Winless for Winston
79 replies
"Alex44 wrote:
....Do you actually believe he will be a good NFL QB though? I actually hate him as a human being...but putting that aside and being objective.
He has decent to good arm strength but his ball wobbles a lot.
He has decent accuracy but usually throws to the body and not the hands (doesn't lead receivers)
And hearing him speak, he is dumb as a rock with no command of the English language.
On a personal level, I would never watch a Dolphin game again until he left.
He is not dumb. He is country.
He maintains a 4.0 GPA at FSU, and was an honor student in High School.
@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/
"Section126 wrote:
He is not dumb. He is country.
He maintains a 4.0 GPA at FSU, and was an honor student in High School.
He's from the Sticks of Alabama and people expect him to speak like a Harvard grad. It's disgusting that people have no leeway for cultures.
It's like someone coming from another country and 10 years later still has trouble with the language. Are they idiots too?
Disgusting.
Wilson Performance on Facebook
Wilson Performance on Twitter
:hammertime::hammertime:
"Nappy Roots wrote:
Both are big and black. So they must be the same.
Really, that is what you reply with. Just ignorant.

Thanks to the Darkmistress for the Sweet Sig!
"We got a dose of shut-up," nose tackle Kris Jenkins said
"orangefinfan wrote:
Really, that is what you reply with. Just ignorant.
Lol. You comparing the two is ignorant. Literally there are 3 things that they have in common. Their big. Their black. They play QB.
Please enlighten why you compare the two.
Wilson Performance on Facebook
Wilson Performance on Twitter
:hammertime::hammertime:
So I guess he's suppose to be the best public speaker in the history of public speaking after winning the National Championship in front of the entire country, at 20 years old?
Cut him some slack.
"The_Dark_Knight wrote:
Okay, I really...REALLY hate doing this but facts are facts. Let's look at the list of Heisman Trophy winning quarterbacks and the number of Super Bowls they have won...
2011 Robert Griffin III...0
2010 Cam Cameron...0
2008 Sam Bradford...0
2007 Tim Tebow...0
2006 Troy Smith...0
2004 Matt Leinart...0
2003 Jason White...0
2002 Carson Palmer...0
2001 Eric Crouch...0
2000 Chris Weinke...0
1996 Danny Wuerffel...0
1993 Charlie Ward...0
1992 Gino Torretto
1990 Ty Detmer...0
1989 Andre Ware...0I could keep going, but you'd have to go all the way back to the 1970 Heisman Trophy winner, Jim Plunkett before you find a Heisman Trophy winning quarterback that won a Super Bowl. Everyone here bangs the "been there, done that" drum and gets angry when the Dolphins keep doing things that don't work.
Why would we want a tried and failed history?
You mean that guy that said "Turn those thumbs the other way around"?
🎃
I see over hyped Qb's that have talent but like Jamarcus, Winston will have a hard time translating to the NFL because I feel that he will have a hard time reading coverages. Maybe Winston develops further due to him only being a Freshman. I don't know. He might have a high GPA but football knowledge is something different.

Thanks to the Darkmistress for the Sweet Sig!
"We got a dose of shut-up," nose tackle Kris Jenkins said
People seriously speaking definitively on him as a prospect already? He's a freshman. He's 20 years old.
Nappy, I could be wrong but that's how I feel when watching him play.

Thanks to the Darkmistress for the Sweet Sig!
"We got a dose of shut-up," nose tackle Kris Jenkins said
"orangefinfan wrote:
I see over hyped Qb's that have talent but like Jamarcus, Winston will have a hard time translating to the NFL because I feel that he will have a hard time reading coverages. Maybe Winston develops further due to him only being a Freshman. I don't know. He might have a high GPA but football knowledge is something different.
I don't see how he can have a high GPA turning in papers using grammar like "we gots to".
On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.
I'll give it another year for evaluation, but I have Marcus Mariotta as my top Qb for next year at this point.

"Alex44 wrote:
I don't see how he can have a high GPA turning in papers using grammar like "we gots to".
Possible, though, that he doesn't write the way he speaks.
"orangefinfan wrote:
I see over hyped Qb's that have talent but like Jamarcus, Winston will have a hard time translating to the NFL because I feel that he will have a hard time reading coverages. Maybe Winston develops further due to him only being a Freshman. I don't know. He might have a high GPA but football knowledge is something different.
And yea, since he clearly showed in his first college season, as a freshman, that he couldn't read coverages...oh yea. I forgot, he clearly could read coverages.
Wilson Performance on Facebook
Wilson Performance on Twitter
:hammertime::hammertime:
I cannot believe that someone compared Winston to Jamarcus. :pity:
"Vertical Limit wrote:
No thanks.... in college he's great but as a prospect... he's not that good and I pity the franchise that puts their franchise on his shoulders.... You might as well build around Tajh Boyd if that's the kind of quarterback you want.
Also his football wobbles a lot because he has an inverted knuckle on his ring finger from his throwing hand, and it's permanent...
Not sure why you gotta get racist with it.
"orangefinfan wrote:
I see over hyped Qb's that have talent but like Jamarcus, Winston will have a hard time translating to the NFL because I feel that he will have a hard time reading coverages. Maybe Winston develops further due to him only being a Freshman. I don't know. He might have a high GPA but football knowledge is something different.
Damn, another racist. :pity:
"The_Dark_Knight wrote:
Okay, I really...REALLY hate doing this but facts are facts. Let's look at the list of Heisman Trophy winning quarterbacks and the number of Super Bowls they have won...
2011 Robert Griffin III...0
2010 Cam Cameron...0
2008 Sam Bradford...0
2007 Tim Tebow...0
2006 Troy Smith...0
2004 Matt Leinart...0
2003 Jason White...0
2002 Carson Palmer...0
2001 Eric Crouch...0
2000 Chris Weinke...0
1996 Danny Wuerffel...0
1993 Charlie Ward...0
1992 Gino Torretto
1990 Ty Detmer...0
1989 Andre Ware...0I could keep going, but you'd have to go all the way back to the 1970 Heisman Trophy winner, Jim Plunkett before you find a Heisman Trophy winning quarterback that won a Super Bowl. Everyone here bangs the "been there, done that" drum and gets angry when the Dolphins keep doing things that don't work.
Why would we want a tried and failed history?
I've no idea either way on Winston as a prospect, but do you really think this is relevant?
There's one superbowl winning QB each year and at most 1 Heisman winning quarterback each year. The odds alone are against someone winning both.
I don't think the success or otherwise of previous Heisman winners has anything to do with the prospects for current / future winners.
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
"Where there is no vision, there is no hope"
@ 12 years old he knew more about the game of football than 2/3s of ThePhins posters. Baller.

but **** going 0-16 or anywhere close. Fire Ireland + Sign olineman + Draft well = playoffs.
edit: Winston needs glasses/contacts and doesn't wear them on gameday... That's kind of weird. I imagine he'd be even better @ 20/20.
"orangefinfan wrote:
Nappy, I could be wrong but that's how I feel when watching him play.
Sorry my responses are so dickish.
It just boggles my mind that a redshirt freshman, graduates high school with a 4.0 GPA. Gets drafted into MLB. Passes on that opportunity to go to college. Maintains a 4.0 GPA, in college. Is extremely passionate about the game, while is an amazing leader of the team. As a red shirt freshman, leads his team on to an undefeated championship season, that he capped off by driving 80 yards in 60 seconds to win it. Oh yea, while winning the heisman trophy and having that on his back. And people turn around and call him an idiot and say he can't read coverages. It's ****ing blasphemy honestly.
Will he be a great NFL QB? I don't know yet. But he's certainly not the passionless Jamarcus Russell. In fact, he is actually almost the exact opposite of what Russell was.
Wilson Performance on Facebook
Wilson Performance on Twitter
:hammertime::hammertime:
"phinsational wrote:
Damn, another racist. :pity:
Racist?? Maybe you shouldn't be throwing around accusations without a single piece of evidence. I am pretty sure nothing I said could be ever be construed as racist.

Thanks to the Darkmistress for the Sweet Sig!
"We got a dose of shut-up," nose tackle Kris Jenkins said
"orangefinfan wrote:
Racist?? Maybe you shouldn't be throwing around accusations without a single piece of evidence. I am pretty sure nothing I said could be ever be construed as racist.
It can be viewed that way because you compared two polar opposites. Because their black.
A more accurate comparison would be Big Ben. Doesn't mean he turns out as good, but their games are very similar.
Wilson Performance on Facebook
Wilson Performance on Twitter
:hammertime::hammertime:
"Nappy Roots wrote:
It can be viewed that way because you compared two polar opposites. Because their black.
A more accurate comparison would be Big Ben. Doesn't mean he turns out as good, but their games are very similar.
Maybe I should gain approval from the posters on this forum as to who the consensus approves so I can compare an athlete to, so I am not called derogatory names.

Thanks to the Darkmistress for the Sweet Sig!
"We got a dose of shut-up," nose tackle Kris Jenkins said
"orangefinfan wrote:
I see over hyped Qb's that have talent but like Jamarcus, Winston will have a hard time translating to the NFL because I feel that he will have a hard time reading coverages. Maybe Winston develops further due to him only being a Freshman. I don't know. He might have a high GPA but football knowledge is something different.
Clearly.
Please don't label someone a Rapist unless he has been indicted, charged and found guilty. My best friend was arrested and charged with Rape, the Police called him a Rapist, the local media was calling him a Rapist and reporting him in the news as a Rapist, people on the street were referring to him as a Rapist, he was suspended from work. The teenage female who accused him of Rape was his sister in law. This went on for several weeks until one detective starting seeing problems in her story. He and another detective started looking at the "victim" and her story and accusation fell apart. They found out she had gotten in trouble with her parents after staying out all night with a boyfriend and she told her parents she had been Raped by her brother in law. It took a long time for my friend to recover from his ordeal but he was the victim, not a Rapist! I am not a big Winston fan, but the Police didn't charge him, the victim waited a year to even accuse him and the State Attorney didn't see enough to file charges or to convene a Grand Jury. A true Rapist doesn't deserve any sympathy and deserves everything he gets. A young 20 year old shouldn't be labeled from unproven accusations.