1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will Jason Taylor get Traded?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finatic8480, Dec 10, 2007.

Will Jason Taylor get Traded?

1. Yes

45 vote(s)
    72.6%
  2. No

17 vote(s)
    27.4%
  1. Finatic8480

Finatic8480 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Miami
    A bad team that has a premier DE is a luxuary for them, and we have to many wholes. JT is clearly not happy with this team and he is not getting any younger. The last two years all he does is complain, and this year he complained about the the draft, the season and the coaches. I think I speak for alot when I say JT has become a cancer for this team. So who thinks JT is traded this year?

I say he gets Traded we need players all overs this team wether we get a draft picks, players or a combination

Last edited: Dec 10, 2007
  2. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan New Member

Nov 23, 2007
    I dont think he does i think he will finsh his Carrer in miami

3. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Member

Nov 26, 2007
    I dunno, I think it will depend on what this organization looks like come mini camps . . . he definitely has trade value . . . despite having an off year . . . I wouldn't mind seeing him finish his career here . . . but I think if he wants to be traded, and we can get value for him . . . . u do the trade.

I don't think u trade JT, if he comes to u and says he doesn't wanna be traded . . . him and Zach are 2 guys who I think have EARNED the right to decide if they wanna finish their careers as Dolphins.

I think it is entirely possible he gets traded . . . if its to the right situation . . . maybe an AFC West team . . . and I'm guessing a high #2, or a 3rd rounder.

4. Finatic8480

Finatic8480 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Miami
    We got a second for CC, for JT it would probably be a 2nd and maybe a lile more. The question we have to ask ourselves is does JT want to finish with us and to me the answer is, no.

5. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Member

Nov 26, 2007

Chambers wasn't 34 either . . . and the Chargers needs a young veteran WR with #1 potential. Chambers can play another 7 years or so.

JT plays MAYBE another year or 2 . . . maybe retires after this season . . . teams aren't giving up 2nd rounders for JT, unless its a team who can afford to do that . . . who have a need at DE and are making a run at a title (Indy? . . if they lose Freeney?)

6. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Charles Haley comes to mind, a situational pass rusher can take a good team higher up the food chain.

7. lbmclean_sj

lbmclean_sj New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    I think Cam stays and JT goes

8. Finatic8480

Finatic8480 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Miami
    I think theyboth are gonners, trust me. Never tought JT was gonna become such a Primadona, but I guess losing brings out the true person in you

9. SMOKE

SMOKE Member

Nov 26, 2007
    I don't see Wayne H. allowing Cameron to push JT or Zach out the door. I believe he actually commented on this at the London game. If I remember right, he said both of them will be back next year unless they want to be traded or retire. So if either of them are not in Miami next season it will be because they chose not to be. At least thats how I hope it happens.

10. Pauly

Pauly Season Ticket Holder

Nov 29, 2007
    JT has been a cancer all year. Which is a pity considering he is the best defensive player we've had in the past 30 years, but he needs to go. The vibe I'm getting is that he believes he is more important to the team than the coaching staff, whether or not that's true it is a very unhealthy belief to allow to fester.

11. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Either JT is here and Cam is gone, or vice versa....that or both are gone. I think we need to trade JT and get the highest pick available.

12. Dtronic

Dtronic Season Tickets Sec. 150

Dec 7, 2007
    Cape Coral FL
    JT needs to go. He's really hurt the team this year more than helped it. Never thought I'd say that.

13. magnum

magnum New Member

Dec 9, 2007
    The time has come. Jason Taylor needs to be traded to a NFC playoff team. And get the highest draft pick avaliable.

14. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Yes.

JT has successfully mouthed his way off this team.

15. magnum

magnum New Member

Dec 9, 2007
    what is the cap hit on Jason Taylor, if traded.

16. Idahophin

Idahophin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Snake River Plain

I agree. :up:

17. namor

namor New Member

Nov 25, 2007
    The next coach needs to trade JT.
    There is NO sane reason Cam is here next year.

18. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    JT will be gone. Cameron will be back.

IMO that's how it will turn out. It's a business, JT wasn't helping Cameron in the past he was with us... All JT is helping Cameron is giving him even more headaches by being a nuisance.

19. abNORMal

abNORMal New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Toledo, Ohio
    BS....the dumb a-- coaches need to figure out what JT was doing last year and do that sh-- again!!! You do not go from DPOY, to the season JT is having now unless the coaches changed the scheme or the other teams have adjusted how he was used last year, in which case or coaches need to figure out a counter move.....Trade him for what, a draft pick...you won't get anybody better. younger yes, better no..we can keep him and draft his eventual successor to be groomed until JT either sucks or retires!!!

20. GridIronKing34

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I introduce you to the million dollar man, Dom Capers. :up:

21. namor

namor New Member

Nov 25, 2007
    If Cam is back next year,it will set the franchise back even farther.
    Please SOMEBODY give me (1)....just (1) SANE reason ,Cam deserves to be back next year....cripes..next week,for that
    matter.

22. Bonedoc7777

Bonedoc7777 New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    JT is starting to be a pain the you know what, if he is not happy here then trade him

23. larfo2224

larfo2224 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Box Elder, South Dakota
    I think that JT is gonna be traded at his own request. I dont believe that we will actively seek a trade unless he comes out and requests it. I also do not believe that we will get much more than a low second rounder or a third rounder for him.

24. Carabinieri44

Carabinieri44 New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    it will be sad to see him go, but we NEED to clean the house and trade and get some picks. imo, JT has a good 4-5 years left in him....Michael Strahan and Junior Seau are still playing well, why cant JT? JT has made quite a few sacks this season, so u cant say hes doing poorly.

SOME team in desperate need of a DE, will give us a high 2nd, low 1st for him.

then u have Zach Thomas, some team will give up a 4th or 3rd for him. and personally id trade Holliday, and if some team wants to give us a high pick for Porter, let him go too.

but about the coaches...everytime u get a new coach, it sets ur team back ONE year.

25. abNORMal

abNORMal New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Toledo, Ohio
    If JT was happy at 0-13, I would drive down to Miami and kick his a--.

If gas prices weren't so high...yeah...that's, that's what I'd do...I'm just saying...

26. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    If Cameron returns, JT may be out. And I'd rather have JT than Cameron.

27. abNORMal

abNORMal New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Toledo, Ohio
    Dang, dude you understood that rant....but, I don't know who is more to blame Dom or Cam or Wayne or JT or me (for continuing to watch)

28. namor

namor New Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Even *****ing JT has value...Cam has NO value.

29. sws84

sws84 Season Ticket Holder

Nov 25, 2007
    Well said, Bro! I think that is part of his plan. I believe he will always say that he wanted to finish his career as a dolphin, but secretly and behind the scenes he wants to bail out on us and get traded to a contender where he can get a ring.

We all want to win, but this reminds me of a friend of mine who seems to change teams like he does his underwear. When the 49ers were dominant that is all I heard about, then it was the Cowboys, and now it is the Patriots. He has no loyalty or pride and always rubs my nose in it because he is with a winner and I am not. I have no respect for him, and after I read about JT being a cancer these last few weeks, I have no respect for JT. He was my favorite player on the Dolphins, but now I can't wait until his sorry butt is off the team!

Steve :)

(P.S. sorry about the rant, but I am bitter as heck about our team right now. I want to see improvement and obviously for lots of reasons we have actually regressed. Right now, just about all of the players and coaches are on my #@*% list!!)

30. DeDolfan

DeDolfan Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Rehoboth Beach
    he may decide to retire!!

31. NorFlaFin

NorFlaFin Active Member

Saban was very careful to involved the Veterans during his coaching/takeover of the Dolphins. You can google for the very article.

Cam on the other hand has said my way or the highway.......

32. AXXO

AXXO Banned

Dec 11, 2007
    NO! CAM GETS FIRED!!!!

He had done enough damage getting rid of good players in 07!

33. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Who?

Wes Welker?
    Sammy Morris?
    Randy McMike?
    Daunte Culpepper?
    Chris Chambers?

I have a news flash, we would be a bad team if we still had all of those guys.

Atleast Cam has got some youth on this team, and seems to of had a good draft . . . combine that with the unfortune of injuries, and he probably should be guaranteed another year on that.

However I won't guarantee him another year if he brings a team that has completely quit on the field these last 3 weeks.

34. AXXO

AXXO Banned

Dec 11, 2007
    YES!!!!

Those players all helped other teams win games!!! You forgot to mention David Bowens!!!

Good Draft?

TED GINN: Cam and Randy most know something all the experts did not know on draft day. How about finding the endzone and not muffing punts for a change.

John Beck: See Koy & Ty Detmer let me know how those careers went. BUST!

Satelie: We allready had a young veteran center in Hadnot.

L.Booker: The only decent pick and he was shelved for 75% of the season for nothing.

35. AXXO

AXXO Banned

Dec 11, 2007
    1 thing I forgot to mention. I respect Jason Taylor and so Does Wayne. Sources close to the team have reported that Taylor does not want to play for Cameron next season.

The Fans that are on Finheaven represent a small fraction of the Miami Fan base that are here locally. The Fans that pay the tickets to go to the stadium want Cameron GONE!!! There are no I support Cam signs being waved at Fins games.

36. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Member

Nov 26, 2007
    News Flash . . . we went 5 years with those "VETERAN" players, and we didn't make the playoffs then either, and those guys were getting older as well.

Its sad to see that u call Ginn out because he muffed one punt last game IN THE SNOW . . . Ginn has shown nothing but REMARKABLE hands all season, much better than advertised, and had 2 kicks called back on horrible calls . . he has been the only decent WR we have had this season.

Satele - He is already much better than Hadnot, and he is still a rookie . . . if u cant see that, u are blind as hell.

Booker - who knows why he was shelved, but by u saying that he was our best pick, shows that you are a bandwagon jumper when it comes to players playing good. U only give props to players who have a good game this week, and trash the players who had a bad game.

37. GridIronKing34

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Very irrational thinking. Let's look at all the guys let go or traded.

Wes Welker: We were forced to give him up. The fact of the matter is, we got a great deal (2nd and a 7th) and we had to give him up. We would be paying him way too much money in guarantees because the Patriots had a clause where Welker would make such and such dollar amount if he played more than 4 games in Miami. We were given a poison pill, but we got a good deal for it.

Chris Chambers: We're in rebuilding mode. I didn't like the Chambers trade one bit but I understood that the value is there. And I'm talking about, I am one of the biggest Chris Chambers fans around but I actually understood why e.

Sammy Morris: Morris is overrated, plain and simple. He did well in New England simply because look at New England. Their offensive line is one of the best in the league and having Tom Brady as your quarterback is like a gift from God.

Daunte Culpepper: Please be joking? Daunte didn't fit our offense. Culpepper has shown signs but he will never regain form. I guarantee it.

Randy McMichael: McMichael has all the tools but he just couldn't stay out of trouble in Miami. How many times did he assault his wife? One too many in my opinion. Cameron is all about character players... notice how Fred Evans got the boot after getting those charges? It's all about character... the Patriots haven't had one player on the "PFT Turd Watch"... Character players must mean something to a team, especially one that is 13-0.

David Bowens: I wanted to retain Bowens but he wanted to go somewhere where he would receive more playing time other than Jason Taylor's substitute. Bowens was a good player, but he wasn't worth the money that he received from New York.

Kevin Carter: Carter played very well in Miami, but the fact is he was getting paid way too much. Matt Roth was showing a lot of promise and Carter was the one who received the boot. Cameron made this more even by signing Joey Porter. It was Capers who couldn't fit his players in the scheme the first few weeks that made the mistake, not Cameron.

As far as the draft goes... Please be kidding me. Cameron and Mueller drafted very well and most of the draft class looks promising.

Ted Ginn: Ginn has been excellent with route running, not dropping the ball, and making plays on kick/punt returns. He has returned one punt for a TD and two kick returns for TDs, although both were negated. One of them was clearly a bad call but the other was a little bit understandable. Ginn is looking to be a good player and I think he'll shine more next year when we have a healthy Ronnie Brown and an offense with more weapons. And he only muffed one punt, quit making him out to be Devin Hester of last year.

John Beck: John Beck is a mature quarterback who I expect to make a big splash next year. The offensive line can't protect Beck because they can't keep the pocket open long enough for him to make a decision (I'm talking one second and Beck is down.) I think Beck will sit the remaining games unless we get a win (I doubt he plays versus the Pats.) I expect Beck to receive the majority of the reps with the first team next year which will really help the chemistry with the offense.

Oh and you're talking about BYU QBs.. Coy Detmer didn't even play at BYU, although Ty Detmer did. Sure he was a bust... but let's name another BYU QB... Steve Young? HOFer. Basically, don't make irrelevant comparisons because there is always one that will go against you as well as for you.

Samson Satele: Satele is looking to be our future center for years and he allowed Hadnot return to his natural position at guard. Satele's athleticism has shown that he can be a force for years and when you watched him earlier in the year you can tell that he's going to be a player.

Lorenzo Booker: You've seen him make the catches and make people miss. You've seen him turn 1 yard gains into 8-10 yard gains. I think Booker will be a good change of pace back or possibly a WR next year. Booker is great out of the backfield and it was a very good value pick on Cameron and Mueller's part.

Paul Solai: I really haven't seen much of the kid but when we drafted him he was a project player because he had raw talent. Supposedly could have been a late first round pick but something happened to lower his draft status, I don't remember what. If Solai shows any signs of greatness, it won't be until next year or even the year after that IMO.

We also drafted guys like Reagan Mauia, Brandon Fields, and some others who are getting playing time and doing well for themselves. Field has been off as of late but I think he will be fine. Mauia is looking pretty good too, he did beat out the Sledge during TC if that means anything.

Maybe I'm optimistic or something, but I don't really think we had made terrible moves... I think we got hit by a lot of injuries and luck never turned our way. Terrible excuse, possibly... but it is what it is.

38. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Member

Nov 26, 2007
    They have a right to be upset . . . especially for the money they dish our for season tickets . . . I haven't been to a Fins game this year, but I don't think that makes me less of a fan.

They need to be more upset with the neglect that has been going on with this team for years . . . and they are actually seeing that a bit with the Heat. Miami sold their soul to get Shaq and luckily got their championship . . . but its gonna be bad for a while with them as well, because the young players aren't playing, and the Heat haven't made the best personnel decisions for the long haul of the team.

Cam may end up being the fall guy, but its far from being all of his fault.

39. GridIronKing34

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    We're sorry that we don't live in Miami. We really are, but that doesn't make the local fans better than us.

I do respect Jason Taylor... I don't like his attitude and I could care less what he use to do for the team. What he is doing for the team now is unexplainable for a team captain. He needs the boot.

40. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Amazing, a post so laughable I find myself in the position of defending Cam.

Ted Ginn is all we have right now, he is our offense and only chance for a fast score, he is averaging more yds per catch then Calvin Johnson is, and is in the top three KR in yards gained, did you notice the 50 yd bomb he caught Sunday?

Hadnot? Satele is better in every regard then Rex Hadnot at center, he found a home at Guard, and he is a Free Agent after the season, think we might want to have guy to replace him before he goes?

Booker should have played sooner, but he also is not a good blocker, if you noticed the game on Sunday, blitzer were in the backfield as soon as Beck got the ball, why do you suppose that is?

McMike? He led the league in drops, and he has done -0- in St Louis, why do you suppose that is?

Welker was leaving either way, we were fortunate to receive a #2 pick for him a swell as a 7th and we saved cap space

CC? 7 million against the cap next season, in the preseason there was talk that he would be released this season to save the 7 million next season, we got a #2 pick out of him, that is addition by subtraction.

Have you noticed what David Bowens has done with the Jets?

Solventur risu tabaulae.