1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Willis McGahee may be cut before seasons end

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by Jackson, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Jackson

Jackson Bruce Banner

Mar 24, 2008
    Connecticut/Florida
    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

It would be stunning, but Preston has the inside track in Baltimore. He says McGahee has "angered" Ravens officials with his consistently poor work ethic and "doesn't know his plays" in the new offense

I can't imagine them letting him go without getting something in return but with Cam running the offense you never know what type of crazy decisions they will make in Baltimore. Hopefully he will just stick to offense and not try to give the head coach any advice

2. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    I don't see it happening. Traded maybe but certainly not cut. Then again, we do have waiver priority and it seems we can never have too many RB's on the roster. :lol:

padre31 likes this.
  3. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Oof. Normally I'm with you, but that depends... is LT whining, Westbrook hurt, and Jackson holding out? If so, McGahee is more than welcome. :lol:

Um... what? Please list crazy decisions Cameron has made in the capacity of offensive coordinator. And I would think that Cameron wants McGahee around; he has a thing for multi-talented RBs.

Anyway, the source of this "report" is the speculation of a beat writer. I think we've all dealt with the antics of guys like Armando enough to take this with a dump truck of salt.

4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    He won't get cut. He's their starting RB until Ray Rice proves himself. I expect McGahee's name to pop up in next years trade rumors/speculation.

5. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    While true, he is a good running back like you said and you don't want to get rid of him if you don't have someone who can do the job. I can't see them moving him right now unless they have that much confidence in Rice. McGahee says he will be ready for the opener but I personally don't know if he will. I think he could miss a couple games. If he misses games and Rice shows his talent, McGahee is gone next year via trade.

Speaking of Rice, he has been impressive this off-season and pre-season. He had a 64 yard run against a very good Vikings defense and did a job well done against them. Again its pre-season but if he does impress which I expect, look for McGahee to be gone next off-season.

6. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Rice is definitely a good RB, but there's no way they get rid of McGahee so quickly. They gave up quite a bit to get him, and he's their only offensive talent right now.

7. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I guarantee you that if they can find a suitor for McGahee, he will be gone next year (of course pending on Rice's play).

Only offensive talent on the team? A guy who NOBODY ever talks about is Derrick Mason. He's a very good receiver. Mason gives very similar production to Larry Fitzgerald. Why? He has the highest success rate percentage against any corner among receiver's who had 100 balls thrown their way. Why do I say Fitzgerald? Fitzgerald had the same percentage of success as Mason. Another thing is that he did catch 100 passes last year, one of six WR's to do so and I believe Fitzgerald was also one of those six. What benefits Fitzgerald is the fact that he's got another top WR on the other side of him in Boldin where Mason has a young, Mark Clayton whose not nearly as good as Boldin.

8. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    hehe good thing i drafted ray rice in my fantasy league weeee!

9. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Unless you have McGahee, Rice is useless from a fantasy perspective.

Sorry, but I'm not a Mason guy. I realize that he can put up numbers, but I don't see him as a game-changing talent. He'll do the job, but if I'm an OC, I'm worrying about McGahee first and foremost.

10. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    I think Houston would be the top suitor for him.

11. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Not really, McGahee isn't really known for being a ironman. Rice is a solid pick.

12. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Of course a DC worries about McGahee first as he is a good talent and the guy who makes that offense run. Your original post said that McGahee was the only offensive talent on that team. I kindly disagree with your opinion as I think Mason is a very good receiver since he has produced good numbers the last eight years.

13. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Makes me glad I added Rudi Johnson and Fred Taylor as insurance.

14. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Rice is a stud and will play more than Willis anyway.

15. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Does he fit in that one-cut and go scheme? I know they like Slaton a lot and expect him to be the feature back this season since Ahman Green and Chris Brown are out right now. I don't think Slaton can be the focal point of the offense because of his size but if they can find a guy to split carries with him, then it would be a good running attack.

At this point I'm not sure. There have been reports that said he is expect to take carries away from McGahee but then I believe Cameron came out and said that he is expecting a heavier workload than last season for McGahee.

16. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Yes... thus the concept of a handcuff pick. :lol:

I'm not taking Rice if I don't already have McGahee. No point to it. In fact, I had a chance to pick up Rice off waivers and instead took Tim Hightower, who IMO will get more playing time than Rice over the course of the season.