1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

With two weeks off, we better be ready for the Chargers

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Jaydog57, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Jaydog57

Jaydog57 Canes/Fins/Magic fan

Jun 25, 2008
    Daytona Beach, FL
    After that win, I'm sorry, annihilation last week of the Patriots, I hope our guys are ready to play next week against the Chargers, and not resting on their laurels. We're coming off our first win of the year, and we'll be playing our old buddy Chris Chambers (yeah, he sucks I'm so glad we let him go last year :rolleyes:). I think we should do ok against their run, and hopefully take care of their passing game too. I'd like to see some more crafty plays like last week, and let's get a first win this season at home! Go Phins!!!!:up:

2. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    Depends on how healthy they come out of this Sunday's game as well as they are limping at the moment. Luckily Miami is playing pretty healthy overall so I hope the extra week of prep and game study will give the OC & DC time to get a great gameplan together.

Jaydog57 likes this.
  3. TJamesW_Phinfan

TJamesW_Phinfan New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    They'll give our D more of a challenge than the pats did but I think we have a good shot at this game.

4. The Dude

The Dude Anti Jet

Sep 1, 2008
    ΥέΧª§
    I agree. Only because we have 2 weeks to gameplan for Sandiego and they have 1 week to study us. LT is getting limited carrys, and we are pretty healthy. If both teams were at their peak, we probably wouldnt put up a very big fight. Lets just hope for another upset, so other teams can start respecting us.

Jaydog57 and dolphindebby like this.
  5. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    i think chambers for a second was a good deal for us, first move of rebuilding. we traded chambers for our franchise qb(hopefully)

HULKFish, muscle979 and The Dude like this.
  6. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Well, if the the Pats, in any way, took us lightly, the Chargers won't...but lets not forget that the Bolts have a QB leading them whereas the Pats didn't. The thing is, just like against the Pats, everything has to go exactly right for us to beat them. The fact is they have a much more talented roster than we do...do the comparisons"

1) QB - Chargers 6) DL - Chargers
    2) WRs - Chargers 7) LBs - Chargers
    3) TEs - Chargers 8) DBs - Chargers...by far
    3) RBs - Draw
    5) OL - Chargers...our guys played very well this week, but not so well the two prior.

It's just a quick rundown, and the game gets played on the field, but on paper the Bolts are much better than we are...so in theory, we shouldn't be able to beat them.

Jaydog57 likes this.
  7. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    the norv factor gives us a real chance. They may come in fired up making no mistakes and kill us.. but they might come in flat like norvs team sometimes will do for no reason.

If we come in and execute the gameplan again, we may come out of it a winner again.. I like our chances.

8. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    Love your attitude.
    Our guys are showing a lot of improvement and maybe that will continue through this game also and we'll come out with the W again.
    Go Dolphins.

Jaydog57 likes this.
  9. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    Hopefully they smell blood in the water and will come out and hit the Chargers hard. This will be a tough one for sure though. A win would be huge, Miami hasn't been at .500 in forever. They beat these guys and the sky's the limit, even this season. If that doesn't get them fired up I don't know what will.

Jaydog57 likes this.
  10. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    Chambers has played well is SD just like many of players we have released or traded before have played better.

I certainly think we could use him now given the woeful state of our WRs .

Having said that I do think we got good value for him and used the traded pick wisely.

I also like our chances.The key would be execution IMO.It was miserable the first two games,close to perfect in the last game .

Jaydog57 and Fin Fan In Cali like this.
  11. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Unfortunately for us, LaDainian Tomlinson just had three straight full practices according to the local paper over there. I think that their players who are coming back from injuries (Hardwick, McNeill, Tomlinson, Williams) will be rusty against us but could still get the job done. All players can have a large impact on the game. However, Jamal Williams is the guy I'm looking at here. We need to run the ball up the middle as many times as we can. Williams has struggled this year, helping the Chargers give up 5 yards a carry.

The X-factor for both teams is Darren Sproles and our Special Teams & defensive line. We have been terrible on ST's despite all the acquisitions and Sproles has lit it up. If we allow 32 yards per return to Sproles and don't pressure with our defensive line, we'll lose this game without a doubt.

12. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I don't think your overview of the Chargers defense is realistic. They are giving up 31 points a game at this point.

Miami's ability to win depends on them shortening the game. They dominated a better front-7 in New England on the road, repeating that will go a long way.

Jaydog57 likes this.
  13. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Yes. We should be able to score against them, the key is making sure we dont give Rivers all day to pick us apart. Ball control and QB pressure will be keys for this game.

The SD defense has alot of "names" but they are not always what many people think they are. Solid line play will go a long way for either team to win.

Jaydog57 likes this.
  14. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    we should be prepared but as of now i really feel they out match us

15. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    If we can play 60 minutes of solid football, that is very limited on mistakes, we have a good chance to win this. We must pressure Rivers, and keep him out of his comfort zone. Wrap up LT, limit Gates, and bring the house on Sproles so he cannot hurt us on special teams or in the back field. Before today's game the Chargers defense was giving up to 30 points a game. Ronnie and Ricky need to wear down that dline of the chargers. If we can control the time of possession, I think we will win.

The raiders started out good today, but could not close the deal.

Jaydog57 and BleedinGreenNC like this.
  16. fins4o8

fins4o8 Mac FTW!

Nov 25, 2007
    We need to watch the Raiders game and see what they did. They pressured Rivers all day.

17. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    THe only way we win this game would be attributed to the "any given Sunday" theory. San Diego is flat out a better team in just about every single area.

Only thing that's to our benefit is home field and Norv Turner coaching the Bolts.

Jaydog57 and Fin Fan In Cali like this.
  18. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    That is why they play the game, on any given Sunday, any team can win! We got nothing to lose, we are probably going to be under dogs anyway.:wink2:

Jaydog57 and Coral Reefer like this.
  19. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I don't know about anyone else, but its brutal for me to watch phillip rivers play QB, talk about a noodle arm, we get pressure on this guy and were gonna win, LT thinks he's royalty and their just a little too confident for their own good.

They lost two great players in merriman and turner and we are a bunch of hungry mo fo's.

They don't scare me at all, i think we match up well with them quite honestly.

All we need is our crowd to step up for this game.....Iam going on a personal crusade all week to pump it up, its so important, please join me.

Jaydog57 likes this.
  20. HULKFish

HULKFish Artist and Scribe

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    Well the Dolphins have to prove that the Pats game wasn't an abhoration and I would hope that Sparano would be telling the team this. It was only one game and it will be forgotten quickly if we fall flat against the Chargers.

Once again it's football 101, if we take away there running game and run the ball well then we should be successful. Not allowing the big play is key as well. Oh and of course field position.

Jaydog57 likes this.
  21. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Cue Aqua4ever in 3 . . 2. . 1. . .

I have my doubts about us beating the Chargers, but after the way we played the Pats, I expect to be in the game right up to the end. We will at least acquit ourselves well, and at this early stage of our total rebuild, I would actually settle for that. But I'd sure rather we BEAT THE CHARGERS! :up:

Jaydog57 likes this.
  22. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Chargers are favored by 7.

23. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    SD is a good team and we need to take advantage of thier poor play now. I think once SD gets it together, they'll be the team to beat in the AFC.

24. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chargers dont scare me at all, we match up well imo, rivers is overrated, without LT that team is toast.

25. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    He was responsible for 3 of their first 3 first downs in the first half (two by long passes, one of which was an amazing catch, and one by PI). A lot of times, Nnamdi is that good, but the rest of the players are that bad. You attack the other guys as well, especially D Hall this year. He didn't play that bad considering he had the best CB in the league covering him :D Rivers just wised up and realize that you attack the other DBs on that team.

Chris only has 2 or 3 catches a game but they're usually really long and half the time for TDs.

I just hope he doesn't burn us.