeyFin like this.
  21. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    Haslem sure.. Mourning? lmfao... cmonbruh

22. JShady

JShady Miami Heat lover

Sep 8, 2013
    I like how you mentioned that Moore passed up taking a better offer and opportunity to start for another team to stay with us by restructuring his contract just like Haslem did when the big three was formed.

If Moore takes us deep in the playoffs then he has earned a lifetime spot on this team until he is ready to retire. Wouldn't have any other back up QB than Moore behind Tannehill.

I can't believe people wanted Moore to be cut during the preseason.

23. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    Marino went to the playoffs 10 out of 17 seasons. I wouldn't call that "struggling to make the playoffs".

You can argue he struggled to win in the playoffs with his 8-10 record, but making it was expected.

dolphin25 likes this.
  24. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    I hope you're right, because this has a Flynn scenario like in Green Bay written all over it. Can you imagine if Moore goes 3 of 4 (or better) down the stretch before Tannehill comes back for the playoffs? The media will be in a frenzy and he's going to become the off-season trophy that someone's willing to throw $20M/year at.

Would he even consider taking it though this close to retirement? I can already tell you his wife's vote- HELL NO! So I really hope he closes out his career as a Dolphin.

25. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Anti-Homer

Mar 14, 2015
    http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...moore-grips-it-and-rips-it-because-of-course/

This is what I noticed about him and his personality back in 2011 ..... largely why I've been such a huge advocate. Hell, Clyde Christenson said this week that Matt is the Pied Piper in the locker room.

dolphin25, Fin-O and Runnincm like this.
  26. Sloopy

Sloopy Member

Dec 16, 2016
    And you have to think he's distinguishing Moore from Tannehill there, which is problematic because Tannehill's emasculation in that regard was supposed to have been caused by Joe Philbin's lack of support of him.

If it's still so easy to distinguish another QB from Tannehill in that regard, even after he's been propped up by Gase's support, you have to think that characteristic is endemic to Tannehill.

27. Fin-O

Sep 28, 2015
    I have a feeling you would like to felate every player on the team.

Aqua4Ever04 likes this.
  28. Fin-O

Sep 28, 2015
    So what does this have to do with Moore vs Ryan? Nothing it seems.

29. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

I loved seeing how Matt was going crazy after he scored...he knows he wont get a chance like this again and if Ryan does get Surgery ....and Matt continues playing like this will be sweet to see him continue being our QB till Tanny is fully healthy.

30. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    How many times did they win the division? Yes, I'd say getting in as a wildcard is much different than winning the division. You know what I was saying, and that is that it wasn't like the Marino led Dolphins were going 13-3 every year, and crushing all opponents en route to 10 division titles in a row.

Even with a HoF QB, the Dolphins still did not maximize Marino's success because they never really put a complete team around him.

31. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Are you ****ting me?

32. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    They didn't maximize Marino's success for the reasons you state, but they didn't struggle to make the playoffs, wild card or not.

In any case, to answer your question they won the division 5 times, but keep in mind it was harder to do that back then as there were only 3 divisions per conference and 5 teams in the AFC East.

dolphin25 likes this.
  33. Sloopy

Sloopy Member

Dec 16, 2016
    Boy it's going to be tough to beat the Patriots in a couple weeks. Here today they have Brady held to an uncharacteristically poor game, and their own defense locks down Denver and beats them on the road.

New England did benefit from a +3 turnover margin today, and so the Dolphins will have to similarly contain Brady while refraining from giving the ball away to them like that.

SICK likes this.
  34. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Anti-Homer

Mar 14, 2015
    If we beat Buffalo, we are going to be carrying all kinds of good juju into that showdown. Also, we almost always play them competitively at home in Miami and then you have to factor in that the defense is largely getting healthy at the right time.

Without Gronk that offense just isn't the same to me, even though Bennett is a good replacement. I suspect BB will be going very run heavy with lots of Blount, as that still remains a weakness of ours.

dolphin25 likes this.
  35. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Fin D likes this.
  36. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Uh, no! Alonzo Mourning is a multi-time All-Star and was one of the best players of his era.

The UD comparison is a bit more apt, though I'd liken Moore a bit to Mario Chalmers as well (keep in mind, I like Chalmers).

dWreck likes this.
  37. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Welp, there can be no argument any longer....the Thill hate is real and its personal. There can be no other reason at this point. It is fact and irrefutable.

38. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

They were supposed to be unbeatable the last three years @Miami too.

SICK likes this.
  39. number21

number21 Active Member

Sep 1, 2015
    North Miami
    What has Tannehill ever done to have you spew constant nonsense about his play?

resnor and Fin D like this.
  40. Hoops

Hoops Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2016
    $20 mil a year for matt moore? I dont care if he wins the lombardi this year thats not happening

Sloopy i think his name is gets it...that game yesterday minus the 7 to 0 lead out the gate played exactly into matt moores hands and he still almost threw 3 picks

An alex smith comparison doesnt hold water...as alex smith takes care of the ball at a level matt moore never has be it fumbles or balls into coverage

You know what beats you in the postseason? Turnovers

resnor and Fin D like this.