1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

With TGJ gone, is there anyone left on the current roster who NEEDS to be jetisoned?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Vinny Fins, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Vinny Fins

Vinny Fins Feisty Brooklyn dolfan ️‍

Oct 26, 2009
    Bklyn
    Before the Dansby signing, I would've said Crowder, but KD should be able to get Channing to contribute again.

Gerbil, Peezy and TGJ were the three guys WE HAD TO DITCH from a chemistry / competitiveness standpoint in my mind, but I'm curious if there's anyone currently on the team we can't soldier on with this season.

eric likes this.
  2. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Lousaka Pol... JUST KIDDING :P

3. SuperMarksBros.

SuperMarksBros. Active Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Not that we have to get rid of Ronnie...but a 2nd for a talented but injury prone RB(most dispensible position in football)? yeah, i'll take it.

4. bluehaze

bluehaze New Member

Dec 24, 2009
    We've already created enough holes, definitely don't need to be releasing anyone else at this point. Have to fill the holes through the draft then reevaluate.

cdz12250 likes this.
  5. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    An interesting question depending on who on here you talk to. I keep hearing some people say Ronnie Brown should be traded due to his injury history. Its been a while since I have heard Jason Allen's name, but I know at one time he was a topic of conversation as being a first round bust. I know he hasn't lived up to his draft selection, but he is athletic.
    Channing Crowder may have better production with Dansby alongside. A lot of people expected Crowder to fill Zac Thomas shoes and thats a tall order.

DHPVW and felly smarts like this.
  6. felly smarts

felly smarts New Member

Jun 24, 2008
    I like CC. I think we had a locker room issue with Peezy. I think it greatly affected our performance on the field. I look for CC to have a good year. As for Jason Allen, he's gonna get it some day. He's gonna wake up and it's all gonna come together for him. I think he will be fine someday.

7. bluehaze

bluehaze New Member

Dec 24, 2009
    We don't NEED to jetison Ronnie, in a perfect world we would trade Ronnie for a second and replace him with an equal or better level of talent vs. keeping him another year then letting him go for nothing as a FA.

However in the real world we still NEED Ronnie and any thought of "jettisoning" him is ridiculous. If the opportunity presents itself to trade him for a high draft pick sure you take advantage of it but it's still a gamble and part of the game you have to play to be succesful but if it happens it sets us back a year in the process and makes us a worse team next year so anyone that names Ronnie as a player that NEEDS to be jettisoned as the title suggests is out of their mind.

8. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    Crowder. He still trash talks way too much, and can't back it up on the field. Not sayin' he has to go now, as he may be a serviceable ILB playing long side Dansby. But, I will so enjoy the day he is no longer a Dolphin.

9. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    Pat White.... and I'd take anything that was offered. Even moving up in a round..

The reason I'd vote him off the island is so that the coaches will focus less on the gimmicks and more on the base offense. If he's not here, there's no temptation to pull Henne off the field to send White out there to run an option play.

Keep Ronnie, keep running some wildcat but other than that, give the rest of those snaps to what should be a very potent base offense.

As far as Pat White in the wildcat? All he brings to it is the ability to throw.... we needed a guy that could do what Ronnie Brown can do and throw. White lacks the speed and physical presence to replace any of the backs we use in that formation..IMO

I think we can make better use of that roster spot...

10. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    Jason Allen was the whipping post before Ginn so I can only figure that he'll go back to it again.

resnor likes this.
  11. bakedmatt

bakedmatt Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    For what, a fifth round pick? No thanks.

12. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    Pat White, absoloutely! You can defend the guy all day if you want too, but he did nothing for us on the field and topped it off by getting knocked the heck out in the last game. Yes he was a great college player, but NFL history is loaded with great college players who failed at the NFL level. Gotta Go, Gotta Go!

13. Phinatic425

Phinatic425 MIA State of Mind

Feb 19, 2010
    Upper Left Corner
    Trade White...Def not worth picking in the second round

14. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

I'd normally agree that we don't want to create a hole that isn't there, but with the situation we have with the RBs (Brown, injury and contract...Williams, age and contract) IF someone were to offer a 2nd round pick...I'd take it in a heartbeat. And I'm a huge Brown fan. But IF that were to happen, we'd HAVE to get his replacement in the draft....

That said....ain't gonna happen....no one will cough up a second for Brown. He's worth it, but given his injury history and contract issues...won't happen. If someone wants him, they can wait until his contract expires next offseason and get him then, additionally, they would get to see that he is healthy as well...

15. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

Not that I agree, but I believe this FO will trade RB to recoop the second in this draft and also trade down to recoop the second in 2011 while staying in the first but in the 20 somethings.

As for White I don't know what to say other than if he shows no improvement this preseason I don't see him making the final cut to 53. Will they get something for him? At this point I think they don't know the answers themselves.

Back to RB for a minute I think the trading of Brown is only waiting on him to sign his tender and then it will be a done deal. And yes they have in mind who they want but I'm betting it won't be someone in the upper rounds.

DolfanJake likes this.
  16. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Yeh...your not gonna get any trade value for White right now....after last season...you could question if he even belonged in the NFL....much less have any value. I think you have him compete for whatever position he is going to be playing....and see what transpires, but I dont believe at this point, he is a lock for the roster.

Worst case you cut or send him to the practice squad....

Cant really see us cutting anyone else....Im not huge on getting rid of Allen, because I do believe he has value in the defensive backfield....and he's AWSOME on special teams....he makes a ton of plays there that really affect field position.

17. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    Gotta agree on Allen. He seems to have carved out a niche on the team. Saban still blew that pick but it seems at least we have found some use for him.