1. SCall13 ThePhins QB

This is a quick read on Will Allen and his willingness to help out the rookie corners. Seems he was very happy that we drafted them this year.

Will Allen remembers being an eager rookie with the New York Giants in 2001. He wanted to learn, wanted to excel as an NFL cornerback. One time, he dared to ask the incumbent for some professional advice.

"The guy that I was brought in to take his position -- I'm not going to say his name -- I remember asking him a question and he told me to 'get in my book,' " Allen recalled Thursday after the Miami Dolphins' organized team activity. "He didn't answer it at all.

Read on: http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast

2. late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    I'm pretty sure that would be Dave Thomas
    Never mind I went and read the article - it was Thomas

3. Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    Allen is a gutsy, unselfish player. Love this guy. He didn't have a great run with the G-men, but he's really evolved into an awesome corner for us.

unluckyluciano and Nappy Roots like this.
  4. ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
  5. Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL

hes really exceeded my expectations since coming here. love Will

6. Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    I don't know how anyone could not love Will. He's everything you want in a player. Plays hard, helps his teammates, doesn't back down from a challenge, etc. People talk about how lucky Chad Henne is to have Pennington mentor him, but I'd say Vontae Davis and Sean Smith are just as lucky to have Will Allen mentor them.

Dolfan984 likes this.
  7. Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

A lot of this is because Will was offered assurance of his own position here via a two-year extension.

If he were heading into the last year of his contract, with the team doing nothing to extend him, and drafting two corners in rounds 1 and 2, I think that even if Will still helped them, he probably wouldn;t feel as warm and fuzzy about it. He'd feel more like he was being replaced.

That extension helped him reallyt be able to embrace a leadership/mentoring role without it digging his own grave.

unluckyluciano likes this.
  8. azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    We are seeing avery good transition in our teams makeup and chemistry.

I believe Will Allen is a big part of it.

It is really amazing to me how quickly our defepnsive backfield has gone from achillies heal to possibly one of the strongest units almost over night

Rocky Raccoon likes this.