1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will quarterback for food: Why Culpepper, Leftwich can't find work

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by ATVZ400, Jun 15, 2008.

1. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Slowest African American Quarterback I have ever seen. My god, what happen to his genes?

2. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    I thought it was because they both sucked:pointlol:

3. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    And then we swapped for him Trent Green. :pity:

alen1 likes this.
  4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    You mean scrambled eggs?

5. phinfanuk

phinfanuk Season Ticket Holder

Dec 19, 2007
    I think that's some overstatement there, Culpepper was the best quarterback in the game next to Manning. Green can never lay claim to that.

6. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina

You can argue that Green was better, but I don't know where the idea comes from that Culpepper was crap before the injury, he had seasons that were amazing. The guy got hurt and without his mobility he can't be the same qb, its not all Moss.

7. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida

When you take into account rushes, Culpepper had a turnover rating slightly less than Tom Brady per touch. I did a huge write up about that a couple years back. No idea what the numbers would look like after the injury though.

The turnover machine label just happens to be there because he handled the ball a lot.

8. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    Heh, I'm not surprised at all.

Culpepper was a clear liability while he was here.
    The weaknesses people started to pick up in his game post Moss era were the same problems he had in college.

He can't read a defense to save his life, he holds onto the ball way too long and his scrambling abilities are now gone due to a bum knee. Most of his success came after a play would break down because of his scrambling ability and his ability to shrug off would be sackers cause he was the size of a house himself.

Anyone STILL going to argue what a mistake it was for Miami to let him go and question whether this franchise knew what they were doing playing hardball with him?

9. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    One thing you can say about Culpepper is that he has a tremendous completion percentage. I believe the highest in the history of the league. Now you have to wonder how much of that was contributed by Randy Moss who is arguably the most talented player to ever hit the NFL.

10. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    That's post injury though. I've seen a bunch of his early games, and most of them were just about as good as the stats show.

Now I will be the first to say he is washed up and the injury took it out of him. He did have it at one point though. Just not in Miami.

Aqua4Ever04 likes this.