1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WK 5 Playbook: Jets vs. Dolphins

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by mbmonk, Oct 9, 2009.

1. mbmonk

mbmonk I have no clue

Aug 4, 2008
    dolfan7171 likes this.
  2. AllianceCollect

AllianceCollect The Beautiful Mrs. AC....

Mar 25, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    Saw that last night. I have to believe that a Saint missed their assignment. That's just ridiculous blocking, even for Kris Jenkins.

That being said, one of the articles written when Grove was signed away from the Raiders, commented that the FO was impressed with the way he played against not only Kris Jenkins last year, but Wilfork as well.

Its gonna be a slobberknocker Monday night and a heck of an important game for the Phins.

3. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

:praying:

oh god please win

dolfan7171 and padre31 like this.
  4. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Banned

Oct 8, 2009
    Gonna see some big hits.....

dolfan7171 likes this.
  5. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    You know that offered very little on what is going on. Jenkins can get himself out of position if we allow him to. If anyone watches the Saints game, or others, you can get him out of position, and if so, then he ain't chasing anyone, neither is Shaun Ellis.

Initial double team if necessary, and then get someone to the next level. I would look for Donald Thomas to draw Jenkins as a matchup a good deal of the time too. Thomas can also handle Jenkins; he certainly did in the season opener last year.

anlgp likes this.
  6. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Looking at the playbook it puts in the simple flaw of people when they talk about the wildcat.

They act like there is a special way or scheme to stop the Wildcat and that is just not true. On the play they even showed if Ricky Williams hits the linebacker infront of him and ronnie cuts right that is potentially a big gain.

The way to stop the Wildcat is to play diciplined defense and beat the man in front of you. If Miami players beat the men in front of them, the wildcat works. If the defense beat the men in front of them then the wildcat is stopped.

The Ravens stopped the wild cat because Miami's interior linemen could not block the Ravens interior linemen. It is plain and simple.

If Miami's interior linemen can block the Jets interior linemen on a consistant basis then it will be a long game for the Jets.

7. shaunm000

shaunm000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Oviedo
    I cannot wait till Monday night. Just stinks i gotta wait that long.

8. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

MNF games could take some getting used to, but should they continue I would welcome the change.

'Course we gotta play like we want them

dolfan7171, mullingan and jetssuck like this.
  9. Eop05

Eop05 Junior Member Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    Very well said.

The big difference this year being:

Miami Wild Cat 2008:
    Ike Ndukwe....sucks
    Samson Satele.....Benched at Oakland!!!
    Andy Alleman...sucks

Miami Wild Cat 2009
    Donald Thomas...huge improvement over Ndukwe
    Jake Grove....generates twice the push Satele does
    Justin Smiley...above average, great pulling guard

The wildcat is a smashmouth running offense and last year we had career backups at our interior OL posistions. This year we have the personnel to run this smashmouth formation. The Jets may slow it down more than the previous 4 teams have, but 1 thing is for sure, this won't be a repeat of Baltimore, where they slaughtered our interior OL.

10. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    You may laugh a bit Conu, but I'm almost convinced we will see Nate Garner or D Thomas lining up in the backfield on short yardage situations with the sole job of slamming into Kris Jenkins to pick up a couple of yards for a TD or first downs.

I've seen that done several times over the years with a NT who is supposed to be dominant, if the Center moves the NT out of the way the Olineman then has to smack into the ILB trying to fill the hole.

11. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Jenkins is dominating this year, i watched him 2 weeks ago, he took over.....iam glad the legend is gonna be helping Jake out some, i dont think donald is scared of anyone..

I also like the fact that ronnies vision out of the wildcat is key, he may be able to read jenkins reaction and move accordingly, taking him out of the game, its not like the base where ronnie is running strait forward, theres hesitation there where ronnie can take advantage of the read....One of the beautiful layers of ronnie in this formation.

Ricky is gonna punish fools on the perimeter..

dolfan7171, jetssuck and Jeffrey like this.
  12. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Banned

Oct 8, 2009
    Ricky always brings his A game against the Yets. He is gonna smash fools.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  13. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    Good read. Grove will own him on Monday night.
    and
    Run Ricky Run! always has a big game against the Jets

dolfan7171 likes this.
  14. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Jenkins gets winded easily as history as shown, ife we run the ball effectively he'll be a non-factor.

gafinfan likes this.
  15. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    So to run the ball effectively, Miami has to run the ball effectively?

16. Outtawack311

Outtawack311 New Member

Dec 3, 2007

Yup..most teams run to set up the pass or pass to set up the run.

We run to set up the run.

late again, jetssuck and Tone_E like this.
  17. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Damn straight.

:up::knucks: