1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will Davis standing out

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by UCF FINatic, May 4, 2013.

1. UCF FINatic

UCF FINatic The Miami Dolphins select

Apr 17, 2008
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8524/will-davis

It's early but I love hearing stuff like this. Especially after I questioned this pick some; looks like Boomer was right about this kid :up:

cuchulainn likes this.
  2. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Lets hope man, lets hope..the kid has talent and an attitude, lets hope all he was waiting for was the big stage..

If he can win the nickel job, and Taylor opposite of grimes, we will have a hell of a lot of speed and athleticism added to the secondary, and without question be the youngest team in football.

3. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    He still sounds like a 12 year old boy when he talks. If you guys haven't heard him yet, you HAVE to go to the official site and find his finsider audio interview.

4. Ray Lucas

Ray Lucas Member

Apr 19, 2012
    His highlights and combine make him look like a very promising player. I can't wait to see what she shows us this season.

5. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    I really think Davis has a better chance of playing early than Jamar Taylor.

6. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    Mike Gillislie also talks strange, nothing compared to Lamar Miller though

7. Lee2000

Lee2000 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Pearl, Mississippi
    I have viewed it the other way, but if Davis can play early that is a very good sign.

8. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    I think Jamar Taylor is going to come off a little gun shy and frustrating to the coaches in the early going. He didn't face a lot of speed at Boise State and it looked to me like when he's not sure what he's doing, he's very conservative in his coverage to the point where he could even allow big plays just by being conservative. Will Davis is more of a guy that errs on the side of too aggressive. His weakness to me seems to be physicality at the point of the catch, receivers who can use their hands well to get that last bit of separation, climb the ladder and snatch the football. Miami doesn't have a lot of that in its WRs unit so he won't be exposed for that weakness much in camp, and really the preseason is a crapshoot as far as what you get exposed to because you have so many players shuffling in and out of the lineups on both sides. Also Davis has inside/outside flexibility and to me his style matches with the style of this defense a little better.

I don't know that Will Davis will actually be any good in 2013, but I do think there's a decent chance he plays more than his more heralded teammate, in the early going.

9. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    He's the 1 I'll always peg as the Stedman Bailey pick, we'll him and Dion Sims.

ckparrothead likes this.
  10. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Yeah, I don't see Taylor as a slot cover guy, but either way our CBs will play alot, even if they aren't the named starters... I think the amount that Taylor plays is directly tied to Grimes recovery... The smoother it goes for Grimes, the less we'll see of Taylor...

11. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    I think it is always impulsive on the part of some fans who put too much into how players look in these type camps. They are not in uniform and they are running around in shorts and shirts. Many former players looked great in this type atmosphere but once they put on the gear and the real games started, they just weren't the same player on the field.

I hope Davis turns out to be a good player for the Dolphins, but I don't put much stock into how he is performing in what could be compared to a flag football game at this time.

MrClean likes this.
  12. STColeridge

STColeridge Banned

May 2, 2013
    If they are only in shorts, then all he can do is stand out in shorts. It may or may not translate to pads, but its better than a report of "third round pick Davis looked lost today in practice". The first step to being a good player is being good in early camps.

cuchulainn and djphinfan like this.
  13. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Knowing Wills rep for tackling and seeing him do so, I'm sure he's diggin the freeballin.lol...however football movement is important as well.

14. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Exactly.