1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wilfork: I don't want to leave Patriots

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by jdang307, Jun 9, 2009.

1. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/105892-wilfork-i-dont-want-to-leave-patriots#comments

This story is very uninteresting except the bold part. Someone has a man crush ...
    :pointlol:

2. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Hmm...hey Vince don't forget to mention Richard Seymour!!:lol:
    IMO it is kind of an interesting scenario, because the guy he wants to go "to war with" the most (did I mention that it's Richard Seymour?) is also going to be a FA.

jdang307 and Frumundah Finnatic like this.
  3. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

can't believe these guys complain about the money they make. it's disgusting.

Coral Reefer likes this.
  4. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Well see you just don't understand how it is for these guys. Patrick Ewing did, though. He put it all into perspective with:
    "We might make a lot of money but, we also spend a lot of money."

http://www.basketball-plays-and-tips.com/patrick-ewing-quotes.html

C'mon, now a man's got to feed his family.

5. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    you know...i was too lazy to make myself coffee this morning, but your avatar has inspired me.

anlgp likes this.
  6. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Its better than Opies ... I still get half out of my chair to squish it. :lol:

7. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    LOL. Idiot.

If I was him, I wouln't want to leave tha Pats either. I mean, he'd probably actually get suspended for his dirty play anwhere else.

8. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Two sides to the story bro. Do they make good money? Yes. Do they make as much as baseball players? No. SHould they make more than baseball players? Yes.

I didn't read the article, so if I am out of context, disregard. That is just how I feel though. Must be frustrating to put your body through that much abuse and not make as much as a pitcher who is on the injury list with a hang nail and plays once a week, making $15M a year.

9. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    They want a salary that's fair with respect to what their peers earn. I don't see what's so hard to understand about that. They get paid a lot because they do something most people can't. If most people could do what they do then they wouldn't make very much. This is a capitalist society, [mostly] they provide a service, there's a high demand, they are above most of their competition. They make lots of money. Anybody in any field wants fair compensation for their services.

alen1 likes this.
  10. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    :lol:

Come on man.....

Being paid at the top of your field is one thing.

Already being paid ludicrous amounts of money for doing so and DEMANDING absurd pay increases every single year that put's an undue strain on the very customers that make your living possible is another. It's the exact same mindset that has run corp. America into the ground. Why should we call them out and not these primadonna players?

11. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

Yeah I love the avatar. I don't know if it is coffee or hot chocolate (someone suggested tea... I don't see that?) but it is funny.

I understand that athletes need to feed their families but their immediate family or their whole family?

"we make a lot but we spend a lot".. no, try: "we spend a lot because we make a lot"

if the $$$ from your paychecks was dropped you'd find yourself spending less...

12. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    I don't think NFL players demands are really that absurd compared to their NBA and MLB counterparts. Plus, NFL has a salary cap to keep things under control. I think NFL players are the last ones to call out b/c they make less and run a much higher risk of serious injury.