1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will Dolphins regret Braylon Edwards moving to Jets?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Oct 7, 2009.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Will Dolphins regret Braylon Edwards moving to Jets?
    http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/spo...g/2009/10/will_dolphins_regret_braylon_e.html

TheAnswer385 likes this.
  2. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
  3. BwanaZulia

BwanaZulia New Member

May 12, 2008
    Hard to say his talent doesn't make us better... he swapped out a reach and got a guy who, if he wants to, can make a big difference.

The rest is wait and see:

- Can he keep his off the field stuff in check?

- Can he be coached up, now on a winning team?

- Can the rest of the leaders get him to focus and be a true threat?

Above all that, it is low risk trade with high rewards.

It makes this Monday Night game even better, can't wait to be there.

BZ

4. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Once again, the Jets are being near-sighted. Just like last season when they sank ALOT of money into the team to win now, and failed to make the playoffs.

They are not, despite a 3-1 record, a Super Bowl contending team. Their game against the Saints proved that. I assume they plan on paying Edwards when he becomes a FA, but nothing would surprise me with that franchise.

5. Hexonx

Hexonx Active Member

Sep 24, 2009
    If he learns how to catch the ball possibly, but I think Vincent Jackson would be a better option for the Dolphins.

6. Larry Little

Larry Little Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    He'll become merely an occasional difference-maker in NY, if he makes any difference at all. He's a physical specimen and a mental midget. He drops a lot of passes, and he's a 1st class jackass.

Basically, he's a perfect fit for the Jets.

He causes exactly ZERO concern for me. We drafted Davis and Smith to contend with WRs who are twice the player Edwards will ever be.

So... whatever. The Jets just got hosed by Mangini and don't know it, and their fans are acting like they just got Randy Moss. Too funny...

Clipse, SICK, Agua and 1 other person like this.
  7. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Can we merge all these Braylon Edwards threads. Its embarrassing that a NJ jet is dominating our board.

padre31 likes this.
  8. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    The immediate future benefits us, as your special teams and eavesdropping coach is better than ours. you losing your best special teamer helps. and watching the Dolphins on ST, one guy CAN make a difference.

The rest is wait and see:

theres a hundred guys like chansi out there, so no big loss.

a 3rd rounder is now the first pick of day 2, which is a very important pick.

but im not gonna be naive and say braylon sucks. he has shown extreme promise, and extreme disappointment. i dont think he'll be a tremendous factor in the next month. but we'll see. it wont shock me if he has some very good games too. a lot will come down to sanchez getting him the ball.

9. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    That 3rd rounder could also become a 2nd, according to Florio...

SICK likes this.
  10. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    not saying i wanted him in miami, but despite everything, the guy has a lot of talent

TheAnswer385 likes this.
  11. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

No, nuff said!:yes:

12. Larry Little

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    So did Mike Williams.

13. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    it is year two of the rebuilding processs
    the FrontOffice makes very few mistakes
    they know what they are doing

padre31 likes this.
  14. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    personally i rather have the draft picks. we need an ILB and possibly a safety and round three is a perfect place to pick one up. for the jets it benfits them this year. lets see if it benefits them two years from now

15. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    no
    however
    the jets might

16. finserg

finserg Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Linden,NJ
    I will take edwards over ginn any day,the guy has talent but needs someone to keep him in check.

17. finz810

finz810 Season Ticket Holder

lmao a winning team

18. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    my thoughts on Braylon?

He drops over a quarter of the passes thrown his way. Thats not smack, it's fact. He's got talent, he can make plays, but he's premature. You have to wonder about Braylon and Kellen Winslow. The browns saw what these two guys can do when their at their best, and they let both of them walk anyway.

Clearly these guys dont get it.

19. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Or clearly the browns don't get it... hence their continuous loosing.

20. Larry Little

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Not me. He's so full of himself, it's pitiful. Prima Donna #1 in the NFL is Terrell Owens... #2 is Braylon Edwards. I want to see the Dolphins get guys who love the game, and not guys who are more worried about their new custom Escalade and their 5-karat earrings.

I don't care how talented Edwards is... I wouldn't want him anywhere near the Dolphins roster. I already disliked the guy before he was drafted. I grew to hate him (like a vast majority of Browns fans did) when he was in Cleveland. Now that he's a Jet, it's like a 'perfect storm' of hate for me.

Welcome to New York, jackass. :up:

21. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    its possible. but the two guys in question are both idiots. Braylon got in trouble for going out in Cleveland, and now hes in New York.

As for Kellen, well, he's a soldier.

22. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    i highly doubt it does.

23. Larry Little

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    One more thing...

Rex Ryan and the Jests are under investigation for allegedly tampering with Crabtree, allegedly contacting his agent to tell him they'd be happy to pay the huge sum of money he's demanding if they could somehow trade for his rights, or if they (wink, wink) picked him in the 2010 draft... THEN, the Jets trade for Braylon Edwards on the same exact day Crabtree ends his holdout and signs with the 49ers. Interesting.

steveincolorado and padre31 like this.
  24. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

May 13, 2008
    Clermont, FL
    If it becomes a 2nd rounder, it means Edwards had a huge season with the Jets.

25. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    And he will want a huge contract this off season....

I pray that the NFL gets it together and there's no uncapped season(s).

Acting like the NY Yankees of football is gonna bite ya'll on the *** really soon.

steveincolorado likes this.
  26. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

May 13, 2008
    Clermont, FL
    If it produces 26 rings I am in.

27. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    If it were reality maybe....lol

This isn't baseball....you can't just keep digging in your pockets when the back end of all those contracts come due. You start trading guys away just to salvage something and waiving players you need but can't afford.

28. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    lol...for dallas right?

29. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Bottom line, what this trade tells me is just how close the AFC East is in talent, and what the Jets think about their team, virtually every serious team is now taking chances on talented players who have issues and giving them fast playing time:

1. Edwards to the Jets, 1 good season, 2 poor ones, lots of drops, hardly a rock solid #1 type Wr...but he "could" be.

2. Cam Wake saw the field, the man was stashed on the inactive list for the first two games and is experienced only in the CFL..JT/JP compliment? Maybe..

3. with Jerrod Mayo out the Pats are dusting off Seau for Pete's sake.

The Jets gave up a good Lb prospect in Trisnik (sp) in Mangini's quest to now be Parcellian gone to hell in a handbasket.

The thing about Edwards is, he is a better jump ball Wr, that is how he scored so many TD's in 07, Nacho Sanchez is not a jump ball passer, this could be a mismatch as Edward's is not known for great route running and Sanchez is not known for throwing up jump balls...

30. PS17

PS17 NYJ 2010!!!

Jun 20, 2009
    NYC
    DING DING DING!!!

We have a winner!
    Posted via Mobile Device

31. StLouisFinFan

StLouisFinFan New Member

Apr 28, 2008
    This is probably a point more people should pay attention to. Like it or not, Parcells, Sparano and Ireland are committed to bringing in guys who love football more than they love what football affords them. Is it more important for him to be the best SOB on the field when the whistle blows, or the best dressed with the biggest diamond earring when the press conference starts? They let JT, coming off of a Defensive Player of the Year showing, walk because he didn't exhibit this trait. When did they let him come back? When he showed that football was all that mattered. It's no coincidence.

32. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Banned

Oct 8, 2009
    Mod Edit: Refrain from using inappropriate language and treat the members here with the same amount of respect that you expect to receive, regardless of the team they root for.
    -Jt

finz810 likes this.
  33. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    All i am going to say is, im 100x happier that we drafted Brown in 2005 and not Edwards...

finz810 likes this.
  34. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Banned

Oct 8, 2009
    Braylon Edwards? Is that the same guy who couldn't catch a cold in Cleveland? Glad to find out that the Jets will draft 2 people again in the draft. Nice.

Those 3rd and 5th round picks might have netted you an actual player. Have fun with Braylon Edwards aka the guy who punches 5 foot 7 130 lb doormen and can't catch anything. He'll fit right in. New York, scumbags and a fat ****ing piece of **** named Rex who talks more sh*t than any coach in the NFL or any other league combined.