1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will Allen to IR

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Lane1974, Sep 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

There is confusion here, but Allen wasn't eligible for the PUP list since he saw snaps during training camp. That is one of the conditions for anyone being put on the PUP list.

This has more to do with saving money more than Allen's condition to play. If he was able to come back in week 3, one would think that you roster him and just make due without him for the first two weeks (weeks in which you face a putrid Bills team and a very depleted Vikings receiving corps).

I am willing ot bet that Allen being placed on IR saved Ross a TON of money (since the contract is most likely insured) and thus, Ross just walked away with millions of dollars back in his pocket. Even if he WAS available for PUP (which he wasn't) I was expecting hi to land on IR for this very reason.

Allen is/was due 5.5 million in 2011. They aren't going to pay that. Unless he re-signs once his contract is eventually terminated next year, is up to him, but my guess is that he is done as a Dolphin.

Hell, Charlie Anderson, Charles Grant and Marques Douglas being cut saved 5.7 million in salary on their own. The business of the NFL...